• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Historical Questlines Recuval

Reason
Completes Historical Quests announced in 2018
Details
Self-Evident
Balance
No impact
Abuse Prevention
Not Applicable
Summary
Revive Historical Questl8nes from 2018 - Marie Curie, William Shakespeare, Wu Xtian
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes
Since we are now having short Questlines, can we please have the three Historical Questlines that were announced in2018 but never implemented - Marie Curie, William Shakespeare, and Wu Xtian?

These were to follow after Cleopatra, Genghis Kha, Sacajawea, and Vincent Van Gogh, but never run. This would seem to be a lower workload for the development team as the “spoiler” artwork was already completed and posted with the announcement of the 2018 Historical Questlines.

Please?

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Historical Questlines have been discontinued and we do not plan for them to return.

Boo...

Baronet
Just wondering, do you miss new buildings?
I need to put the old buildings into storage so that new ones can be built! Give me this opportunity. Sell me this "store building."

Well, I guess that shut me down in short order,
I remain mystified. As I recall, the reason that Historical Questlines were discontinued in 2018 was complains that there were too many Events. Since that time the following things have happened:

- Archaeology Event added to the annual rotation , then replaced by the Wildlife Event
- St Patrick’s Event replaced Spring Event, with a more complex/demanding minigame
- Anniversary Event added to rotation
- Fellowship Event added to rotation

Plus
- Cultural Settlements added
- PvP Arena added
- Guild Battlegrounds added

Now we have these new Mini-Questlines with 32 Quests (versus 11 for Napoleon).

Boy, those Historical Questlines were sure burdensome.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Historical Questlines have been discontinued and we do not plan for them to return.
This idea got shifty rejected for the above reason. Wonder why this heavily supported idea is still pending for many months. Could you give some information why this idea, alongside many other ideas/suggestions, are pending for an extended period of time? Could be quite helpful

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
This idea got shifty rejected for the above reason. Wonder why this heavily supported idea is still pending for many months. Could you give some information why this idea, alongside many other ideas/suggestions, are pending for an extended period of time? Could be quite helpful
Good to know that we're getting ignored. Much like how the popular ideas/suggestions applicable to be forwarded getting neglected

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
Rejecting ideas or tagging them as DNSL is much less work than forwarding ideas. I usually do not take care of this section, but as VT does not have the time at the moment, I will go through it in the next few days.

Douglas 221

Farmer
If the previous Historical quest lines are going to be abandoned... how about some NEW Historical Quest lines? I am not sure how exciting the buildings were but some people enjoyed the historical aspect of the "event". Some players do enjoy the story lines offered and a little history never hurts.

Douglas 221

Farmer
Rejecting ideas or tagging them as DNSL is much less work than forwarding ideas. I usually do not take care of this section, but as VT does not have the time at the moment, I will go through it in the next few days.
Thank you. I just do not understand why some ideas are quickly rejected and other players do not have a chance to even offer some input or vote. I would think the game designers would like to get a true picture of the feed back to know what their base enjoys vs does not like. Cutting off ideas before most people see the idea curbs that data and does not offer a true picture of what the player base is interested.

CrashBoom

Legend
If the previous Historical quest lines are going to be abandoned... how about some NEW Historical Quest lines? I am not sure how exciting the buildings were but some people enjoyed the historical aspect of the "event". Some players do enjoy the story lines offered and a little history never hurts.
the year is already full of events

and they just gave us mini challenges
there will be 3 !!!! of them during the wildlife event

and you still want to do more questlines ?

Douglas 221

Farmer
the year is already full of events

and they just gave us mini challenges
there will be 3 !!!! of them during the wildlife event

and you still want to do more questlines ?
I am not saying I personally want to do more quests but there are many people I talk to in my guilds who enjoy doing quests and the more the better. But others are less interested in the actual quests but the historical story line which goes with them.

Many of us were under the impression we would be doing these mini challenges during the current winter event on the live servers. We have yet to see one. I cant imagine why we would see 3 mini challenges during one event. Especially when we have only seen ONE with GE which required people to basically doing GE along with the quests or you would struggle to complete the quests.
Why does it matter if other people want to do more quests? If you do not wish to do quests then by all means dont.