• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Pixel Errors with Chrome

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps:
1.) just play.....

Issue Description (9/10): With Chrome, I often have pixel errors (see screenshot) in the city, on the GvG map and on the GE map. The following does NOT influence the problem:
* having only one tab or multiple tabs with FoE open
* hardware acceleration on or off (setting in the flash player)
* playing on beta or .de

Screenshot:
Chrome_Pixelfehler.jpg

Player:
World:
Operating System:
Browser Version:
Viewport Size:

1.93.a306574 (17.01.2017 8:30), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 24,0,0,194, Windows 10, Chrome/55.0.2883.87, 1920x950, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)
1.91.bc9d4ec (19.12.2016 8:53), Andi47 (868769), de5, de_DE, WIN 24,0,0,194, Windows 10, Chrome/55.0.2883.87, 1920x950, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

Note:
* Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
* tested with Firefox - no pixel error

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes, nothing found

Last edited:

RedRed

Viceroy
Same here on firefox, with one of the coastline graphic element (see https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/black-stripes-on-city-background.6481/); deleting the file in the cache that contains the graphic element that triggers the issue seems solves it temporairly (not sure because is something like a loading issue, the bug can disappear at refresh; however the file itself is not corrupted, can be opened without issues and it passes the MD5 comparision with the new file)

Last edited:

Andi47

Overlord
*bump*

Does anyone have an idea how to get rid of these graphic problem? The stripes keep coming back soon after a reload - even after a Ctrl-F5.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Same here on firefox, with one of the coastline graphic element (see https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/black-stripes-on-city-background.6481/); deleting the file in the cache that contains the graphic element that triggers the issue seems solves it temporairly (not sure because is something like a loading issue, the bug can disappear at refresh; however the file itself is not corrupted, can be opened without issues and it passes the MD5 comparision with the new file)
Can you please check which Flash version you're using?

It seems it may be a Flash issue. We'll see if we can find a bug report to track.

DeletedUser7239

It seems it may be a Flash issue. We'll see if we can find a bug report to track.

This happens for months lol same here on chrome.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
This happens for months lol same here on chrome.
It happening for months doesn't really give us any info to work with though. :) Based on the posts above it is clear that not everyone, at least not on every browser, is experiencing the same.

DeletedUser7239

It happening for months doesn't really give us any info to work with though. :) Based on the posts above it is clear that not everyone, at least not on every browser, is experiencing the same.

Dark, i was not sure if it was game fault or mine, thats the reason i did not report it, now that i know it is a game issue, i will report when it happen again :)

RedRed

Viceroy

Happened again for the first time since your message.

Flash: 24,0,0,194
Firefox: 51.0.1 (64 bit)

phZUeuH.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser7239

Here´s mine, its seems the same when we punch(yeah i hate to lose :p) or touched mega drive cartridge the image puff xD
image url upload

Info:
1.93.ed62115 (25.01.2017 10:51), legioX, WIN 24,0,0,194, Windows 8.1 64bit, Chrome/55.0.2883.87, 1920x984, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)
I7 cpu, amd hd 7800, 8gb ddr3

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
This seems to be fixed with a recent version of Chrome. Can you all try updating to the latest version of your browser, and flash player for those on Firefox, and let us know if you're still experiencing it with some.

DeletedUser7239

This seems to be fixed with a recent version of Chrome. Can you all try updating to the latest version of your browser, and flash player for those on Firefox, and let us know if you're still experiencing it with some.

hi, i guess its all up to date.
And today it done it already 3 times the same.

Andi47

Overlord

I think it is not: I have Chrome version 56.0.2924.87 (64-bit), and it says that it is the newest one. And I still experience the problem.

Andi47

Overlord
are the developers aware of the bug? It is still not fixed.
Edit: And yes, I just checked, Chrome says that it is at the newest version.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
It's not a game issue, as hinted in an earlier reply. It's related to flash/browser. I don't have the report handy, will look for it again when I have the time.