• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Jumpin Pumpkins aid priority is incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeniePower

Merchant
Troubleshooting
no, since it's not a local problem but something that occurs server side
When people use aid to polish or motivate buildings in my city, the jumpin pumpkin gets motivated before a slew of other buildings that give additional resources when motivated (e.g. Royal Bathhouse, Knights Pavilion, Viceroy Villas). Since the Jumpin Pumpkin does not give special productions when motivated, it should be lower in the priorities than these buildings.

Browser or App version and version number
1.269.56ce07192d (08.11.2023 10:55),
Windows 10,
Chrome/119.0.0.0, 1920x931, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium)
Recreation steps
People use aid on my city
Actual Behavior
pumpkins get motivated before buildings that give special productions
Expected Behavior
buildings with special productions when motivated are motivated before the pumpkins
Frequency
always when people aid
Can this be reproduced?
yes

GeniePower

Merchant
A similar conversation is ongoing in the US Forum. Do you know if there is anything official that describes how the Mo/Po priorities are determined? I've searched the US, EN, and Beta Forums but can't find anything.
Only something very old, and I don't remember it exactly, but it was said that buildings that produce something only when motivated are always 1st priority. That's why I considered this a bug. I have seen the convo on US forum also and priority within the buildings that produce something extra when motivated is another topic since almost every new building now does that.

Only something very old, and I don't remember it exactly, but it was said that buildings that produce something only when motivated are always 1st priority. That's why I considered this a bug. I have seen the convo on US forum also and priority within the buildings that produce something extra when motivated is another topic since almost every new building now does that.
The reason that I asked the CM is because I cannot locate any announcement from an INNO representative regarding this subject. All of the "rules" that have been discussed seem to be anecdotal and based only on player observations. Perhaps there are rules, perhaps the priority is just arbitrary. It would be nice to know for sure and that requires input from the Devs.

CrashBoom

Legend
Perhaps there are rules
you mean like
guild goods (Feta Farm) are more important than 20 fragments from Trailside Smithey o_O

can't be the goods from the Feta Farm to rank it higher. because years ago just goods were below FP (and Feta Farm FP doesn't need motivation)

and the good old rule: only doubling supplies in production buildings doesn't have any priority and are the end
is obviously not valid anymore Jumpin Pumpkins

This is not a bug
so you are saying: Inno developers want that doubling normal supplies in a production building is now high in priority list :rolleyes:

Last edited:
you mean like
guild goods (Feta Farm) are more important than 20 fragments from Trailside Smithey o_O

can't be the goods from the Feta Farm to rank it higher. because years ago just goods were below FP (and Feta Farm FP doesn't need motivation)

and the good old rule: only doubling supplies in production buildings doesn't have any priority and are the end
is obviously not valid anymore Jumpin Pumpkins
No, I don't mean that. What I meant is that, to the best of my knowledge, there has been no official announcement regarding the mechanism by which motivation priorities are set. All that we have to go by is the end result. We can observe the order by which buildings get motivated/polished but we do not know how this order was determined. It's a black box. You can argue that Trailside Smithys should have priority over Feta Farms (and I would agree with you) but that is just your opinion.

The new buildings are prioritised just by its level. So trailside smithy and most of the other golden ligue buildings are the lowest priority, same as stormspire level 1, pumpkin, cider garden, jesters stage, hidden goods etc. while the main princes are ranked very high. The highest is tarod caravans level 12, as it the highest level building of the new type.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
No, I don't mean that. What I meant is that, to the best of my knowledge, there has been no official announcement regarding the mechanism by which motivation priorities are set.
Interesting. The German official wiki offers a detailed explanation, but the others do not.

Here is the list:
  1. Forge Points, starting with buildings that produce the most
  2. Goods
  3. Units
  4. Medals
  5. BP
  6. Guild Power
  7. If none of the above buildings are left, a random building of the current era is motivated or polished

However, this list is only valid for the old building types. The new building types do not follow this order.

Feedback on changing the order etc. has been passed along since the new buildings have been added.

The new buildings are prioritised just by its level. So trailside smithy and most of the other golden ligue buildings are the lowest priority, same as stormspire level 1, pumpkin, cider garden, jesters stage, hidden goods etc. while the main princes are ranked very high. The highest is tarod caravans level 12, as it the highest level building of the new type.
Sorry but this is an example of why it would be informative if the Devs would chime in. While part of the mechanism may include the building's level there is something else at work. The Tarot Caravans is indeed first but the Viceroy Villa (L10) falls behind the Trading Post (L9) as well as the Sparkforges.

Edit: I was typing this and did not see that @Fire Witch had already replied. Thanks!

