• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected market overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrashBoom

Legend
Reason
to improve the market --> less offers because players would put in bigger trades but not so many.
and more flexibility for the buyer: he can buy the amount he wants
Details
in the window that opens after you click the buy button the player can put in the amount of goods he wants to buy. default: the full trade
Balance
to balance with current trade cost (FP) the 1000 max trade could still be there
Abuse Prevention
the prevent the seller to pay less always round up.
if trades above 1000 goods should be not possible then the max you can buy would still be set to 1000
Summary
accepting part of a trade and not the full trade
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
yes
currently a seller makes many trades for the amount he thinks are useful. (for example selling 10 times 500)

but the buyer most often doesn't need exactly 500. maybe he needs only 250 and doesn't have enough goods to pay for 500.
then he can't accpet the trade. or he needs 2500. then he has to accept 5 trades

so when the trade window opens where the player finally accept the trade he could set the amount he wants to buy
(just a try for a picture: what good you receive should be still visible not only the good you give. and the ratio could also be displayed somewhere)
trade.jpg

depending on the amount I enter to buy the game then calculates how much I have to give
but not all trades are 1:1: so the game has to round the result.
so the game would always round up and you would have to pay the higher price
for example someone is selling 10 goods for 14. I would buy 1 then the prize would be 1.4 but I must pay 2 or else the buyer would get less at the end (buy 10 times 1 = 10 but he wanted 14). the seller could get more goods at the end with. that is good for him. the buyer could adjust the amount he is buying for a better rounding (5 for 7 in this case would be best for him in this case)

and with implementing this way to trade I also would remove the 1000 goods limit when creating offers:
so if I want to sell 50k I would make one BIG 50k offer and not 50 offers with 1k each and the buyer still could only buy 50 goods from it
maybe to balance it with the 1 FP trading cost the buyer could still be limited to buying a maximum of 1000 goods (and can't enter a higher amount)
so if he is buying 10k goods he would still have to pay 10 FP (neighbor, friend)

but the trade limits of 1:2 or 2:1 won't be changed (so a player can't offer 1k for 10k goods)

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm not sure because in the first section you said to yes deleting the market limit but in the balance you say it should stay in place. It's not fair for every player if a few players broke the rules even if it costs more FP. And with space ages each tech costs more than 1000 goods and the SAT GB costs tens of thousands of goods, it's complete bs that the game limits to 1000 goods per trade.

And yes mobile can get on to 2000 but some of us arn't on mobile and also 2k still aint enough. :unhappy:

CrashBoom

Legend
yes deleting the market limit
the market limit for creating an offer

but in the balance you say it should stay in place
the limit for accepting trades

so I create a 50k trade offer but with one trade you could only accept 1k
(the game would set those 1000 automatically on that page)

but that was for balancing reason to the current cost of 1 FP per trade
I would remove the accepting limiting too but that would change the FP trading costs

or you could accept the amount you want but for each started 1000 goods you have to pay 1 FP
so if you would by 4500 goods you would have to pay 5 FP instead of 1

because my idea is to make selling many goods easier.
the market would not be so overfilled with many trades(one 50k trade is better than 5 sides with 1k trades)
and accepting the amount you want would also help the players
not making trading costs (FP) cheaper

so I create a 50k trade offer but with one trade you could only accept 1k
(the game would set those 1000 automatically on that page)
That sounds like a different system though maybe. Like the user "puts up" 50k goods on the market but people only take bits an pieces of it. I don't think it will truly get rid of bulk trades because people are still going to put up 500/1k goods in bulk just because it's a bite-size piece people will take. They should at least stack the same trades into one slot like they do in the message system though.

Arya66

Squire
You can message the sender with a different offer. What if I NEED the 100 goods, but someone only takes 50?

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately since this idea did not get the required amount of support, I cannot forward it.

Status
Not open for further replies.