• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Challenges await you!

HardWire

Merchant
Hey, we are forgetting to complain about all the poor souls who are in the stone age who can't do all what is being cried about plus they can't participate in events! Nobody cares about the little guy. I'm digging out my tent, driving to Germany and starting an encampment. That seems all the rage these days. Lets see...posterboard, markers, I'll print up some pamphlets, I sure hope there are bathrooms close by being that I am old with a bladder the size of a peanut. Oh, does anyone know how long it takes to drive from Colorado to Germany? I'll post details later for those who want to take part. Oh! T-shirts! Gotta have those. And I got a bunch of MAGA hats, I can color out the "A" and write in FOE at a slant so it will fit.

CrashBoom

Legend
has someone already finished it and counted the required amount of GE fights & negotiations ?

I am at quest 22 and with that it are already 52

for me it looks like this will be the first rival which requires more than 64

CDmark

Baronet
has someone already finished it and counted the required amount of GE fights & negotiations ?

I am at quest 22 and with that it are already 52

for me it looks like this will be the first rival which requires more than 64
I am doing it step by step and Q26, the 8 GE fights will need the first 8 encounters in GE5. So yes, it is requiring doing, so far, the first 8 of GE 5 to complete. I will update as I go.

CrashBoom

Legend
Adjustments have been made to the balancing of quests and rewards, especially concerning Rival Challenges, to accommodate for these changes.
I thought that would mean less GE related tasks (and sure many others too)

and not: remove auto-complete for level 4 and increase the amount to do the full 5 levels even if you do only what is asked for

o_O

CDmark

Baronet
This is ridiculous... The Rival who appeared today had lots of guests that required either fighting or negotiating on GE.
After doing all these I'm in the end of the whole thing. (Level 5 completely done) And then the task 28 gives me 8 attempts of GE... for what???

Besides, there is one typo: The task requires 4 negotiations but the text says 6.
did you fight the last 8 and then everything auto completes...just double checking or anyone else that has finished all GE.
Above I posted Q27, and I have done each quest, step by step, not skipping or making a mistake (like do a battle instead of nego). And you posted Q28 and I assume it autocompleted.

CDmark

Baronet
in other words

there is no reason to negotiate at all
because after 80 all GE tasks will again be auto-completed

disappointing
I guess so. I am wondering if "adjustments" applies to autocomplete. So, based on Estrids comment, Q28 has 4 more GE to do with none left, it wasn't mentioned if it auto completed. I will guess yes and just finish GE5 with battles. I figure someone would have said something by now.

e2m2

Squire
I thought that would mean less GE related tasks (and sure many others too)
Well, this is a GE-specific Rival, as per the announcement, so it would be unreasonable to ask for "less" GE related tasks, I think. :)

But, I, too, am curious what those balancing adjustments were.

hades8840

Marquis
did you fight the last 8 and then everything auto completes...just double checking or anyone else that has finished all GE.
Above I posted Q27, and I have done each quest, step by step, not skipping or making a mistake (like do a battle instead of nego). And you posted Q28 and I assume it autocompleted.
I didnt do negs for most of it I just did the whole GE and they all auto completed where it was a ge related task is a lot of kills to do without dying

CrashBoom

Legend
Well, this is a GE-specific Rival, as per the announcement, so it would be unreasonable to ask for "less" GE related tasks, I think. :)

But, I, too, am curious what those balancing adjustments were.
I searched the first GE rival

it had 68 GE tasks (but auto completed after 64 so nobody had to do the last 4)
(and I was wrong in previous posting when I said no rival had more than 64 GE tasks)

so same rival rewards
more difficult quest.

that is not what people expected.
but now we know that negotiating doesn't bring an advantage.
so we can just fight the whole GE in the time the rival is running

CDmark

Baronet
Q28 the prize is 8 GE attempts but you have to be done with all 80 so it isn't really a prize at all. you could give this prize earlier, Q27 has a reno kit. so, make Q27 prize 8 attempts and Q28 prize a reno kit. For those that do every quest as written (no auto complete), getting 8 attempts for Q27 is very helpful as a prize, you could actually complete GE with no additional medal cost. I know medals may not be a concern for some but it just makes sense Q27 prize CAN help Q28 quest.

rivals q28 prize 8 attempts.jpg

CDmark

Baronet
Q28 10 - 4 hr productions, I also set the rest of my blacksmiths to 8hr cycles, 20 of them, just thinking maybe we will have another 8 hr production quest. So, I am looking at the timers, looking at my rush supplies inventories, those 30 min rushes won the battle (my orreys will make them too). next quest was 15 battles, easy with PvP at 15. found another EMA bonus, you just destroy the IA battles. Then the next quest Q30, the PAYOFF, 8 hr productions...this one I will wait the 4 hours and report back.

