• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Duplicate: Memory leak / sound fails after several consecutive GvG battles

Andi47

Overlord
  • World: zz1
  • Browser and Version: 1.37.26759 (09.10.2014 11:22), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 15,0,0,152, Windows 7, Firefox/32.0, 1920x917, DirectX9 (336 MB VRAM)
  • Overview of the bug: When doing consecutive battles in GvG, memory usage of the flash player continuously increases (aka. memory leak). When I do "enough" battles, finally the output of sound fails, i.e. clicking buttons, moving units or hitting/shooting an enemy unit (and whatever other action) does not produce sound at all.
  • Screenshots: n/a
  • How often this occurs: every time
  • Urgency: it's about time to do something about these memory leaks
  • Preventative Actions: a relog resolves the issue - for a while.
  • Summary:
    How to reproduce
    1.) be member of a guild an have *lots* of units (no matter what era). Make sure that sound set to "ON"
    2.) do a relog if you want, just to ensure reproducible conditions and open the windows task manager. Read the memory usage of the adobe flash player
    3.) to to the GvG map, place a siege army and do many consecutive battles (finish the battles by hand or automatically, win or lose, or click the surrender button, whatever, it makes no difference for the bug/memory leak
    4.) watch the memory use of the adobe flash player while doing 3.)
    Expected result: Memory use should stay more or less the same (or fluctuate somewhat, but show no overall increase)
    Observed result: Memory use is increasing, after a certain number of battles (maybe 20 or 30 or even 50, so try to conquer a sector which has 8 defensive armies) there is no more sound generated, no matter what you do. After an even larger number of battles the game might crash.

Note: I observe this behaviour since very long time, and I thought it has been reported somewhere several months ago, but I did not find this early report.

Note2: It makes no difference whether city animations or hardware acceleration are switched to ON or OFF (this behavior was observable even before release of Hardware acceleration)
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: yes, nothing found
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: a relog resolves this - for a while. So you have to relog quite a number times when fighting in GvG.

Andi47

Overlord
Strange that the search function did not show this thread when I posted the new one (see byeordie's link) - maybe I mistyped the search words....

The issue is still occuring.
@Amy Steele: Try 25 or 30 consecutive battles in GvG (makes no difference if you really fight them or click the surrender button), not just 2 or 3.... ;)