• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback History Event 2024

DaSteve

Farmer
Is there only the one 24hour productions quest at the end of questline 2 (the one that begins with 2 GE negotiations) or are there other productions? I ask because i set up my smithies-farm, but have to use a booster. Would be stupid to use the booster if there is another quest of this kind (mostly I'm missing quest 7 and 8 of the questline 1 --> the one that begins with collecting 12 medals).

Kronan

Viceroy
yes Juber, again... TRUE.

However, most people will get that NEGO quest somewhere in their Rival GE adventure, roughly about DIFF 3 or 4. Most FoE players choose to fight GE (as your data has told you).
Most people I've talked to, expecting any additional fighting or nego requirements to auto-complete by previous RIVAL designs @ 64, aren't going to be thrilled to now need to spend MORE goods than they want, Tavern Silver for an extra turn, or diamonds for single retries.

We know that's what you'd like us to do, but people would rather press on to FINISH GE 5 via fighting and spending medals if required, vs spend goods, tavern silver and diamonds.

Since you changed it so that the full autocomplete now requires GE 5, and if I'm already done with 4 thinking ALL would be finished, I'm gonna press on for 16 more, and finish 5 fighting vs start negotiating DIFF 5 for 8 to 10 MORE encounters there, to satisfy that last GE requirement in Rival.

So yes - people can, but most indicate they just press on fighting to finish, and get the autocomplete without ANY NEGOTIATION or costs.

DaSteve

Farmer
Yes, but the problem is, that we got used to the GE 4 finishing line. Now there are people stuck with negotiations at GE 5. This means they HAVE TO finish GE 5. If I'm not prepared (stockpiling goods or having a potent army) this means I have gone this far and I'm not able to complete the challenge. If it was clear (but very clear!!!) that this same people would have done the negotiations.
Me for myself was almost at the point where I said, wtf, lets just get to GE4, but I avoided only because I didn't wanted to waste the atempts I received with the quests once I have finished GE4 (I'm in the situation where its impossible for me to do GE5, since my army is not strong enough and I have recently changed age, so I have poor stock of goods too).

Kronan

Viceroy
Yes, but the problem is, that we got used to the GE 4 finishing line. Now there are people stuck with negotiations at GE 5. This means they HAVE TO finish GE 5. If I'm not prepared (stockpiling goods or having a potent army) this means I have gone this far and I'm not able to complete the challenge. If it was clear (but very clear!!!) that this same people would have done the negotiations.
Me for myself was almost at the point where I said, wtf, lets just get to GE4, but I avoided only because I didn't wanted to waste the atempts I received with the quests once I have finished GE4 (I'm in the situation where its impossible for me to do GE5, since my army is not strong enough and I have recently changed age, so I have poor stock of goods too).
That's my point. We choose to finish GE fighting thru all 80, so Rival then auto-completes the nego quest, vs starting negotiations in late DIFF 4, or 5 to get that result.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
that is why players should read the Daily Release Notes
was posted last Friday

or the feedback of it
there it was discussed after it was announced
It's a common thing.

Inno: makes announcement on forums, on Discord, in game...
Players: this should've been announced! It's so unfair that Inno is trying to hide things from us players!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It's a common thing.

Inno: makes announcement on forums, on Discord, in game...
Players: this should've been announced! It's so unfair that Inno is trying to hide things from us players!
I'd think the first time it comes up in relevance they should include a reminder at least (i.e. in the event announcement). Daily changelog announcements often go unread.

Retired Guy

Marquis
I found the History Rival somewhat better than others.. happy to see the fighting weighting vs the nego.. completing level 5 was a bit of a surprise.. I "can" read, just choose not to sometimes.. The issues with Level 5 are:
- young cities will really struggle for some of the nego's in lvl 4\5
- the medal count per extra turn is also high, (perhaps reduce the multiplier a bit?).. , unless you're part of a very active 1.9x thread.

I decided to stop playing this event. After seeing the senceless prices in the rival, the rival quests in combination with the bad event I am first time stopping right in the middle of an event without any other reason but the event design. If it stays as it is, I will skip this one as well on all my live servers

Sinitar

Regent
what is the last quest and reward of the negotion rival?
View attachment 11185
the next is 24h production 40 times
Reward 15 Fragments of Surging Grove Sanctuary Silver Upgrade Kit
That's my point. We choose to finish GE fighting thru all 80, so Rival then auto-completes the nego quest, vs starting negotiations in late DIFF 4, or 5 to get that result.
if you have at least 1G medals and you're in SAT, do it
Enjoy the cost to support when you don't have any help from extra attempts
Screenshot_560.png
Cost for a SAT player

Yekk

Viceroy
Honestly having significant amounts of boost added to event buildings kinda defeats the one positive to it in my eyes. That it removed the ridiculous levels of power creep that turns everything into a trivial autobattle.

Personally I'd say what it could use most is to have your settlement last for an entire championship so you can ramp up the settlement city itself in early rounds to be capable of higher difficulty stuff and the limited main city stuff is just a helper.
Having a new "stat" to aim for in the events actually slows power creep. One with only one of the 4 ways (Blue attack or defense or Red attack or defense) that was event based, an odd size with inherent weakness as a result, say 1x2.

