• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: Memory leak-o-rama

Tanmay11

Regent
lucky to be able to do 20 fights without a refresh lol...mostly i have to refresh every 15 fights and the screen just freezes.:confused::confused::confused:

NorMags

Baronet
Yes, i think Zarok Dai must have some magical mega supercomputer where nothing goes wrong if he doesn't experienses the same kind of problems the rest of us do....or he could be lying....

DeletedUser

I am not lying, and I'm not a 'he' ;)
Believe me I would love nothing more than to get this resolved.
I have been tracking this when I have time on 3 different systems. It is definitely system specific as the results I get are all unique to the system I am using at the time. It is obvious there is, and has been, memory handling issues. Unfortunately all we can do is report our observations, and the feedback all of you provide. How this is then handled as far as further testing, and what solutions the devs may come up with for it I can't say. But I don't give up easy.
Thanks for the continued information all.

DeletedUser

Maybe it should be mentioned, that the leak could be a Shockwave Flash problem. Then all InnoGames can do is to report the problem to Adobe.

NorMags

Baronet
It's now unplayable unless you have the newest and best gaming rig and fiber connection. People on Norwegian server are becoming pretty pissed off....

NorMags

Baronet
In Future Era i sat 8 minutes!!! waiting for units to load, then the siege army was beaten and it forced a refresh...

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
I do not know if it is related
But the servers's played 40 days ago I deleted all my friends (141) because I had a personal problem
and I can not be correct in aid
I did not want to bind the bar of their friends
I played a little
But I had no problem with battles on the map as old
7 days ago I returned normally
Now I have old friends (82) But again there is the problem with battles
I believe that friends with someone mechanism ( ? ) contribute to the problem
** sorry for the English is by automatic translation

DeletedUser

That's an interesting observation, thank you for posting it.

Andi47

Overlord
*BUMP*

This long-standing bug-o-rama (presumably several memory leaks, overflowing cache and video-memory-leaks) affects playability of FoE and causes lots of user pain (see also lots of complains about poor performance and memory leaks in various language forums)

Andi47

Overlord
bump.... Bump... BUMP! *!!!BUMP!!!*

Is it so hard to report and fix those memory leaks? It is 13 months now since I reported this, and it still says "investigating"??

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
I have finally concluded that the problem will not be solved
The basic problem that causes not related to the design of the game
not depends on the programmers
the problem is the additives that use ... secretly
some player's
and surely do so with purpose to create problem other players
and this creates overloading other players
The solution is
'or
lie the extra programs and they put them be run for all
'or
exists be minimum time period of battle
example
the each battle to abstain from the next .. 3 '

Last edited:

NorMags

Baronet
I have finally concluded that the problem will not be solved
The basic problem that causes not related to the design of the game
not depends on the programmers
the problem is the additives that use ... secretly
some player's
and surely do so with purpose to create problem other players
and this creates overloading other players
The solution is
'or
lie the extra programs and they put them be run for all
'or
exists be minimum time period of battle
example
the each battle to abstain from the next .. 3 '

Google translate sucks...:D

DeletedUser4282

Feel sorry for players having memory problems!
Have any of you tried to shut down all background
software like Virus and Microsoft crap? But then
you're all experienced Internet/computer user!
Or are you? :D

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
Yes you are right !!!!!
the players
whoever in 1 second at the same time
overcoming
a siege -10 battles
they release the sector
they put siege in the sector - acceptance of payment of materials
and him conquer - 10 battles
it is simply souperman
and they do not have relation with the blocking of game ( memory leak-o-rama )
their opponents
for this persons in charge it is
the programmers of game , the computers , the lines internet , ... the weather ... the sea and the air?

