• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

New Balance to Daily Quests.

DeletedUser9410

The point is you're going to keep playing the game and doing DCs when they suit you. So the expectation value of the choice of that chest becomes relevant over time. Sometimes you get 100. Sometimes you get 5. On average you get a bit over 30.

Yes thanks to your and Emberguard's explanations i see now that i was looking at it over a short term, specifically 1 individual quest, and not as an average of a number of them.

Thank you very much, i appreciate the help.:)

Emberguard

Emperor
Yeah there is room for a little bit of re-balancing although it does depend largely on the players age as to how much the re-balance will effect the player. Goods prior to Colonial aren't worth the same as goods from Colonial up due to the way they're utilised - although with events being more and more numerous that may not mean as much anymore

While I doubt we'll see any further major changes in regards to DC it is definitely something they've taken feedback on board for. When it was first introduced failing to complete a chest used to reduce the counter towards the challengers chest. It was because of player feedback that was changed so there's no penalty. DC quests for the continent map were also changed due to player feedback. It used to have scouting. But as it'd be impossible for players to complete within the 24 hrs once you get a certain distance into the game that was removed along with all map quests whenever there is no sectors available to take on the map.

DeletedUser

Look at it this way too.

If DC have a change and u get all the good stuff u like.... where would u place it? ;-)
FP can always be used, but there would be a limit to how many good buildings u can use, so if DC got better rewards or a better chance of getting good stuff, then after some time u will only fill your stock.

And for the FP part, if u get more FP out of DC every one else will too, and you gain nothing compared to others that do DC in the way of FP.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I am with CJS on this one. No way would I be ecstatic in doing a quest and winding up with a "dinky" prize in the end. Most of the DQ would have something to raise the hype in getting it done all to be given with the lowest prize each time it is completed. I, too, have no difficulty in completing such quests, but only if Inno throws in a nice mix (or incentive) of the bigger prizes (won when completed) every once in a while. Too many days and times of receiving "dinky" prizes and I lose interest really quick that I just skip it because I know (my logic) I will get another "dinky" prize if I do the quest.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I also once thought about putting the different possible chests in "value" categories and the difficulty of the given tasks (or the number of tasks) could be dependent on the "value" of the chest. The player therefore could choose a "low value" chest in order to get an "easy" DC or a "high value" if he is ready to face a more difficult DC. To make that concept workable though, the chests would probably have to get redesigned/repopulated completely fresh so they would always give a "good" prize for a "good" chest and a minor prize for a "low value" chest.

Main problems with that is, that every player has different priorities and therefore a worthless chest to one would be a worthwhile chest to someone else.
Also, the difficulty of the tasks is not equal for every player. For one player a specific task is easy as pie while for another player it is not doable at all.