• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback History Event 2024

ironsage

Merchant
i think the way i will play this on live is till the first rival ill only do easy games, then between the 2 ill do mediums and in end hopefully only hard ones

Sureshot

Farmer
I feel the rewards are unbalanced. From the minigame and grand Prizes rewards I have 28 Lvl 1 garrisons and yet will have 3 Lvl1 sanctuaries before I have enough pieces to complete even one base building. Also the sunhaven and legendary upgrades are available but it seems impossible to get the base buildings from the event. When you do get a relevant selection kit in the daily specials, they are very hard to get especially with limited tries. Ease up on the mortar garissons and give us more sanctuary upgrades and/or tavern/summerhold/anniversary kits!

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
I don't like to be negative, but after playing FoE for more than 9 years, and having finished every single Event until now, I must say, that this one is not even worth starting. Is far to difficult and unbalanced. The prices are not worth the effort and the mechanics is annoying.
Yeah, apparently it's like the Halloween event (that I enjoyed a lot) but this time many things didn't work out, as you say, it's unbalanced and not worth the time. For this one I'll just do easy fights and click my wait until I get the lv 7 Sanctuary.

I feel the rewards are unbalanced. From the minigame and grand Prizes rewards I have 28 Lvl 1 garrisons and yet will have 3 Lvl1 sanctuaries before I have enough pieces to complete even one base building. Also the sunhaven and legendary upgrades are available but it seems impossible to get the base buildings from the event. When you do get a relevant selection kit in the daily specials, they are very hard to get especially with limited tries. Ease up on the mortar garissons and give us more sanctuary upgrades and/or tavern/summerhold/anniversary kits!
It's way too easy to get the Garrisons from the easy fights. This situation is the same as the Halloween event: I still have about 20-25 lv. 1 Stormspires in my inventory.

Retired Guy

Marquis
I have to retract my previous comment about not getting main event building without diamonds\etc.. Just completed the 2,000 progress needed.. Used easy battles, and made it.... The boosts on the ability cards was very crucial though, it provided a bunch of assassination cards..

This morning the daily special was the Epic History 2024 selection kit but suddenly this was changed to a boost item. Why did Inno do this? I did not swap out my prize and I prefer the epic selection kit over a worthless boost item.

CrashBoom

Legend
Why did Inno do this?
because

wondering why I suddenly got tons of additional grand prizes? Pretty sure I only had 2 not yet collected - the tickets I planned to use today - but then got 13+

edit: was announced early this morning - https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/history-event-2024.16959/#post-173880

And those red gex boosts are .. as useless as the pink ones in my inventory .. without anything useful (achievable!) to buy at the AD it doesn't even make sense to sell them

Last edited:
wondering why I suddenly got tons of additional grand prizes? Pretty sure I only had 2 not yet collected - the tickets I planned to use today - but then got 13+

And those red gex boosts are .. as useless as the pink ones in my inventory .. without anything useful (achievable!) to buy at the AD it doesn't even make sense to sell them
MeToo, got exactly 800 GP-points extra. Nice, no complaints here

CrashBoom

Legend
wondering why I suddenly got tons of additional grand prizes? Pretty sure I only had 2 not yet collected
because

Beta567

Baronet
I mean
something is undefeatable until it's defeated, then it's no longer undefeatable by the definition
and hard deck has been defeated by many players so you are talking nonsense
I'm talking about comparison between beginning of the event and now. In the beginning I was able to go through the whole level and win the whole thing. Now of course you can win some but there are too many cases where you either run out of cards or have to spend a lot more to heal yourself. In my case it's option #1. The most popular case where you spend all cards of one type which can beat current opponent and then you have to spend 2-3 cards to beat one and run out of cards before the last enemy.

Emberguard

Emperor
I'm talking about comparison between beginning of the event and now. In the beginning I was able to go through the whole level and win the whole thing. Now of course you can win some but there are too many cases where you either run out of cards or have to spend a lot more to heal yourself. In my case it's option #1. The most popular case where you spend all cards of one type which can beat current opponent and then you have to spend 2-3 cards to beat one and run out of cards before the last enemy.

I've been finding the same

Kronan

Viceroy
So Inno made Hard level unbeatable (or almost unbeatable depending on your cards). What is the point?
I wasn't afraid of hard, or put off by the warnings, so I tried a few (2 or 3) times myself. Here's what I saw for those attempts:

1) Generally, I seemed to get ALL the really powerful/helpful cards for the FIRST (easiest) few battles of the HARD difficulty level. I changed choices but I don't like the mechanic where the game presents ITS choice to you and you have to pick. Give me MY entire warrior deck and I'll pick what I need to fight the enemy I"m presented with. Don't give me an overpowered subset to pick from, full well knowing that using them up early, will impact harder fights to succeed later.

Yes, I can change decks (and did multiple times) - but for HARD specifically, I can't find the right size warrior "TOOL" to fit the fight "PROBLEM".

I was left with under powered warriors in the last few fights, who got crushed and had no more warriors to use.

Multiple tries, multiple failures.

In general - the carousel warrior presentation of the 3 cards is frustrating. You have to click through each card, one at a time, repeatedly. The card stats are partially obscured IN the carousel so round and round we go multiple times. Horrible. Just present me 3 cards that I can view DIRECTLY, at the same time, and see all the spec comparatively. I will click/pick the one I want and then proceed to use it.

I do NOT like the obfuscation and ergonomics (way too much clicking) to choose a warrior, get positioned to do a battle, and then doing that battle.

Please don't design a CLICK-FEST event.

Last edited: