• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: Hourly FP not awarded when Tavern FP awarded

• Thread starter DeletedUser7894
  • Start date

DeletedUser7894

Description: Hourly FP is paid and then immediately subtracted if it is earned shortly after earning an FP from visiting a Tavern with the upgraded tablecloth.

I have a bug report in on this, but I believe it was misunderstood.

I have had this happen twice.

When your hourly timer is very near the end, say less than four or five minutes (my first time was about three minutes, second case was 20 seconds) visit taverns with upgraded tablecloth in attempt to earn FP. IF you get lucky and earn an FP, start watching FP meter and timer. When it hits 00:00, instead of getting awarded the hourly FP, a red "-1" appears. No FP from your current bar is removed, but the hourly one is not awarded.
Issue Description (10/10):

Player: Dekalb Phoenix
World: zz1
App Version: 1.91.4171b8c(6.12.2016 08:30)
iOS Version: OS 10.11.1
Device: Mac
Network: Cable Modem

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: YES

Time: This happened at approximately 8:46 AM Central US time today. I cannot be sure what time it happened yesterday, but I put in a ticket. Because I did not do a good job explaining the issue yesterday, the ticked was dismissed as a non-issue. I have updated the ticket this morning with this info, but thought perhaps it should be here instead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Artubar

Baronet
... didn't track / haven't observed this special behavior, but since the tavern upgrades are out, I had it three times here on beta (and yesterday on live too) that the FP bar showed one too much - which led to the following error:

1. visit a Legendary Building [eventually research too, but only observed it with LBs]
2. spend 'all' your FPs (= the amount shown in the bar; old style LB window!)
3. Get an error, saying that you don't have enough FPs
4. No FPs get donated to the LB, but my FP bar is empty <> 0 FP
5. Reload the game, find the correct number of FPs in the bar (one less than shown before)

I guess those bugs are related, so I didn't create an extra report - if I should, please let me know.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Still looking into it, as it'd difficult to reproduce but from what I have observed myself it's no that you get a FP from the Tavern, it's that you get the 1 FP from the FP bar too early (there were some seconds left on the timer), then you get a second FP when the timer hits 0 and that second one is deducted (meaning the game corrects its own behavior).

So the issue, whatever it is, is likely with the FP bar itself and not the FP you get from visiting a Tavern. In the one case I saw there was no possibility to win any FPs in that Tavern because they didn't have any cloth.

Artubar

Baronet
... it's that you get the 1 FP from the FP bar too early (there were some seconds left on the timer), then you get a second FP when the timer hits 0 and that second one is deducted (meaning the game corrects its own behavior).

That would fit another observation I made (but haven't reported yet due to lack of time/ obvious recurrences):
The ingame timer(s) get out of sync over time.

A few days ago [winter event still running], I logged in around noon, and noticed that my town hall would be ready to collect at exactly 10pm [kept that in mind, I wanted to collect the stars in time].
Had the game tab open the whole day [mostly background, but computer always on, never in suspend mode or anything like that] and happened to look at the game in time at 10pm - the townhall popup told me still 6:xx min to collect
Then I reloaded, and it was ready to collect (as announced at noon)

So during that ~10hrs of being logged in, the timer of the town hall got a delay of 6+ minutes

This might be the case for the [hourly] FPs too - you get one at the right time [server], the bar gets updated after you've done some ingame action which updates your resources, and then a few seconds.. minutes later, your delayed client timer thinks that it is time for the hourly FP and adds it again on client side only, without talking back to the server.

That leads to the error I've described in the last post - one FP too much shown in the bar.
And it would also explain the '-1' appearing after you've done something ingame resulting in a resources update (since the server tells the client that there are only X, not X+1 FPs available).

Artubar

Baronet
Btw, I know the problem of those [long time] timers running off very well from Javascript; and I suspect Actionscript timers being no better.

The right approach would be a custom timer object which basically stores all timers as timestamps in an array and recalculates the time difference on a fairly short period basis with the server timestamp (which is present in EVERY server response)

If one of the devs wants more info about it - feel free to contact me :)

Artubar

Baronet
Another observation:
- game is running since a few hours without reloading
- had 8 FP in the bar

1. hovering the FP bar showed 13:23 min til next FP
2. spent those 8 FP in a LB
3. FP bar emptied, showed 29:xx min for a split second
4. FP bar showed 8:30 (after syncing with the server <> when the FPs showed up in the LB)

so we have again the time drift of ~5 mins between client (1) and server (4) - and there seems to be another timer around which led to this strange value in (3)

podkap1970

Emperor
its little annoying, when you check your production buildings (inclusive goods buildings or luau or residentials), buildings with a timer
and see it says 10 min to go, and go away to get something to drink or whatever, and come back in less than 5 min, and you can collect your stuff, because the timer was wrong
there is deffinitly a sync problem since few weeks, and its bad

DeletedUser7239

its little annoying, when you check your production buildings (inclusive goods buildings or luau or residentials), buildings with a timer
and see it says 10 min to go, and go away to get something to drink or whatever, and come back in less than 5 min, and you can collect your stuff, because the timer was wrong
there is deffinitly a sync problem since few weeks, and its bad

Yeps, on live server that is happening to me too.

Andi47

Overlord
Hmmm... there seem to be quite a few problems with the Forgepoints (a hotfix for the possibly non-working feature (if possible) on beta and live would be very much appreciated)

What I observed on .de8 just a few minutes ago (possibly related to this one):

1.) I had 3 FP in my FP bar
2.) reloaded, because otherwise the tavern buttons are lying.
3.) visited the frends' taverns where possible; got one forgepoint during the visit
--> now I had 4 FP in my FP bar
4.) visited a guildmate, with whom I have a daily FP swap, and clicked to his Arc
5.) clicked on the "4 FP benutzen" button (german for "use 4 FP")
--> observed: I got the error message "dafür werden 4 FP benötigt" (english: "this needs 4 FP")

It seems that the FP, which generated in the tavern, is displayed, but it is not actually granted to the player.

BTW: On .de an other possible bug is discussed (and if this behaviour is a.) true and b.) intended, most table cloths will be removed by their owners soon!): It seems, that if someone gets a FP from the tavern, the FP is deducted from the tavern's owner. So if this is true, the owner would be punished for using a table cloth! Well, this can't be intended, isn't it??

Last edited:

DeletedUser7672

Same here!!

1. I spent all my FPs. There was no error. I check the time until next FP is going to produce: 2-3 minutes left. So perfect time to test this bug! :D
2. I visited several Taverns (I don´t know the exact amount, but between 10-15 friends). I won 4 FPs in a row (yeah! first time that lucky).
3. The FP bar added the 5th FP when reached 0:00 time. So I went to research a new technology. But the internal error appeared.
4. Reloaded, check the amount of FPs: 4. I lost 1 FP! :(

I will repeat this when possible with pics :p

Andi47

Overlord
Info from the .de server: It seems to be a display bug - when getting FP bar from a tavern visit, the FP is displayed immediately, but on server side it takes some time to update the FP bar status.

note: IMHO this explains some of the observed bugs, but I don't see how this explains that sometimes we se a FP being subtracted from the FP bar.