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Interesting. The German official wiki offers a detailed explanation, but the others do not.

Here is the list:
  1. Forge Points, starting with buildings that produce the most
  2. Goods
  3. Units
  4. Medals
  5. BP
  6. Guild Power
  7. If none of the above buildings are left, a random building of the current era is motivated or polished

However, this list is only valid for the old building types. The new building types do not follow this order.

Feedback on changing the order etc. has been passed along since the new buildings have been added.
Wouldn't it be more efficient to update the list upon introduction of any new buildings? So, it's periodically just a few buildings. Rather than an massive collection of buildings. Also taking frag. into account. Putting fragments for example at nr1 priority spot and pushing everything else down by 1?

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
I think this whole motivation problem became a thing after the game was flooded with small 1x1 buildings like the Trees from the Archdruid hut and the Stormspire, all of which raise the total number of objects in the city, so that even if you have 140 acrive friends, 80 nice guildmates and a helpful neighborhood (quite rare), you'll still be short of aids. They also get aided because they are newer, while frequently older buildings are left out, for example in my city these need to be self-polished: Olympic Treasury, Fiore Village, House of the Wolf, Eagle Mountain, all Cultural settlements buildings, even the Viceroy Villa (because it's considered the same as Governor's Villa?); but in other cases, like the Winners' Plaza (which is definitely not a new building), the polishing happens even though for the players it's kind of useless as it only gives more happiness :(
So I agree that the whole automatic po/mo feature should be adjusted.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Wouldn't it be more efficient to update the list upon introduction of any new buildings? So, it's periodically just a few buildings. Rather than an massive collection of buildings. Also taking frag. into account. Putting fragments for example at nr1 priority spot and pushing everything else down by 1?
The old structure is a logic that does not depend on a building list.
The old buildings do not have fragments, therefore they are not included in the priority list I posted.

In my opinion a list of all building would not make much sense in the long run, because there are so many buildings and players only have a fraction of the available buildings in their cities.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
@Fire Witch ye automated priority would make sense. I just wonder if fragments could be taken into account. With an higher priority compared to other resources. With the tie breaker quantities.

I think this whole motivation problem became a thing after the game was flooded with small 1x1 buildings like the Trees from the Archdruid hut and the Stormspire, all of which raise the total number of objects in the city, so that even if you have 140 acrive friends, 80 nice guildmates and a helpful neighborhood (quite rare), you'll still be short of aids. They also get aided because they are newer, while frequently older buildings are left out, for example in my city these need to be self-polished: Olympic Treasury, Fiore Village, House of the Wolf, Eagle Mountain, all Cultural settlements buildings, even the Viceroy Villa (because it's considered the same as Governor's Villa?); but in other cases, like the Winners' Plaza (which is definitely not a new building), the polishing happens even though for the players it's kind of useless as it only gives more happiness :(
So I agree that the whole automatic po/mo feature should be adjusted.
The game has 1x1 buildings going back the the Stone Age. The difference, now, is that these new 1x1s provide more than just happiness. Except to complete a quest, few of us built any decorations mainly because we realized that they took aids away from other buildings. The new 1x1s provide goodies and players now have to make a decision. Are the goodies worth sacrificing aids? It's about making a tradeoff. Personally, I'm okay with that. To a large extent, FoE is about making tradeoffs. I don't think that INNO should change that.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
The game has 1x1 buildings going back the the Stone Age. The difference, now, is that these new 1x1s provide more than just happiness. Except to complete a quest, few of us built any decorations mainly because we realized that they took aids away from other buildings. The new 1x1s provide goodies and players now have to make a decision. Are the goodies worth sacrificing aids? It's about making a tradeoff. Personally, I'm okay with that. To a large extent, FoE is about making tradeoffs. I don't think that INNO should change that.

What you say makes sense. Maybe it would just be enough to make this automatic aid feature more transparent and let players know how it works, so that we can arrange the cities accordingly?

What you say makes sense. Maybe it would just be enough to make this automatic aid feature more transparent and let players know how it works, so that we can arrange the cities accordingly?
I took the easy way out and built Nutcracker Guardhouses. They produce frags of the Mass Self Aid item. 15 NGs is enough to produce 1MSA daily. I collect my city then use a MSA. I don't have to worry about getting enough aiding.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
I took the easy way out and built Nutcracker Guardhouses. They produce frags of the Mass Self Aid item. 15 NGs is enough to produce 1MSA daily. I collect my city then use a MSA. I don't have to worry about getting enough aiding.
I didn't want to fill my city with Nutcrackers, the standard version is not so efficient. But at the moment it seems to be the only way.

Status
Not open for further replies.