• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 8th May

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

So it seems the data is quickly going out from the client to the server, but is SLOW from the server to the client??

Seems to be a safe assumption, though I am in no way a programmer.

Andi47

Overlord
Seems to be a safe assumption, though I am in no way a programmer.

Me neither. (I have done some hobby programming and wrote a bigger program (several hundred lines) for my diploma thesis some 15 years ago, so I have got a little knowledge, but I have not done some programming ever since.)

Anyway, I can see what I see from a user point of view (and some things in FoE seem to be REALLY inefficiently programmed*) )...

*) example: in de5 I have got ~3900 unattached units. When I select 8 unattached units, keep the switch in "unattached" and place a deff army in "all ages" GvG, it takes TWO MINUTES until I see the deff placed and my client becomes responsive again. Similar pain when I have the filter switched to unattached and deselect some injured unattached units. Is FoE bubblesorting the units with one of the most inefficient sorting algorithms on this planet?

DeletedUser6705

well - the new "fix" has just removed the biggest advantage of the new UI. Is there no other way to fix this*)???

BTW: Same with e.g. the old UI - or with aiding when attempting to click quite fast: This results in the button becoming stuck, you can click 50 times and NOTHING happens.

hmmm... somehow this reminds me of the railgun "fix" which seriously reduced the usability of rouges.

Inno's basic approach seems to be to ignore an issue for as long as possible and them implement some garbage that (sort of) addresses the issue in question without any regard for the overall gaming experience :mad:.

Tanmay11

Regent
*) example: in de5 I have got ~3900 unattached units. When I select 8 unattached units, keep the switch in "unattached" and place a deff army in "all ages" GvG, it takes TWO MINUTES until I see the deff placed and my client becomes responsive again. Similar pain when I have the filter switched to unattached and deselect some injured unattached units. Is FoE bubblesorting the units with one of the most inefficient sorting algorithms on this planet?
im not sure what algorithm their using. but it has been suggested probably a hundred times that if INNO can make the army management window remember the last set age by player in "age filter" (just like the U/a, attached units filter). it reduces the lagg to a great extent. but no word on it yet!!!

ohh btw almost half year since the so called testing of GB window began and im still stuck with the old window

Last edited:

DeletedUser

ohh btw almost half year since the so called testing of GB window began and im still stuck with the old window

I am trying to find out if it may be possible to release it to everyone on Beta while we continue testing.

DeletedUser5429

Don't you think the 'testing' is happening extremely slowly?

Anyways, once again our beta server has been defeated by live in posting the changelog for v1.101
Yep, testing going slow is a nice way to put it.
No dev seem to care about this window. No question asked, no action taken to improve things.
Just very rare "improvements added" that make things way worse.
We can understand the devs have more urgent and/or important things to do, but still, this is hard to swallow.

DeletedUser8128

ragarding:

- Fixed an issue where sometimes players were being asked to allow Flash on login, making it appear they had lost their progress

--> This is the reason, why I installed Mozilla Firefox, because this annoying behavior occurs constantly in Chrome-Browser.

-----------

@Zarok Dai : While you looked into the "Log-In-Process": Could you please ask the developers, why Flash has to load "shared/shared/icons" in the loading process and freezing at 70-72% ?

DeletedUser

@Zarok Dai : While you looked into the "Log-In-Process": Could you please ask the developers, why Flash has to load "shared/shared/icons" in the loading process and freezing at 70-72% ?

I will try and find out, but I make no guarantees :)

DeletedUser4256

• We reworked our settings window a little bit and also included links to our Wiki
    UrlAdvisorSuspiciousImage.png
    and to our social media channels.
Lets see:

New "Player Hub" section : isn't the settings windows a settings windows? so why including non-settings stuff in this window?, sorry but it doesnt make sense
"Wiki": unnecesary and redundant, you already can visit the wiki by opening global menu -> forum -> wiki link
"Forum" button: unnecesary and redundant, there is already a way to go to the forum (global menu -> forum)
"Support" button: unnecessary and redundant, there is already a way to contact support, just right clicking on the city and select "Contact support"
"Follow us" section: (advertising), weren't we in a settings menu?

More code to load therefore worse game performance.
A step backward imo.

urine luck

Baronet
tan, now that they have nerfed the new window you are better off with the old. i will also be surprised if how the new window is now is not the way they want it to be so i dont expect it to be reverted back to how the players want it

DeletedUser8150

im not sure what algorithm their using. but it has been suggested probably a hundred times that if INNO can make the army management window remember the last set age by player in "age filter" (just like the U/a, attached units filter). it reduces the lagg to a great extent. but no word on it yet!!!

Spot on. I think many of us don't understand some of the code decisions. I do wonder if displaying one Unit icon per age/type and only checking for numbers when you click to add would be faster than loading 'many' units as present. The spinning wheels as I wait for unit icons to load (either side of a non responding message) is tiring.

My other bugbear is the load order.

Take one example: city buildings...click on a city, aid a building, click on next city, the game 'freezes' while it loads all the first cities buildings, then shows the DT goods+1 and coins, and only then moves to the next city.

urine luck

Baronet
that would be good for healthy units, but you need to be able to see a few injured units to choose which ones go in defense armies