• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 8th May

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Please leave any feedback for this weeks dailies here, thank you.

DeletedUser5160

@Zarok Dai Is the timing issue you're taking about in the new UI where we could add packs faster than the processes could keep up and it sometimes would only register every other click?

DeletedUser5429

Hi, since this morning, when I add FPs to a GB (with the new window), there is a pause between each click.
So now, we cannot anymore click 100 times to put 1000 FPs, we have to wait a little between each click.
That is a real GREAT step backwards.:eek:

If you don't want people to invest in GBs, just make them disappear, or set a max level to 10 and let us be done once and for all! :mad:

DeletedUser5429

• Added more improvements to the time syncing when spending Forge Points
Really?! Added more improvements?! That's how you formulate this regression?!
That is just more newspeak. Outrageous!

DeletedUser

Really?! Added more improvements?! That's how you formulate this regression?!
That is just more newspeak. Outrageous!

The fact is that there were issues with adding FP's one at a time over and over very quickly. Even the displays of the subtractions were being delayed sometimes until after the window was closed. This had to be addressed.
While I understand you feel it has had a negative impact on the player side (feedback that I am passing along by the way), it did correct the problems that were occurring. Can they improve upon this? Possibly they can, but the fix had to start somewhere.

urine luck

Baronet
i think its actually slower than the old window now. this will be an absolute gamekiller for the advanced players

urine luck

Baronet
i thought the new window was fine without todays changes. the delay at the end of adding was a bit of a pain, but the trade off was worth it with how easy it was to add fp.

DeletedUser5429

The fact is that there were issues with adding FP's one at a time over and over very quickly. Even the displays of the subtractions were being delayed sometimes until after the window was closed. This had to be addressed.
While I understand you feel it has had a negative impact on the player side (feedback that I am passing along by the way), it did correct the problems that were occurring. Can they improve upon this? Possibly they can, but the fix had to start somewhere.

Which is one of the reasons the new window is still in testing.
While I do appreciate your work, I cannot help but being quite angry at those changes and the way they are done.

The new window has been out for quite some months now, and feedback, including the mentionned delay, were made very early. Nobody seemed to care a bit about that. Now, five or so months later, the devs wake up and come with a crappy solution.
So now, people with the old window are not happy, people with the new are not happy... Seems like almost everybody is unhappy... And we'll still have to wait six months or a year to see the next evolution, which is as likely to be a further regression as to be an improvement!

I'd had that I have spent tens of thousands of FPs using the new window (no exaggeration in that), without any problem (except, to be honest, the first few times, to get used to the change). It was quite convenient because while the thousands FPs invested were adding, ten by ten, you could do something else. Now you just have to sit again before your screen like a zombie, clicking and waiting.

I never uttered such a thing because I never meant to, but now I'm really a hair close to quitting this game. While it is very good, Inno does an extremely poor job listening to feedback and managing changes.

Thanks for passing this along.

Andi47

Overlord
Which is one of the reasons the new window is still in testing.

well - the new "fix" has just removed the biggest advantage of the new UI. Is there no other way to fix this*)???

BTW: Same with e.g. the old UI - or with aiding when attempting to click quite fast: This results in the button becoming stuck, you can click 50 times and NOTHING happens.

Or someone posts into the 5 FP chain, clicks 5 times to count 5 points into the previous poster's GB, and the owner of that GB becomes angry, because he misses two forgepoints (in said GB) AGAIN**). (happened quite a few times in our guild)

*) (edit): BTW: the old behaviour was (I tested more than once): I clicked e.g. 100 times to spend 1000 FP, and then (while the FP bar resp. the display of the owner's GB was still busy) quickly reloaded the game. Result: all forgepoints had been correctly spent (they were in the GB, and correctly subtracted from my stock). So it seems the data is quickly going out from the client to the server, but is SLOW from the server to the client??

**) clicking 5 times results in spending only 3 or 4 forgepoints when clicking too fast.

Last edited:

DeletedUser5160

It honestly sounds like you all need to do a rewrite of how you do donations period. I have followed the network traffic and you do a call with every single FP add........ Your asynchronous calls are all messed up.

DeletedUser7779

@Zarok Dai
"Improved the display of the bonus applied from Atlantis Museum during a plunder" from Tuesday's update.
Does that mean, that the bonus is now displayed? I.e. if you get a double 10 it is shown as 2x10 instead of 20 like it was before?

DeletedUser4285

I can't wait till we get the new layout of the GB window. Even if it is slower than prior to the update at least you don't have to click twice for each time you put fps in right? :p

DeletedUser

In future threads, could we get a link to the change announcement? ;)

So the Changelog is linked to this thread. Are you saying you want this thread linked back to the Changelog?

@Zarok Dai
"Improved the display of the bonus applied from Atlantis Museum during a plunder" from Tuesday's update.
Does that mean, that the bonus is now displayed? I.e. if you get a double 10 it is shown as 2x10 instead of 20 like it was before?

First the blimp with the doubled value is shown, then shortly after another blimp with the bonus icon (a fist with 2 plus signs, ++).