• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Interface improvements and feature test

Ironrooster

Baronet
I don't care for the "improved" buff bar. I like to see how many I have left on my Galaxy and SC without having to stop what I am doing for another unneccessary click
I agree. Now that I have played it awhile, I don't like it.

I would like the option to turn it off or make it sticky (i.e. always there).

naitor

Farmer
I don't like the new version of the buff bar. First, because it auto collapse and the current bonuses are not visible when i want to. Second, because as it expands horizontally it covers part of the city and interferes with other windows.
Imo, it will be better if it expands vertically and gives the option to the players to collapse it if they want. More or less like it was before but with the collapse option.

The buff bar is no improvement at, quite the contrary it's extremely bad UX: now I have to click to get an overview of the limited boosts (Himeji, Kraken f.i. might influence the order of what I do first and they change while playing - now without me seeing it immediately) - particularly ugly that the top of the stack is Galata .. that's just decorative info (like in: need to check who was dumb enough to try plunder me ;)

As to the login bonus: can't see it (wrong group) but .. it's basically a bad idea (with a touch of strengthening additive tendencies in players that are already spending too much time before the screen) already proven broken - remember the daily challenges? At that time the outcry about falling back to zero was loud - without immediate effect, though: it was reverted later, presumedly because nobody cared playing them. Which might happen here again ..

joyfulrider

Squire
Slightly expecting a change in daily login bonus approach.

I would like to get the chest auto collected to inventory on login successfully
( or )
more advance auto collect like placing the chest itself in the inventory after login successfully.

First one doesn't need much work, reward bonus added to it's relevant areas. But the second approach, if chest added automatically to inventory then few more enhancements need to be taken on the chest item added. Because, chests should updated with each and every daily bonus collected and should give button option to each bonus reward with 'use' buttons similar to selection kits on opening a chest in the inventory.

I don't like the login chest popup on login. Need less pop ups in this game.
agree. you should remove that expedition button from the guild, since clicking on the ship we go to expedition and create a new tool there for precisely those things like the daily bonus, Events and other game tools that can be placed inside this new tool and put in mobile and Pc IN THE SAME TIME.

About the condensed quest icon in the app:
+ It's good that there's more space on the screen
- You need an additional click for your daily and event quests.
Those two about balance each other off, up to now it's fine for me.

- If you aren't one of the very few players that circle through the repeating quests each day you look at the daily and event quests much more often. Why not start with the daily quest as default?
--- The open and closed chest always showed me that there was a new daily quest awaiting. This information is lacking now and I really miss it. Recommendation: Show the open/closed chest when the window is closed, not the smiling face that gives us no information.

I did not see in this thread discussed at all the following change: "collection icons on buildings are now clickable which makes them easier to collect".
I would disagree with the above quote. A more accurate description would be:
"collection icons on buildings are now clickable, which makes it a lot more probable to accidentally collect what you DO NOT want".

This is an important change, much more important than this (irrelevant) condensed quest thingy.
...and a very bad idea.

mcbluefire

Baronet
I did not see in this thread discussed at all the following change: "collection icons on buildings are now clickable which makes them easier to collect".
I would disagree with the above quote. A more accurate description would be:
"collection icons on buildings are now clickable, which makes it a lot more probable to accidentally collect what you DO NOT want".

This is an important change, much more important than this (irrelevant) condensed quest thingy.
...and a very bad idea.
Agreed, its bad enough we already have buildings that can get collected when trying to collect buildings behind them just because they are taller. Now making even more of an area above a building "collectible" - good grief.

TudorRknRlla

Merchant
I don't care for the "improved" buff bar. I like to see how many I have left on my Galaxy and SC without having to stop what I am doing for another unneccessary click
I agree, I dislike it too that now I have to do 1 more extra click every time I want to see which buffs I have active, and it kinda makes no sense on the Browser version, please add an option for it in the settings, like there is the Activate/Deactivate the stacking of units in the army management.

And same goes for the Quests, I want to see all the time what Quests do I have active, without needing to do extra clicks, it makes no sense on the browser version of the game.

TudorRknRlla

Merchant
I'd argue that the milestone prizes should be turned into selection kits, with a wider variety of prizes (though not needed to be greater in quality) instead of a RNG between items you may not care about depending on your progress into the game (early game player might feel gypped for not getting a building ; late game player might feel the opposite - 28 days for AH fodder, just wants the FP)

These sorts of daily login systems in a game tend to be based around the pledge that if you make it through the whole set you're *guaranteed* something you want. Not a chance at something you want and a larger chance at something that doesn't personally appeal to you as worth maintaining your streak.
I don't have the Daily Login Bonus active yet but I agree, too much RNG in this game, GE rewards used to be too much RNG, and unfortunately still are, like the Diamond/FP RNG, which most people hate, if you nerfed the diamond income at least make it less RNG... GbG is RNG, PVP Arena is RNG, the Daily Challenge Challenger Chest is RNG... just too much RNG. (Edit: oh yeah, Event rewards are 100% RNG :D)
Harvest farm selection is garbage, I hate set buildings.
Same :D
Set buildings may be good for getting fast stats, but in the long term, normal buildings are still better, more One-Up kits is what I would like to see.

Last edited:

TudorRknRlla

Merchant
I guess I'm in the A group, this was enabled for me this morning. To be candid, I think it's extremely punitive to drop someone back to the very start of the program level (ie, 1) for a single day miss. What some other game vendors/adopters of this design do, is to drop you back a few rungs on the progress ladder, NOT drop you back to rung 1.

Please consider something like this:
  • 1 day miss: drop back 5 rungs of the 28 day ladder, and no re-accrual of prizes for 5 days
  • 2 consecutive day misses: drop back 12 rungs of the 28 day ladder, and no re-accrual of prizes for 12 days
  • 3 day (consecutive or individual count in 1 month...or more): back to 1

There are so many legitimate reasons people can't play for even a single day - due to real life.
1) PC based players that don't have mobile devices have to travel, especially across timezones that subtract time for them
2) Mobile players going to areas of the world with NO connectivity.

If you make this so punitive that no matter what the achievement obtained, you eviscerate all progress, I think it works counter-productively to you and your community members. It won't achieve the adoption levels it could. This needs a more friendly and workable reminder system.
I agree with this too, progress should reset only if you don't log in for like 3 days or more, if it happens that you miss just one day it shouldn't reset, it would create too much frustration if it does.

No re-accrual is counter productive to the goal. The kind of player that misses a day is the kind of player that is likely doing so regularly.

Punishing them by requiring 5-12 days of activity to get literally nothing in return isn’t going to make it worth logging in any more frequently. Especially if real life prevents them from logging in on a specific day(s) each week. Worse, if someone is consistently unable to log in for two days each week then your proposal will permanently lock them out of the feature as they will have enough activity to “retain” their spot but not enough to get past your proposed lockout timeframe

I would rather it have a 3 day grace per 28-day period, allowing the player to skip 3 days out of 28 in any way they like before it resets back to day 1
Yes

Last edited:

TudorRknRlla

Merchant
What are you complaining again ,yes of course the daily prizes are "weak" but it's a reward for login in each day, the milestonechests are reasonal prizes , what do you expect to receive for just login in each day? Every event i'm amazed how players react to the buildings or prizes on a greedy way , always we want more and more.
Progress needs to be exponential, not linear, to get a feeling of satisfaction :p