• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded City consumables bar

-Alin-

Emperor
Reason
It will be a time saver, instead of going through all the inventory and manually search and use for each of the consumables that You need, you will have a drawable bar from whiere You can select the ones You need for Your city on that moment, either a blue galaxy collection that require to use finish special and self aid several times or finish supply productions for quests, etc.
Details
The consumables bar will show You either all of your city consumables items, or a selected number of these, according to the player choices.
Balance
It is a QoL for players, it will not impact the other game features from the game, it will just be a time saver.
Abuse Prevention
It can't be exploited, it is just a QoL idea.
Summary
A place from where You can quick access and select the consumables that You need, avoiding loosing time to search for them into the inventory for each time a player needs to do so.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
It is not on DNSL, it doesn't make people richer or doesnt give them any other advantage, it just offer a place from where to select your desired consumables faster, also It was a similar idea made few days ago, but that one did not implied the usage of a „consumables bar”, only just instant selection of a specific consumable for a event building when collecting it.
I have an idea for QoL in Forge of Empires.

With the recently meta of the game is more and more common to see lots of aid/self aid kits and others consumables for our cities, like supply rush items, collect special/goods/all special/all goods or like store buildings/one up kit/reno kit that are required for our city.

I think it is better to have them into a similar bar as the buff bar made for great buildings buffs, but with the posibility of accesing our consumables from there.

Here you have a representation of what I mean with the consumables bar.
TOPCaptură de ecran 2023-09-01 211441.png

And to avoid having ALL of the consumables here in one tab and take a lot of your screen when You open it, you can assign the ones You need from the inventory.

Here You have another example of what I mean with assigning the consumables You need:
Captura_de_ecran_2023-09-01_213522.png

Last edited:
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is like the idea that was posted yesturday, except her idea was that you click the building and it gives the option to use the consumable on that building. I like that idea, and to not clutter up this idea this bar should only be the "all" consumables ie "aid all" and "mass" rushes.

-Alin-

Emperor
This is like the idea that was posted yesturday, except her idea was that you click the building and it gives the option to use the consumable on that building. I like that idea, and to not clutter up this idea this bar should only be the "all" consumables ie "aid all" and "mass" rushes.

Yes, I mentioned about the other idea.

Also You can select the consumables You want to be shown into the consumables bar.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Kinda 2 months already and no sign of forwarding it.
Ok then ...
Even an idea/suggestion of late Augustus hitting the required 4+ upvotes is pending. While even a popular idea/suggestion like this is kept pending but DNSL gets closed down shortly after and sufficiently downvoted ideas/suggestions getting shortly after closure. I don’t think there’s any mod available to forward ideas/suggestions anymore. Only to close or reject stuff. Most realistic expectation is for now that it’ll be somewhere next year maybe forwarded or after a new mod gets hired. Assuming they’ll do a cleanup of the ideas/suggestions kept pending.

Best time to open up a position for co-communication manager for the Beta forum, or at least a mod handeling the ideas/suggestions part of Beta.

Even an idea/suggestion of late Augustus hitting the required 4+ upvotes is pending. While even a popular idea/suggestion like this is kept pending but DNSL gets closed down shortly after and sufficiently downvoted ideas/suggestions getting shortly after closure. I don’t think there’s any mod available to forward ideas/suggestions anymore. Only to close or reject stuff. Most realistic expectation is for now that it’ll be somewhere next year maybe forwarded or after a new mod gets hired. Assuming they’ll do a cleanup of the ideas/suggestions kept pending.

Best time to open up a position for co-communication manager for the Beta forum, or at least a mod handeling the ideas/suggestions part of Beta.
On the US forum, they shut down their entire ideas section since the beginning of 2023 because "the devs didn't want anymore suggestions" so I've only been using beta forum. It's really sad to see the game you've been playing so long go so far away.

I'm still neutral on this suggestion, but I'd like to see some others.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
It's really sad to see the game you've been playing so long go so far away.
Don't want to go too off topic here, but if they shut down the idea sections of specific servers, I would understand. Might be quite a challenge to handle ideas from many sources, it must be a ton of work to check "if this suggested already?". However, I kinda hope Beta will stay.

I might even "accept" if they would shut down the Beta too if they are swimming in ideas they have no time (.......) to implement, therefore people would just complain about ideas not being implemented for years. The more idea gets into that state the more it will be brought up "makes no sense to suggest anything, they don't implement them". It already happens here-and-there on this forum.

Personally, however, I don't mind these. I'm fully aware that our suggestions are merely just...suggestion, anyone who creates an idea with the expectation that it will be implemented digs a whole for themselves. Don't get me wrong, I like to think my ideas are great and must be implemented. Let's appreciate we can at least put ideas here, "for now". Many games wouldn't even bother at all grabbing ideas from players, at least not in a "formal" way.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
If they’re overwhelmed by it, they could at least make an announcement and pinning it like the DNSL post.
The false expectation of implementation is not at play in this case. Rather the oddity of only closing down and rejecting while ignoring upvoted ideas/suggestions. Even those with 10-20+ upvotes.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
And I won't argue about that part of why this idea is being "ignored" even though it was created ~2 months ago and has, as of now, 22 votes.
But now we "revived" it with a few messages, bait is in, let's see if mods will catch :D.

nice2haveu

Baronet

Similar to this suggested very long back and missed the chance of people support there to reach dev team. Also, it didn't given for single category like consumables where it covers everything you want to do in your city like bookmark option in the web browser. (Very useful at the time of events)

It will be suitable for consumables, decorations, cultural, residential, roads etc on both PC and Mobile.
By seeing the positive vote for consumables alone, don't have any words to say.