rivals q30 8 hr productions.jpg

Atosha

Merchant
Q28 the prize is 8 GE attempts but you have to be done with all 80 so it isn't really a prize at all. you could give this prize earlier, Q27 has a reno kit. so, make Q27 prize 8 attempts and Q28 prize a reno kit. For those that do every quest as written (no auto complete), getting 8 attempts for Q27 is very helpful as a prize, you could actually complete GE with no additional medal cost. I know medals may not be a concern for some but it just makes sense Q27 prize CAN help Q28 quest.
Rewards are 100% copy paste of 1st rival, guess Inno didn't even check how many encounters were requested at that point (Quest 28) and that this reward was then absolutely useless

If you don't start it before your daily collection, you're totally f*cked by the quests.

1. Solve 2 GE Encounters by fighting.
2. Solve 2 GE Encounters by negotiation AND Throw away your FP daily collection to Buy 5 Forge Points.
3. Recruit 5 units from your age after you have collected your Alcatraz and have no other way of getting units because GBG is paused.
4. No clue, as I cannot complete #3.

If you don't start it before your daily collection, you're totally f*cked by the quests.

2. Solve 2 GE Encounters by negotiation AND Throw away your FP daily collection to Buy 5 Forge Points.
3. Recruit 5 units from your age after you have collected your Alcatraz and have no other way of getting units because GBG is paused.
Use a Finish Special Production on a building that produces units (e.g. Celestial Golden Orrery, Etherial Airship, Majestic Winter Wonderland, etc.) or use a "Units" item in inventory.

1714514790366.png

CDmark

Baronet

These consumables work. I tend to forget them at times for recruit

rivals unita consumable.jpg

in other words

there is no reason to negotiate at all
because after 80 all GE tasks will again be auto-completed

disappointing
There is a very important reason to do the required negotiation: extra attempt as reward.
If you do the negotiation required (exception any quest that make you complete platform 80, because you get the same effect by fighting), you get the extra attempts required to complete GE5 in 48 hours without requiring your medal cost to become unreasonable.

My main issue is already in Q2: buy 5 fp.
I'm starting to get picky on when I'm willing to buy any fp since Inno cannot use moderation.
The prize should be worth it.

In my developed cities I can complete GE5, no need for this Rival reward. I'll pass. They are nice reward but not worth the permanent increase in fp coin cost.
In my city where GE5 is never open by my guild, I'll pass. The Forgotten Temple is nice, but since it's a one off it's not really useful. I would like to have it, but again the permanent increase in fp coin cost is not worth it.
In my newest city where I can finally finish GE5, I'll do it probably. Because if I ever miss a GE cycle having one extra forgotten temple will actually be useful. Also in that city I don't yet have any QI bonus from cultural settlement (for one more week at least), so the 50% overall bonus is very useful.

I expect that very new city cannot complete Rival so this is actually useful for only a small window in city development.

I would like to see a full list of all the quests, But I'm not going to use my beta city to get it. Sorry Inno, you caused this with buy 40 fp quest in History's Rival!

CDmark

Baronet
There is a very important reason to do the required negotiation: extra attempt as reward.
If you do the negotiation required (exception any quest that make you complete platform 80, because you get the same effect by fighting), you get the extra attempts required to complete GE5 in 48 hours without requiring your medal cost to become unreasonable.

My main issue is already in Q2: buy 5 fp.
I'm starting to get picky on when I'm willing to buy any fp since Inno cannot use moderation.
The prize should be worth it.

In my developed cities I can complete GE5, no need for this Rival reward. I'll pass. They are nice reward but not worth the permanent increase in fp coin cost.
In my city where GE5 is never open by my guild, I'll pass. The Forgotten Temple is nice, but since it's a one off it's not really useful. I would like to have it, but again the permanent increase in fp coin cost is not worth it.
In my newest city where I can finally finish GE5, I'll do it probably. Because if I ever miss a GE cycle having one extra forgotten temple will actually be useful. Also in that city I don't yet have any QI bonus from cultural settlement (for one more week at least), so the 50% overall bonus is very useful.

I expect that very new city cannot complete Rival so this is actually useful for only a small window in city development.

I would like to see a full list of all the quests, But I'm not going to use my beta city to get it. Sorry Inno, you caused this with buy 40 fp quest in History's Rival!
I remember buy 5, 10 and 30. I have had had similar thoughts about the continued completion of the "buy FP" quest.