• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Spoiler Next Settlement

I think the access for the minigame could be in the corner on the left. Or in the ruins below?
index.php

Havik79

Baronet
I honestly don't understand the hostility to Egypt. IMO it's the easiest of the three, and it's not close. Two Nubian Archer Ranges is all you need to go through the armies to get loot, and most importantly you can remove the impediments.

Every single god damn sector has stupid impediments, it is beyond a joke, more of a joke than claiming Egypt is easier than Japan.

derdelyi beta

Merchant
Every single god damn sector has stupid impediments, it is beyond a joke, more of a joke than claiming Egypt is easier than Japan.

I finished 11 Egypt settlements with gold chest (in earlier settlements 10+ days remained, that reduced to 4-5 days for the later settlements) with spending 50-100 diamonds for 1-2 extra removal tools per settlement. All sectors have exactly one impediment but you receive 6 free removal tools and I'm sure it's also totally feasible to finish each Egypt settlement without spending any diamonds. It's enough to buy only 11 expansions, all of them for 1 single good! The key is a good strategy.
I used 8-8-4 hours production cycles per day. If one is really careful with the fights, then one needs only a small amount of deben to product. It required only 7-8x times 2 mins per day to run an Egypt settlement for me. So I totally liked it because it's far more easier than the other two and requires less attention and time. Spending diamonds for 1-2 extra removal tools is absolutely not necessarry, but it could make a settlement much more easier and may save 2-3 days in a whole run.

DeletedUser9666

I have been working on my FIRST Egyptian settlement since it was released on live several months ago. I might have reached first few milestones. Not sure as I haven't checked in weeks.
I agree what some wrote before - Japan was almost ok. Vikings and Egypt - pure torture.

I am sort of afraid to even speculate what type of torture Inno came up with this time... Aztecs were known for skull shrinking, human sacrifices and such. So torturing players with boring game mechanics would be perfectly in place...

The Egyptian settlement is very easy. I've never had any problem with it, always got the gold chest with several days to spare, never spent a diamond (maybe once in the beginning).

I wonder what the Aztec minigame will be. On the maps, in EG, in CdB, we alwas have to choose between negociation and fight. Now, we have a negociation settlement and a figth settlement (and a settlement without minigame). Will the Aztec minigame be linked with a feature of the city, like the Egyptian and Japaneses ones? Or will it be completely new? It's quite intriguing.

Last edited:

LugerP08

Merchant
I appreciated Vikings, but I never finished them on the main city, then Japanese came out and they were very beautiful, with nice music and Oriental themes - good work Inno crew, but after Egyptians came out I liked them a little more than Japanese, except that I need glasses for my eyes from polar sun on Nile. Aztecs I want to see less cutting my eyes, but no less colorful, the green color is very good))

The question is why should we wait for military buildings. Egypt is a settlement where we fight and it will remain so.
Why does Egypt have to be the only fighting settlement? Maybe in a few years we have a bunch of settlements, inevitably there will be another fighting one, anther trading one, another one where you just make goods.

Goldra

Marquis
The first settlement was the standard and its an european culture.
The second settlement was the comertial and its an asiatic culture.
The thirs settlement was the fighter and its an african culture.
The fourth settlement seems to be a minigame event and its an american culture.
So, we can expect that it wont be a settlement similar to other, just like the vikings but with a different add. Saying in different words; japanese is like vikings with trades; egiptian is like vikings with fights; aztecs seems to be like vikings with a daily mingame.
Who will be the 5th?
- Rome? difficult because iron age has romanian arquitecture.
- PAscua island tribe? Oceania has no settlement.
- Babilonia? One of the first civilizations, west of asia...
- Persia? big civilization in the west asia.
- Indian tribes of north america? difficult, but not imposible.
- China? one of the greatest civilizations
- Spanish colonial settlement in america? a different way
- Greek? Nice, but difficult
- Sarracens? interesting...

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Who will be the 5th?

Hmmm...

Greece and Rome are too similar for two separate settlements, I think. Maybe a "Greco-Roman" style settlement.

Babylon...or an ancient Assyrian settlement, maybe. Either could be good. Sumerian, even. Kish, Lagash, Ur. Nice big temple to a Deity whose name is best not spoken as one of the rewards... (Kidding, I LOL. Maybe let's stay out of Mesopotamia. Hey, why didn't we ever have an Historical event for HP Lovecraft? That would have been GREAT.)

Persia = Iran, a Muslim nation, and not a really good idea for a "cultural settlement" in a game. These folks tend to get upset about things like that.

China...maybe if we hadn't already been inundated with Japanese cultural items, yes. We've got the Terracotta Army as a GB though...maybe they could give us a replica of the Great Wall to go with it, or even the Thousand Buddha Grottoes.

Saracens are Muslim Arabs, so again, not such a good idea.

Hard no on the colonizers from Spain. Seriously. However, if they developed a settlement based in, say, Andalusia, 15th century, that might not be too bad. One of the rewards could be a statue of Esclavo, the foundation sire of the Andalusian breed of horse. Or a settlement in Madrid. Madrid is good too. Doesn't have the horses, but...I could let that slide. :p

They've already got a South American Indigenous settlement on the way, and I've no faith that the development team would do right with a North American Indigenous settlement. That's just me though, I certainly don't have to do the settlement to progress through the Eras. Not like I had to do those stupid provinces on the bloody World Map. But not like that can improve.

Anyway.

They could do a great Dutch settlement, I'm sure. We could get a cobbler's house, and instead of having a second upgradable building, each time you finish the settlement, you get a 3x3 patch of tulips. You have the option of choosing the color of the tulips, of course. I would put my statue of Esclavo right in the center of the patches, and with my Sunflower Mill of Fall, my Ponds Cottage, my September Cottage, the Harvest set we just got, and my Yggdrasil all put together with it--OH MY GODS I WANT THIS NOW.

Ah, sorry...sorry. A little carried away there. o_O

So, Troy it is, then. :D