• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Obsolete GB?

Goldra

Marquis
I want to know opinions about GB, because i think some of them became obsolete. Not asking for changes because i know its a DNSL, but with the changes made it in this year, some GB has changed its importance. With the adding of buildings giving defence to attackers and attack to defenders, and the adding of galata tower:
- GB that boost troops, now they give 3 skills; attack, defense and fp/gold/medals
- Terracota army gives 4 skills...
- Voyager and atlantida museum gets less power with the add of galata tower
- The habitat / Innovation tower lost importance with the big amount of poblation that you receive from event buildings
- Some event/settlement buildings are better than some GB at level 10
- Some GB exist only for collecionist
- Some GB are like "must have", and all players that plays seriously have them

What do you think about that? Should inno rethink about GB?

It is what it is. There is nothing new in what you noted, it's been happing since the game was introduced.

Currently, some great buildings are more useful early on like Oracle and ToB. Delete them when they outlive their usefulness.

Some buildings are very useful early on and again in late game, but not so much in the mid-game, like LoA. Build it early, take it to 10, delete it when it isn't useful anymore, rebuild and level it in later ages.

Some buildings are always useful like the combat triad, Arc, Chateau, Traz, etc. Keep them forever*

That is the nature of a strategy game. Not everything is useful forever. Use what works for you and dump that which doesn't. Games evolve, change or get left behind. Pretty much the rule everywhere.

*until something comes along to change the equation.

CrashBoom

Legend
- Voyager... gets less power with the add of galata tower
so you can't plunder 3 times a day anymore o_O

and atlantida museum gets less power with the add of galata tower
but gets more power with new events

when it was introduced the most you could plunder was 5 FP (+ goods, ...)
nowadays you can plunder 10+ FP from one player

- Some event/settlement buildings are better than some GB at level 10
and at level 100 ?
if you only want to level your GB to 10 then you really should avoid some GB

- The .. Innovation tower lost importance with the big amount of poblation that you receive from event buildings
good that 99% level it up because of the FP and not the population

Should inno rethink about GB?
they already did

result:
there are too much of them and so they give only one per era and not two anymore :eek:

Some buildings are always useful like the ... Arc, Chateau, Traz, etc. Keep them forever*
and I doubt that Inno will bring new GB (bonus) that will be such game breakers

Last edited:

Goldra

Marquis
About plunders... you can attack 80 neighbours, but how many of them will you have a good option to plunder? Only trains, hipodromes, and other few buildings are good choices to plunder. You try to plunder one of them and galata avoids it... one shoot less of your atlantida museum or your voyager? Bad luck... A lot of times, you can only plunder houses, supplies factories or nothing...

About troop boosters... At the beggining, you could only grow up the defence of your attackers growing up GB, now you have sentinel tower and event buildings, so it become a new skill for buildings.

Innovation tower become like Sofia Saint, a GB for fp.

And what about observatory, deal castle and ST basilio if GVG gets removed? Few people will grow up observatory, just for the guild; deal castle and St basilio will have it the ones that loves to have big city defence.

CrashBoom

Legend
. one shoot less of ... or your voyager? Bad luck... A lot of times, you can only plunder houses, supplies factories or nothing...
WRONG

if you fail you still have your shoots of your voyager

and you shouldn't have build the voyager if you can't plunder 3 times even with galatas in the neighborhood

Goldra

Marquis
WRONG

if you fail you still have your shoots of your voyager

and you shouldn't have build the voyager if you can't plunder 3 times even with galatas in the neighborhood

Ok. Im not a plunder master, and never had voyager or museum. Thanks for this info, i thought wrong.

kmc11

Farmer
Make Oracle of Delphi give Bonus of Galata Tower
Make Colosseum like Himeji but for fights in PvP Arena when it comes
Make Galata Tower boost % for points given by fights ( doesn't make it completely useless, but not something impacting game )

Smth like that would be nice imo.. Reusing old stuff that is really UNUSED

I'm surprised nobody's actually mentioned real trash GB: notre dam, RAH, colloseum, gaia, lotus, atom, capitol, space needle....
Atom isn't really trash, it's just that most people won't benefit from it enough (or don't think they will) to want to build it. It certainly has it's place in the right circumstances, especially in top guilds where guild goods are always in short supply.

Emberguard

Emperor
Atom isn't really trash, it's just that most people won't benefit from it enough (or don't think they will) to want to build it. It certainly has it's place in the right circumstances, especially in top guilds where guild goods are always in short supply.
Yeah, if you’re heavily into GBG then Atom, Obs and Arc would help with that. But it would also mean those same FPs are’t being used elsewhere so upto the player to decide what they can “afford”

Owl II

Emperor
Yeah, if you’re heavily into GBG then Atom, Obs and Arc would help with that. But it would also mean those same FPs are’t being used elsewhere so upto the player to decide what they can “afford”
Not the player is heavily, but the Guild is heavily. The player can parasitize the Guild treasury and invest a minimum there. But if you values the Guild you will do everything to make it succeed. In particular, you will fill the treasury as much as possible. It doesn't cost that much FP. Atom and Observatory will cost only 60 000 FP from 0 to 80 LVL. This is a small thing for a strong player. 2 levels of my Arc for example

kmc11

Farmer
Not the player is heavily, but the Guild is heavily. The player can parasitize the Guild treasury and invest a minimum there. But if you values the Guild you will do everything to make it succeed. In particular, you will fill the treasury as much as possible. It doesn't cost that much FP. Atom and Observatory will cost only 60 000 FP from 0 to 80 LVL. This is a small thing for a strong player. 2 levels of my Arc for example

That is.. If you push it beyond level 120 it might be useful.. If you don't want to go that far just plant 3 SoH at level 8 and save the FP for fighting GBs

CrashBoom

Legend
That is.. If you push it beyond level 120 it might be useful.. If you don't want to go that far just plant 3 SoH at level 8 and save the FP for fighting GBs
and what if I already have 6 SOH at level 8 and not kits anymore ?
how can I plant 3 more SoH level 8 ?

and for people who always could build 3 more instead:
I suggest: fill your whole city with SoH level 8

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
3 SOH lvl 8 - 270 goods. 1 Atom lvl 80 - 785 goods. Fighting GB? I got 61% of attack and 44% of def in attack in the current event (not most successful) . Are you sure 60k FP will help? Each of the my fighting GB at 90+ level. Beginner doesn't need an Аtom. But there are others in this game

Last edited:
Do you have a level 160 arc...? Very commendable if you do.

Mostly put atom because I rarely see any city have it, its footprint is big and benefits eclipsed by other GB.

kmc11

Farmer
3 SOH lvl 8 - 270 goods. 1 Atom lvl 80 - 785 goods. Fighting GB? I got 61% of attack and 44% of def in attack in the current event (not most successful) . Are you sure 60k FP will help? Each of the my fighting GB at 90+ level. Beginner doesn't need an Аtom. But there are others in this game

That's.. not how it works. Atom has 157 each at lvl 80 and SoH Lvl 8 has 80 each so 240 each ( 3 SoH )..

My point is that the SoH take less space and have no FP cost. So in the long run you WILL run out of space in your city, and even if you value treasure donation over anything else, you get a much better efficiency by not planting atom - and using the FP elsewhere.

[EDIT] I'm wrong, ignore this.

Last edited: