• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion New Ideas

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Right now I have to tank every other battleground to stay there now.
There are 2 other guilds doing the same thing.
That’s not good for the game that 3 out of 8 are purposely losing because they can’t compete in the diamond league.
Last time we had a discussion similar to this. I was told that if my guild cannot compete in the diamond league then we shouldn’t be there. I agree ,it’s not very fun getting beat down in the diamond league.

Your solution just broadens the problem though. Then there'll be the people who can't compete against you who wish they wouldn't have to go to 900 platinum.

The core issue is that moving up 17.5% of the ranking in one season is just too much near the top. That it can move a guild from being top dog to bottom dweller without a prayer.

Noname 5.0

Steward
200,000 ,170,000, 110,000 those are the top 3 scores the other 5 guilds 50,000 combined victory points.
How else should I play . I just waste resources in the diamond league without gaining anything.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
200,000 ,170,000, 110,000 those are the top 3 scores the other 5 guilds 50,000 combined victory points.
How else should I play . I just waste resources in the diamond league without gaining anything.

Well I mean if you're at the point where you're basically taking rounds off in platinum to not go to diamond, you might as well go to diamond and then take that round off (I do that on one world semi-regularly).

Noname 5.0

Steward
I don’t take a off time in the platinum league we just do good enough that they keep sending us to the diamond league.
Where we take the 10 days off to lose enough points to demote us back to platinum.
I would like to be able to just stay in the platinum league instead of having to tank it in the diamond.
We only have 3 sometimes 4 active members, so competing with guilds of 30 or more members is just a waste of resources..

nice2haveu

Baronet
Make GBG battles blindfolded. Myself wanted to get rid of other guild details and name. Just index them with number in the overview or listing. No icon or labels for other guilds. When season got over, every one able to see the top three guild names only. No other changes to GBG, just this change to put an end for checkers approach in the GBG sectors.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Just index them with number in the overview or listing.
Instead of numbers the name of corresponding colour would probably be less confusing. Blind fighting would be an improvement indeed until the end of GbG. Most coordinated actions already are by naming guilds by their corresponding colours.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Instead of numbers the name of corresponding colour would probably be less confusing. Blind fighting would be an improvement indeed until the end of GbG. Most coordinated actions already are by naming guilds by their corresponding colours.
This idea can be moved to real idea section. Not sure how many will support, but my vote is yes for sure.

Emberguard

Emperor
Instead of numbers the name of corresponding colour would probably be less confusing.
Only thing with names is not everyone associates the same names to the same colours. EG: blue, aqua, cyan. Similar but different and depending on who you ask you may get different answers on what each colour is

So you may need a colour indicator of the actual colour next to the words. But I’d not want it to be a solid block of colour as that’ll likely be a eye sore. Rather would prefer the same system on any colour cube as the map: duller colour for the middle, brighter colour as the outline.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Only thing with names is not everyone associates the same names to the same colours. EG: blue, aqua, cyan. Similar but different and depending on who you ask you may get different answers on what each colour is

So you may need a colour indicator of the actual colour next to the words. But I’d not want it to be a solid block of colour as that’ll likely be a eye sore. Rather would prefer the same system on any colour cube as the map: duller colour for the middle, brighter colour as the outline.
I agreed, perhaps switching colours that are easier to distinguish:
1.) Yellow
2.) Green
3.) Orange
4.) Blue
5.) White
6.) Pink
7.) Red

Something like this would surely make it easier to distinguish between the
colours.

SilkyM00

Farmer
Facing an army that is 10 times stronger than your units is not unbalanced? Unfair?

Looking at Continent Map, would the game keep the current normal Era units? Would then attacking the Continent Map with Giants just remove the difficulty presented by the game and conquering the map be just be boring easy fights "smash them all"? No need to use strategy, no need to raise CDM, Zeus, COA to gain attacking %boost. FOE is about strategy and city development, with Giants you don't need any of these.

If the game would have Giants at the Continent Map... would that be placing a barrier to players fighting with normal units?

i think ragu slivertongue should come back as a campaign map owner.

Make GBG battles blindfolded. Myself wanted to get rid of other guild details and name. Just index them with number in the overview or listing. No icon or labels for other guilds. When season got over, every one able to see the top three guild names only. No other changes to GBG, just this change to put an end for checkers approach in the GBG sectors.
Reason? What purpose for this? To avoid guilds alliances in GBG?

This game is about strategy and city development. Making alliances is an strategy. Even in the real world nations do alliances in wars. Wars are often between this group of nations vs that other group of nations.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
This game is about strategy and city development. Making alliances is an strategy. Even in the real world nations do alliances in wars. Wars are often between this group of nations vs that other group of nations.
Lol. By making alliances, they will swap their country sectors/county/city in real world by killing the army is happening in the war. Have never heard of any war from any country does this. It will be surprisingly new war strategy to me. Luckily in the game, defending army units are handled from game mechanism of GbG, please don't compare it with real world. 10 days, if any nations did war like these, then no one will be alive from any nations.

Have never heard of any war from any country does this.
Yeah. Game similarities with RL are on selected aspects, not complete mirroring of RL. Any country would love:
  • their Defending Army units to return to their initial health or even resurrect (if killed) after each battle to be ready right away for next battle, even if that new battle is seconds after the previous one.
  • their enemy will be limited to just 8 units maximum at a battle,
  • enemy units to have the courtesy to fire/attack one at a time, and in a set order.
  • enemy units defending their cities with a dumb AI instead of lead by a experienced commander officer (even a low level Staff Sargent can be better than the AI).
  • to have Attack Helicopter able to defeat artillery units, that have several ages of advanced technology, and no matter that be unable to hit them even once. Even 1 Attack Helicopter vs 8 artillery units and win unscratched !!! Priceless.

Last edited:

punita

Squire
Ideas- 1)Display world name on browser tab (eg-Forge of Empires-Sinernia)(not sure if possible )
2)new event/daily challange quest like-1. Comeplete quest worth 100 mins(it it is player choice is he wants to do 20x5 mins or 7x15 mins etc or a combination of different mins production)
2.Loose 2 units(either loose units or battle or delete manually)
3.more quest ideas are welcome

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
Yeah. Game similarities with RL are on selected aspects, not complete mirroring of RL. Any country would love:
  • their Defending Army units to return to their initial health or even resurrect (if killed) after each battle to be ready right away for next battle, even if that new battle is seconds after the previous one.
  • their enemy will be limited to just 8 units maximum at a battle,
  • enemy units to have the courtesy to fire/attack one at a time, and in a set order.
  • enemy units defending their cities with a dumb AI instead of lead by a experienced commander officer (even a low level Staff Sargent can be better than the AI).
  • to have Attack Helicopter able to defeat artillery units, that have several ages of advanced technology, and no matter that be unable to hit them even once. Even 1 Attack Helicopter vs 8 artillery units and win unscratched !!! Priceless.
All these comments to defend which point you are making for the game. Not able to get the relevance. You are the one put the RL comparison first here. Now what you are trying to convey, myself sorry not able to understand. Are you going sarcastic for your own comment on RL. What @nice2haveu mentioned was a pretty solid input needed in the game. Fact is, players entered into battle ground, making alliance, sharing messages in threads to swap sectors all these should not be encourage in the first moment in the game itself. Now it is available and made players mouth watering on rewards from GbG.

Saying it as alliance, is not a proper one. 'Exploit' is correct term to be referred for it, which every GBG players who does knows it very well and not making any noise (including myself) due to the rewards obtained from GBG.

Exploit : make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
Strategy: a plan of action or policy designed to achieve a major or overall aim.
Alliance: a union or association formed for mutual benefit, especially between countries or organizations.

There is nothing wrong with a strategy using alliances, and nothing wrong to use your selected strategy to the fullest and derive the maximum benefit possible from it (exploit). Or you just choose a strategy and then play it non efficiently? If that is your playstyle be my guest., enjoy

Last edited: