• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Obsolete GB?

CrashBoom

Legend
and SoH Lvl 8 has 80 each so 240 each ( 3 SoH )..
SOH has 80 in total or 16 each :rolleyes:

so 157 each beats 3 times 80 in total
and that is not even close

you would need 10 SOH at level 8 and then you would beat it with 160 (to 157) each

That's.. not how it works.
actually it is

so sorry dude that you don't how it really works ;)

Last edited:

kmc11

Farmer
SOH has 80 in total or 16 each :rolleyes:

so 157 each beats 3 times 80 in total
and that is not even close

you would need 10 SOH at level 8 and then you would beat it with 160 (to 157) each

actually it is

so sorry dude that you don't how it really works ;)

Wew that's news for me then. Makes SoH seem quite useless..

Then I guess it's back to CF and manual treasury donations

Emberguard

Emperor
Wew that's news for me then. Makes SoH seem quite useless..

Then I guess it's back to CF and manual treasury donations
you can see the donations in the guild treasury donations. Also Blue Galaxy can double it

SoH isn’t useless for donations, it’s strength is in the fact everyone gets SoH over time. You can’t rely on it solely for treasury donations but it still increases the amount you’re able to donate. Multiple streams of income are almost always more effective then a single stream of income. CF is a amazing goods provider and yeah, you can easily outproduce SoH with CF if you have the time. But having SoH and CF combined will obviously provide just a little bit more

CrashBoom

Legend
I love the SOH guild treasury donations because they count for event quests and daily challenges :D
(and obviously for the FP)

GB donations don't count

Owl II

Emperor
3 statues is 240 goods of course. Bad math. :rolleyes:But I wanted to say the game is changing. What we called trash a year ago is important today. Who knows, maybe devs will give a new meaning to such a resource as happiness tomorrow. And we'll start feverishly leveling the Colosseum and Gaea;)

3 statues is 240 goods of course. Bad math. :rolleyes:But I wanted to say the game is changing. What we called trash a year ago is important today. Who knows, maybe devs will give a new meaning to such a resource as happiness tomorrow. And we'll start feverishly leveling the Colosseum and Gaea;)
Maybe they allow you to buy FP with medals.... ;)

GB's get less useful / obsolete with time, with a few exceptions. Some are good to keep for a long time, others just by a few eras and then to be demolished. Other GBs are built only for one of the rewards it gives, the other is not important for the decision to keep it, or to level it higher.

Obsolete with time
Let's take Oracle of Delphi for an example: For many it may the 1st GB to be built at the city, and open the opportunity to enter in FP swaps deals or use FP Swaps Threads at guild to aid in the BPs hunt for other GBs. The Supplies it provides help early game development but soon in Iron Age or EMA there will be available other supplies production buildings that are more efficient than the supplies/day provided by Oracle. by this time the player may have already Statue of Zeus, Lighthouse of Alexandria, Cathedral of Aachen, plus other GBs; therefore the Oracle is not longer needed for FP Swaps or FP threads. The 3x3 space would better be used for a Shoemaker or other better building.

Notre Dame and Colosseum are other examples of GBs losing any attractive very early.

Galata Tower vs Voyager V1 & Atlantis Museum
Not that the previous GTBs lose power, it is a new challenge to the player, requires a change of strategy. Previously a Plunderer who tends to attack all or most the Neighborhood would start at the bottom of the list up to the top ones. Now with the Galata Tower, if not wanting to lose a chance from his/her GBs due to a Galata Tower in town just need to change the order of the attacks/plunders and leave for the last those cities with Galata Towers built. That way expend al chances provided by Voyager V1 and Atlantis Museum in cities without Galata Towers and then attack/plunder cities that have a Galata Tower.

Innovation Tower & Habitat vs Population
Innovation Tower is an example of GBs built thinking in just one of the rewards: FPs; the population it gives is just a secondary benefit. If population gets too high impacting the Happiness level then just add a few more levels to Alcatraz, problem solved. In the case of Habitat (coins + population) it is in my list of GBs not to build. Coins are easy to get from many other sources at the game, and population is obtained from residential buildings and other most useful GBs.

Atomium
Main reward: Guild Treasury Goods, Secondary reward: Happiness
The first problem with Atomium is it size, larger than Arc and lot bigger than Observatory, then add that requires a lot FPs to level up. and then compare the second reward of Atomium vs the rewards at Arc and Observatory. It is a simple analysis, in this group of 3 GBs that gives TReasury Goods, one is the best, other gets the middle position and the other is at the bottom. In this case, Atomium gets 3rd (and last place). Even at a city needing happiness additional levels at Alcatraz are likely a better solution than build or to invest more at Atomium.
---
- Some GB exist only for collectionist.
Totally agree, me at EN04 Dinegu, complete GB collection just waiting for the Galata Tower to be released, then it will be BP hunting time. At other cities the GBs built are according to my strategy for the city.

Should inno rethink about GB?
No. I think, that they think that not every GB are designed to be at the top category of GBs
  • some GBs are designed for the early stage of the game, maybe just for a few eras and then time to consider stop investing in ti, or even demolish it.
  • others are game changers that are excellent at any age, and for long time, to be built as early as possible and level up as high as affordable.
  • many GBs are only attractive to certain players depending on their playing style, strategy, or time devoted to FOE.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
Innovation Tower & Habitat vs Population
Innovation Tower is an example of GBs built thinking in just one of the rewards: FPs; the population it gives is just a secondary benefit. If population gets too high impacting the Happiness level then just add a few more levels to Alcatraz, problem solved. In the case of Habitat (coins + population) it is in my list of GBs not to build. Coins are easy to get from many other sources at the game, and population is obtained from residential buildings and other most useful GBs.
Inno and Habitat are one of those GBs that once upon a time you absolutely would have built it for the population. And depending on how quickly you age up may still be useful for population once you reach those ages but for most people are no longer needed

We get a lot of population from event buildings, making pop GB worthelss. Inno I only keep for the FP but now I got 10k extra pop just from the govenors villa, more of a burden to provide the smiles really.