I have been in level 10 on beta and my live guild is more socially relaxed. The beta guild spent heavy the first few leagues but that has ended. My live social guild in in 11th on its world with no whales. They gain in that I have shown them how to build a city that can compete. Many though have only a few settlements done or hate the idea of Iron Age fighting. They will always be behind the 8 ball in QI. They will just say no and not do QI.

Even with events the gains they get will top them out in level 7. The levels after just gain to much attack. So they auto in level 1-3. If it keeps them interested what is the harm. The strongest will stay on top.

ironsage

Merchant
for a reno kit + 15 Fragments of Surging Grove Sanctuary Silver Upgrade Kit + golden heroes tavers im not doing it as i dont mind waiting 3 more days and i dont age fast an already have 3 golden upgrades from last year

I'd think the first time it comes up in relevance they should include a reminder at least (i.e. in the event announcement). Daily changelog announcements often go unread.
Yeah I agree with this, fair enough juber you want us to play different - I can see how to do it now and I understand the motivation, but because it is a big change it might be good to announce it with the rival quests on main? (or whenever you change it on main!)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Having a new "stat" to aim for in the events actually slows power creep. One with only one of the 4 ways (Blue attack or defense or Red attack or defense) that was event based, an odd size with inherent weakness as a result, say 1x2.

I have been in level 10 on beta and my live guild is more socially relaxed. The beta guild spent heavy the first few leagues but that has ended. My live social guild in in 11th on its world with no whales. They gain in that I have shown them how to build a city that can compete. Many though have only a few settlements done or hate the idea of Iron Age fighting. They will always be behind the 8 ball in QI. They will just say no and not do QI.

Even with events the gains they get will top them out in level 7. The levels after just gain to much attack. So they auto in level 1-3. If it keeps them interested what is the harm. The strongest will stay on top.
It's a replaced slippery slope. One that they've already demonstrated no restraint for with main building stats. If there was 1% QI boost on a 5x5 grand prize it wouldn't make much difference - noone would get anywhere very fast but that would hardly satiate the people who want QI boosts on their event buildings.

The limited availability through time-limited buildings and 1-of-a-kind settlement grand prizes *is* the safe "wow that's powerful, but it can only go so far".

If you start slapping 10%, 20%, 50% on permanent buildings that people can amass dozens of, you basically destroy any strategy to the settlement building portion of QI. Why build decorations that are massive resource sucks in the settlement when you can just earn more permanent boost in your main city?

Now granted, QI being a massively boring turd of a feature, it'd be hard to shed too many tears - probably more laughter - at them immediately invalidating any strategic gameplay it provides. But I still think it's an important line in the sand that QI stats *aren't* just 4 more values to wish for on every event building.

Yekk

Viceroy
It's a replaced slippery slope. One that they've already demonstrated no restraint for with main building stats. If there was 1% QI boost on a 5x5 grand prize it wouldn't make much difference - noone would get anywhere very fast but that would hardly satiate the people who want QI boosts on their event buildings.

The limited availability through time-limited buildings and 1-of-a-kind settlement grand prizes *is* the safe "wow that's powerful, but it can only go so far".

If you start slapping 10%, 20%, 50% on permanent buildings that people can amass dozens of, you basically destroy any strategy to the settlement building portion of QI. Why build decorations that are massive resource sucks in the settlement when you can just earn more permanent boost in your main city?

Now granted, QI being a massively boring turd of a feature, it'd be hard to shed too many tears - probably more laughter - at them immediately invalidating any strategic gameplay it provides. But I still think it's an important line in the sand that QI stats *aren't* just 4 more values to wish for on every event building.
I was thinking more of a very limited quantity small building. One stat an event. Giving something like 20% per event max. 4 events would add 20/20R 20/20B. A bit weaker than a Tourney. Not overwhelming uberness... But enough to pull in more people. How Inno incorporates that is to close to the do not suggest list, I will not comment deeper. I do see Inno making more money over time than how QI is done now...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I was thinking more of a very limited quantity small building. One stat an event. Giving something like 20% per event max. 4 events would add 20/20R 20/20B. A bit weaker than a Tourney. Not overwhelming uberness... But enough to pull in more people. How Inno incorporates that is to close to the do not suggest list, I will not comment deeper. I do see Inno making more money over time than how QI is done now...
I honestly can't see them making more money from QI however they approach it in the long run. In the short term, it's new, it has powerful shiny baubles. Whales will whale.

But its longterm value has to revolve around people saying it's fun - and apart from some content creators that almost have to sound positive about the game they make money off of creating videos for, I haven't heard *anyone* describe QI as fun!

More boost would not make QI more fun, just an easier grind.

But I'm sure once the whales are done whaling by pouring diamonds into shards, they'll eventually cave and start handing out boost in some other way for second-tier whales to buy the permanent power for QI they've been salivating for. Probably far faster than would be "healthy" if viewed from a gameplay perspective instead. And then some time after that people will bemoan that QI is just another repetitive chore demanding clicks from them in game, which it already is from the start, just masked atm by people not being able to do as much as they would like in it.