Last edited:

Andi47

Overlord
Feel sorry for players having memory problems!
Have any of you tried to shut down all background
software like Virus and Microsoft crap? But then
you're all experienced Internet/computer user!
Or are you? :D

Switching off the antimalware programmes (how should I, when I keep getting cross-scripting alerts on .de, and moderators over there ignore the issue - that's not trustworthy!!!) would buy me a few minutes gaming time. The issue is not about the memory useage when starting the game. The game is overstuffing the memory with time, and seemingly never purging unused memory blocks, even when the computer has 8 GB or more memory installed - that's what is called a memory leak (or dozens of those, therefore the thread title with "-o-rama").

Andi47

Overlord
BUMP

With Opera and Microsoft EDGE this Memory-Leak-misery is even worse than with Firefox

1.79.d2e4f6b (10.06.2016 8:35), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 21,0,0,242, Windows 10, Opera 38.0.2220.29, 1920x942, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
For GvG at least this is expressed by many players and while improvements have been made there still appears to be an issue. So as a separate problem that is known - but it does not mean we can mark this whole thing as a confirmed problem as none of the other actions have the same effect. In fact the topic is simply too broad to consider tackling this as a single problem. I would suggest creating new reports for separate behaviors where this can be actively reproduced. Plus many internal changes have been made through all this time so all of that past data does not properly resemble the current game state.

Memory usage can depend on many things. And it is expected for it to increase with game actions, just as it would decrease when you're not doing any actions. You're loading new data, images, sending and receiving requests between the game system and you as a client. The same would happen while using any site - though of course they're not all Flash based and include a large number of graphics/animations on all pages. If it increases with any reproducible steps, while also not decreasing over time, which seems to happen on GvG, then that would be something that can be looked into.

DeletedUser1283

Hi Darkstar,

unable to understand why no mod can every see what every player already knows so thought i would take an hour to do a decent test for you to prove if there is a memory problem.

PC: i7 3820 @ 3.60GHz
GPU: GeForce GTX680
Memory: 16.00 GB Ram
Windows 10 Pro
Test on Beta server, with animations on for my city off for others and smoke off. unattached are highlighted.
Cleared cache twice, rebooted pc and opened task manager, memory reading taken about 20 secs after action finished. Bold numbers all relate to memory use when back at city

Start firefox go to login page Flash = 132mb
Into army management and back to city Flash= 767mb
into Artic GVG and do 10 fights and back to city Flash=727mb
into PVP review page and go to artic Flash= 673mb
back to review and into PME LOCKED OUT (very common and considered almost normal today) Flash 673mb
Refresh and back to city Flash 650mb
Ten aids to guild Flash 665mb
Ten aids to friends and back to city Flash 670mb
into army management swop troops and back to city Flash 730mb
into army management again swop troops and back to city Flash 743mb
fight hood player and in fight Flash 594mb
plunder player Flash600mb
back to city Flash785mb
visit another player Flash664mb
Return to city Flash 879mb
move a few buildings in city Flash 862mb
go into guild profile Flash 887mb
Back to city Flash 889mb
into Trading Flash 917
back to city Flash 919mb
vist forum via another tab Flash 922mb
goto pvp map (FE age) Flash949mb
open province Flash 962mb
doing 1 fight Flash 1087mb
win fight and at results Flash 1129mb
back to city Flash 1050
into PVP do fight Flash 1167mb
at results screen Flash 1188mb
back to city Flash 1129mb
into PVP do fight Flash 1120mb
at results screen Flash 1140mb
back to city Flash 1152mb
did 2 mails and back to city Flash 1271mb
into PVP do fight Flash 1340mb
back to city Flash 1301mb
into pvp battle Flash 1392mb
back to city Flash 1361mb

So flash use of memory is always going up, I agree that they is a reduction in memory from fighting in PVP to when you return to your city but its never as low as when you started the fight, basically memory use is always going up and only a clean cache can reduce it or a refresh. Refreshing at this point the memory use came down to 761mb for flash.

So i would say everything players have been saying here is correct and there is a big issue with memory leakage. hope this helps everyone.