• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Mail

• Thread starter Deleted member 10810
  • Start date

DeletedUser

• Browser and Version: Crome and latest version
  • Overview of the bug: New Mail no longer blinks on the message center icon , this is on PC and I do not know whether it is on mobile.On the live servers it still works.
  • Screenshots: N/A
  • How often this occurs: Since today's update
  • Urgency: High as you can not see new mail and I relie on it .
  • Preventative Actions: Reload of game
  • Summary: New messages do not blink

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9570

The bug still has not been solved. I've still got this very problem.

By the way, I understand that the Bug Hunter's Bounty is only valid for bugs reported here in the forum, accordiung to the rules. The rules don't mention bugs reported via a ticket. So Seeker Dave should receive the diamonds.

Pafton

Viceroy
By the way, I understand that the Bug Hunter's Bounty is only valid for bugs reported here in the forum, accordiung to the rules. The rules don't mention bugs reported via a ticket. So Seeker Dave should receive the diamonds.
It applies to both bugs reported via the forums and ticket system. Of course, forum reports are more likely to follow the proper format and consequentially be rewarded more diamonds.

Andi47

Overlord
Urgency: Please hotfix! As guild chat does not apply on mobile devices, Guild Battlegrounds directives are given via message system, and when this doesn't work, most players don't see urgent guild messages in time!!

podkap1970

Emperor
Monday is holiday, so you can't fix this in a week?, this is little sad :)

and what me really worries, as longer it takes, as higher the chance, this bug will make it to one of the live patches
@Inno: you have wrong priorities, not sure if you have even a priority list

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
It has been reported, I appreciate it's inconvenient, but we don't require any more information for the Development Team.

DeletedUser8262

Many thanks for the mail bug on the live server .. not. There really isn't any point in reporting bugs any more in here so i'll vote with my feet and dump beta

DeletedUser7059

This is off-topic to this week's daily changelog on beta, please keep feedback in this thread to this week's changelog on Beta.
I´m sorry, but i don´t find any ACTIVE thread for this bug and i don´t want to start a duplicite one to those closed.
And as this very critical bug hit live servers, there should be active thread for this. At least to let know players from live servers that this is indeed what IG team solving right now.
this critical Mail bug did go to the live servers
you guys are ....
Agree

Andi47

Overlord
I reported the bug on .de a few minutes after it went life - and got an answer from the .de mods, asking whether I am aware that it is already known.

Yes, *I* am am aware. But are the developers aware?¿?¿?

Edit: The bug has been reported SIXTEEN(!) days ago with HIGH(!!) priority. Did the bug-report really arrive at the developers??

Last edited:

Andi47

Overlord
In an ideal world, no bugs would make it to live. But sometimes a new bug is a result of essential changes being made and that update needs to go ahead. I understand that you are frustrated, but the Community does a great job at reporting bugs and we do a great job of reporting those to prevent them from making it to the Live Servers.

This is off-topic to this week's daily changelog on beta, please keep feedback in this thread to this week's changelog on Beta.

EDIT I have reopened the bug report thread should players need to vent although I can assure you the Development Team are aware of the urgency. The thread can be found here.

Is it REALLY off-topic in the "daily changelog feedback" thread when people are complaining that a bug that has been reported SIXTEEN days ago with HIGH priority is STILL NOT FIXED with the daily update???

Artubar

Baronet
.... that's something I don't get, and it happens over and over again.
A bug is being introduced. That happens.
The bug gets reported.
The doesn't get forwarded to the developers within 24 hours - that's ok, this game is no critical part of our lives.
The bug doesn't get fixed within the next 24 hours - that's ok, too, the game is still playable.

But: Why don't you simply withdraw the conflicting commit (I sincerely hope you use some kind of version control software) until someone finds the time to fix the buggy code?
Especially when it's something that doesn't conflict with anything else.
Message notification over web socket doesn't work yet? Send the old style notifications and keep the listener until the new one works. That's code which doesn't affect other parts of the game, it's like having two letter boxes for a couple living together, and once they get married and share the same name, they can dismount the one bearing the other name ;)

And why, for heaven's sake, do you have to roll out the bug to the live servers more than two weeks after the report?
What's going wrong here? Can you give an explanation which isn't a malfunctioning reporting chain, incapacity or ignorance?

Can you give an explanation which isn't a malfunctioning reporting chain, incapacity or ignorance?
In the spoiler section are images for a new message center. Also, in the latest newsletter they stated they are working on a new message center.
I assume the bug relates to that and a possible fix would have been way more time consuming and crashing the sprints.

It's not like this is a critical bug, tbh. We can still play the game with a minor (from my view) inconvenience. So what. Just click on the button now and then and go on.
If you really relied on the message center as it was/is, you've been lost anyways.
That's why we completely moved to Discord.

DeletedUser9570

It has been reported, I appreciate it's inconvenient, but we don't require any more information for the Development Team.

This is beside the point. The information is that the bug still was not repaired. And now it found its way to the live servers - that's VERY bad. Instead of closing the thread it would have been more appropriate to remind the developers that the bug was still extant.

Last edited by a moderator: