• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback History Event 2024

Traveler64

Squire
I don't find anything worth playing this event for
Why does Inno have to suddenly nerf the buildings given out by the last 2 events? Is it so that more people would play settlements? Fine. I am playing settlements anyway. But with the nerfed buildings, I am not going to buy the premium passes as they would be worthless. I actually want to buy them but I have no option. :)

SirAlucard

Steward
This event is bad on many levels.

1. No animation skip, wastes an unnecessary amount of time. Seeing them once or twice is nice and all, but after that, they should be skippable, if the player chooses so.
2. The grafics of the mini game are out of place. FoE is most definitely a game, that is played by an adult playerbase, not children. (IMO with the amount of randomness, even after spending money on diamonds and event passes, it should be even rated 18+, reason: gambling)
3. The buildings are bad. I mean, really bad. They are big and deliever nearly no value for older cities, that were played during the last year. I don't think, that someone will place them for their production. Best case scenario would be, they get placed because of optics.
4. The new main prize building is only obtainable, if the player reaches 240 progress towards the grand prize. That means, if a player decides to skip the event entirely, he won't even get the level 1 building.

At this point, I have just one question: Is Inno actively trying to annoy it's long term player base? Because this event is a bad decision in its entirety. The player that is most likely to spend money, is the long term player, not the new one, but with this event, even more long term players might leave the game. I remember a statement from one of Innos representives, who claimed, that they want to make the player expierence better, this event goes into the opposite direction of better. And this statement was made this year!

I'm happy to see the card game back, I did really enjoy it for halloween - I appreciate inno trying new things and expanding mini games. My feedback is really that I feel I have no opportunity to play it right now?

The ratio of tickets to coins seems Really off. Even playing easy, it's just not balancing to the amount of tickets I keep getting from rewards. I have never had <4 to get the timed tickets, because I run out of coins before I can play down that low. This is fixable and just needs to be. I deeply dislike mini-games which feel unplayable without buying turns. Don't get me wrong, I don't oppose making it desirable to play more - I buy/use diamonds a lot for mini-games. But this one feels so sluggish and like I'm getting so little out of the main challenge line, how will I get into the minigame to want to pay to play more?

Also, I'm sure it's not changeable now, but I hate the artwork - I've always loved the event artwork and often the animations. I have no idea why this event is designed for paw patrol. It doesn't fit with FOE design, and in general makes it juvenile. Just feedback for the future!

Thunderdome

Emperor
which develop team can listen and apply
Two relative keywords here:
Can - if they wanted to, else we're beating a dead horse to death.
Apply - if they wanted to, as well, since most things that were said never made it back to us, the players. I often ask myself what's the point of feedback if nothing is done to fix it right (yeah, I use that term very heavily as I see the opposite in Inno's little "one step forward, three steps backward" spiel.
This should not be considered as a request/comment, it should be taken as a necessary/mandatory change.
I agree on this. It reminded me of a developer whose game was riddled with system resource taxing "swirlies" (animations) in their icons. A lot of people quit playing (even the ones that had better gaming systems). It was okay with nothing on them, but some person thought it was cute to "break" the game with such. Kind of what I see here in this event's minigame. Majority of us wanted the animations disabled so we can play as we want. Inno just replied "no" in secret and made it much worse. And, they wonder why we supposedly insulted them for their shoddy work.
4. The new main prize building is only obtainable, if the player reaches 240 progress towards the grand prize. That means, if a player decides to skip the event entirely, he won't even get the level 1 building.
Gone are the days where the level 1 building was in the first milestone of the event's quests. Then they were placed in the first reward spot in the minigame itself. As much as I liked the Halloween event, this event kind of blows with this schtick in place.

And, HEY INNO (I was going to do Danny DeVito's Mini-Me line in Austin Powers but I will just go with this instead), when are you going to fix this link? It's been days if not over a week since start. Some of us wanted to know what stats these buildings or other prizes in this so-called event!!

Kronan

Viceroy
First of all, it's sad that we're playing an event for beta test and I can't even access a page of rewards because it's not accessible to beta players?

How does that help us understand the event, and then in turn, help you? IMHO, that should be accessible so we understand all the things about playing and rewards, and then can give you BETTER feedback (which is our role in this arrangement).

For a full list of available prizes in the event, check out our prizes page HERE (page is not accessible, as it is still work in progress).

1) Echo the sentiment that the TICKETS/COINS ratio is way off. This really needs adjustment. I cannot keep up with tickets being generated by spending coins to fight 8 enemies for each one. Yes I know you want us to BUY things, but the complaint from many about this being skewed - is valid.

2) I know the bounty of insane performance from event buildings had to end - eventually. So this is the denouement? The fact that the Sterling Garrison is a major prize I've won (so far I see it's just 3 levels - 3 levels: base (1), upgrade (2) and silver (3) and only gives (in the Iron Age):

10 medals
2 goods (if motivated)
low single digit RED sword (3%) + 2% for GbG
low single digit Blue Shield (1%) + 3% for GE

is a pretty weak reward for a level 3 building. Yes, it's 1x1 but that reward is hardly going to help me when I have such tremendous (over 1000%) war boosts already for my army.

If the rewards are NOT a motivation to play - then people will pass on the events.

Beta.Tester

Farmer
First of all, it's sad that we're playing an event for beta test and I can't even access a page of rewards because it's not accessible to beta players?

How does that help us understand the event, and then in turn, help you? IMHO, that should be accessible so we understand all the things about playing and rewards, and then can give you BETTER feedback (which is our role in this arrangement).

For a full list of available prizes in the event, check out our prizes page HERE (page is not accessible, as it is still work in progress).

1) Echo the sentiment that the TICKETS/COINS ratio is way off. This really needs adjustment. I cannot keep up with tickets being generated by spending coins to fight 8 enemies for each one. Yes I know you want us to BUY things, but the complaint from many about this being skewed - is valid.

2) I know the bounty of insane performance from event buildings had to end - eventually. So this is the denouement? The fact that the Sterling Garrison is a major prize I've won (so far I see it's just 3 levels - 3 levels: base (1), upgrade (2) and silver (3) and only gives (in the Iron Age):

10 medals
2 goods (if motivated)
low single digit RED sword (3%) + 2% for GbG
low single digit Blue Shield (1%) + 3% for GE

is a pretty weak reward for a level 3 building. Yes, it's 1x1 but that reward is hardly going to help me when I have such tremendous (over 1000%) war boosts already for my army.

If the rewards are NOT a motivation to play - then people will pass on the events.
There is a lvl 4 of that. The bullion Garrison gives 23% in 1 square and is the only reason to play this event

Sinitar

Regent
There is a lvl 4 of that. The bullion Garrison gives 23% in 1 square and is the only reason to play this event
Bullion Garrison you said?
Screenshot_483.png
23% is the total + without specific destinations, is weaker in general than sacred tree of silence, unless you want more artillery. it has 4 levels while tree 2 only
Screenshot_484.png
Comparing as the same level, is even more weaker
Screenshot_485.png

I'm just going to throw out there that I've significantly less played this event. Maybe I'm able to play 2 games a day, but this is 100% limited by the lack of game coins.

Solutions: first redraw per round is free, that's where most of my coins are going. Reduced cost of healing in medium/hard levels OR keep all levels 20 HP OR increase the amount of coins by at least 300 coins per day to allow at least to be able to fund a couple of healings during the medium levels OR (!!!!) include two special cards from the shop (preferably healing) in addition to the deck.

Risk is not worth the reward here.

Kronan

Viceroy
There is a lot of unanimity surrounding many of the same points articulated. Nice to see that. We're not all over the map. Almost every post I read mentions the same basic objections and concerns.

We are pretty unified on many of this event's presentable functions.

A lot of people don't seem to want to drink the KOOL-AID :)

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I guess if I had said it for the Halloween event, I will say it for this one: give us an option to disable the animations when playing the minigame.

Example:
I have a card that has 2-5 basic hit and 2+ for the faction that is strong against, with 20/20 HP. The opposing side has a card that does 1-2 attack without any faction it is strong against at the moment (lucky placement, maybe?).

I click on FIGHT with the animation disabled. No amination took place. From click of the button to end is only 1-2 seconds (depending on connection to server). It will show 18/20 HP, and the opposing card gone.
You can skip the animation - click right below the fight button, and it'll animation cancel.

Kronan

Viceroy
Just mentioning this, not expecting it to be "fixed" or "changed", but that's Inno's choice:

The graphic shows 2 tickets, the "text" says 1:

1712580568305.png

Last edited:

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
It's difficult to want to play this event.
  • Game play speed is a bit slow, but mostly it's uninspiring. The ugly graphics and boring animations aren't appealing, the rewards unexciting, the strategy so auotmatic as to be non-existent.
  • Event building stats have abandoned any logical relationship to previous game-play; it's obvious revenue generation is 1st, 2nd, and last priority.
  • Events, GE, the daily's, settlements, QI, etc.: don’t offer anything new or interesting, just some inflation of stats/rearrangement of mindless clicking; i.e. minimal effort on originality and innovation, maximum focus on cash extraction. QI design is particularly odious: not even the slightest effort to be creative.
  • I like fighting as a (fairly major) part of the game, yet I've zero desire to rush to upgrade most of my city to keep up with inflated stats of each subsequent event.
  • Before the past year, each new event building gave marginal improvements. that took real thought as to whether or not it was worth getting, when compared to what was already in a city. It was also fairly easy to keep up, and you could pass up an event or 2 and not feel behind.
  • Even if they have plateaued for now, the previous confidence that event buildings would be useful for at least 2-3 years is gone. Why spend on any event, when that investment might be outdated in under a year?
  • Or why advance ages? If I camp, I at least can spend less time playing and still help my Guild on GE and GBG.
It’s not terrible, and certainly not the end of FoE. Yet, the changes this time around are fast enough, and the results so uninspiring, that I don’t want to play as much. I’ve almost no expectation that things will reverse, or that any real attempts on introducing more creativity or fun will happen. Sort of sad, but certainly not RL significant.

joyfulrider

Squire
Game play speed is a bit slow, but mostly it's uninspiring. The ugly graphics and boring animations aren't appealing, the rewards unexciting, the strategy so automatic as to be non-existent.
Totally agree with you. Due to work stress and life hectic way of things happening myself coming into the game to have some different mind set to relax a bit, but if they produce boring things like this, automatically interest in the game will be lost for sure.

If they don't give this event in live also, I will be more happy. Again this event in live, now itself feeling bit frustrated to face it one more time in the same year. This will be the first event in the game, intentionally myself going to skip in the live server completely.

I know some daily special will be good in the event, but I will catch those with panda, bakery, shamrocks, ghosts or birthday of the game.

I agree with most of the posted statments. Additionally I cant even motivate myself playing this event. Its really the first time in a long time that I open the game then the event minigame and skip and leave. And although I like the minigame after having understood the mechanics in the halloween event I find this optical design so boring and awful. Plus I find the event tasks and their prices not helpful getting into a kind of routine. You already get some 5 or 6 tickets and are bound in this ugly and bad designed optic. Plus instead of letting folks getting into the new settlement and QI we are again bombarded with this time consuming event. I and so many wrote that before. Your customers want fun and not a second job. If a game keeps you busy more than 2 - 3 hrs a day its simply to much. We have families, friends, jobs and other hobbies filling our day

It seems getting the event building without buying a pass is going to be really difficult? From what I can see you need to get to 2000 points on the quest. At the half way mark I'm only at 550 or so, this just doesn't seem possible?

Edit: I think the error I made early on was playing on hard, and not realising you still needed life left in order to be victorious over the final battle. Don't think I will get a full building even with spending diamonds, which is kind of mad - but editing in case anyone sees this so can learn from my mistakes!

Last edited: