• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

How does the Ideas section work?

Solution
What is the range? If you can share this info...
It would be super nice to explain a bit in respective idea thread why "we can decide" is/was once UP once DOWN with same amount of upvotes

At least a minimum of 4 support is needed for us to consider forwarding it.

Without votes also ideas forwarded earlier!!
Is that due to covid pandemic situation?

All the ideas with 0 net support were from before the new system was implemented (August 2022). Unfortunately all preexisting polls were automatically deleted. Of course they were forwarded because they had significant community support.

How long does the voting last?
This depends. Ideas that are gaining positive traction are given at least a week. There is no...

CrashBoom

Legend

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
so +4 is obviously not +4 o_O
Obviously you need 3 upvotes :eek:

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...fragment-items-to-last-pages-inventory.16143/

Hmmm, I must be really bad at math but if an proposal with 3 upvotes gets forwarded, a proposal with 4 upvotes gets rejected and simultaneously a proposal with 4 upvotes gets rejected... something doesn't adds up. Shouldn't there be made universal guidelines? Like X upvotes needed to be forwarded, Y weeks to gather support or something after which new proposals are closed automatically?

CrashBoom

Legend
actually that one wasn't forwarded :p

it only was marked as forwarded because other ideas with same topic were already forwarded
Therefore the basic problem (too many fragments, cluttered inventory) of this suggestion has been forwarded already through other ideas and event feedback.

I'll close this thread now and treat it as forwarded.

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
It depends, we try to collect ideas monthly, but it does not always work out that regularly. If the idea has not been around for so long, we'll wait until the next month.

What do you mean exactly?

If the idea is in a certain range of upvotes we can decide if it will be forwarded or not.

the voting in the right side: +1
that was not enough

the funny thing about the voting result is:

+4 "I am happy to forward this."
submitted: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/a-change-to-the-tavern-boost.16109/

+4 "Unfortunately due to a lack of support I cannot pass this idea along."
rejected:

If the idea is in a certain range of upvotes we can decide if it will be forwarded or not.
@Fire Witch
It would be super nice to explain a bit in respective idea thread why "we can decide" is/was once UP once DOWN with same amount of upvotes.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
What shocks me most about the current system is that whoever makes a suggestion can't even vote for their suggestion and I've seen suggestions end in a tie and be denied.

Velvet Thunder

FORUM MODERATOR
Beta Moderator
It would be super nice to explain a bit in respective idea thread why "we can decide" is/was once UP once DOWN with same amount of upvotes

At least a minimum of 4 support is needed for us to consider forwarding it.

All the ideas with 0 net support were from before the new system was implemented (August 2022). Unfortunately all preexisting polls were automatically deleted. Of course they were forwarded because they had significant community support.

This depends. Ideas that are gaining positive traction are given at least a week. There is no upper limit as it depends on when we clear the backlog which ideally should be monthly but doesn't always end up being so. Note that when processing these we also close suggestions which are DNS, or gaining negative support at one go.

the funny thing about the voting result is:

+4 "I am happy to forward this."
submitted: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/a-change-to-the-tavern-boost.16109/

+4 "Unfortunately due to a lack of support I cannot pass this idea along."
rejected:

See, as mentioned earlier at least 4 support is required. But in some cases we have to exercise our own judgement and consider factors like how long the idea has been open for, comments and reactions on the thread etc. Everything is not always about the numbers. Anyways that mute idea was already suggested from another market in July 2021.

Solution

Arkantos

Farmer
Tell me, how likely is it that any idea will be implemented to solve the problem with the sliding timer? Several solutions to this problem were suggested in my topic. I have been following the Russian-language forum foe for a long time. I don't know about here, but we constantly see topics requesting a solution to this problem. Usually, the admins reject them, but the idea I mentioned here was "Forwarded" by our admins and it received 69 votes in support.

https://forum.ru.forgeofempires.com...avit-eschjo-odin-bonus-v-sistemu-zamka.15681/

And even judging by the comments in my topic, many people don't like this sliding timer. It's just that my own idea was not well-received.

I'm just trying to understand if it's worth my time and effort to try to convey the message that the sliding timer is a serious problem.

Translation done with ChatGPT. I apologize if there are any errors in spelling or grammar.

joyfulrider

Squire
voting is flawed, why because showing negative vote values.
if 2 supports and 2 denies, count is zero.
if 6 supports and 3 denies, count is positive three.
if 5 support and 8 denies, count is negative three.

I want the presidential election vote to be performed like this.