• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Historical Questline - Sacajawea

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

be prepared 8h productions will also be in the questline

DeletedUser7951

I do all events on live. But this, with a prize that's not interesting (would be if I were a new player), and with all the usual quests... Inno, it's boring. I don't mind not wow prizes, and I normally love it when I can rush through an even in one day, but 3 historical events were all the quests are basically the same..
I don't read the quest info, just the tasks. The only new thing is how much FP will it demands, and in what order of the tasks.

DeletedUser8406

Less than 5 days for a 14 quest event! Seriously? Last one was 8 days for 12 quests and a better prize.
And timing for day between weekend and national holiday in many countries, so many people cannot play from the start. 3,5 days only.

DeletedUser8859

Well, before this event started, I had over a 1000 diamonds. Now I have zero. Not having spent any in the interim to clarify. Not sure if that has anything to do with PPS in the announcement (crediting back diamonds having been reset/wiped out?), but maybe that's something to check.
It is a bug in the live servers. Several guildmates reported errors of zero diamonds. I had 750 diamonds, collected 43 more from a quest and boom, diamonds counters says 43, not 793. Then Logout, Login back and diamonds counters shows correct total of 793 diamonds.

DeletedUser7215

Drone Factories not counting during production quests in this event. I have 2 that I set at 5 min intervals for same age, or lower age production. Hopefully they will work on 4 hr production quest.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Drone Factories not counting during production quests in this event. I have 2 that I set at 5 min intervals for same age, or lower age production. Hopefully they will work on 4 hr production quest.

were you using two different ages of production for the quest? The way those your age, or the one lower quests work is if it asks for 15 productions it either has to be 15 your age, or 15 the previous - it can't be 8+7 (or any other combination other than 15 of a single age). Progress will only show whichever condition you have a higher % completion towards.

Looking at the 4 hr and 8 hr quests listed they shouldn't have a problem using both as they don't stipulate an age.

DeletedUser7215

were you using two different ages of production for the quest? The way those your age, or the one lower quests work is if it asks for 15 productions it either has to be 15 your age, or 15 the previous - it can't be 8+7 (or any other combination other than 15 of a single age). Progress will only show whichever condition you have a higher % completion towards.

Looking at the 4 hr and 8 hr quests listed they shouldn't have a problem using both as they don't stipulate an age.

Actually same and prior age worked. It didn't differentiate. I chose TE 1st since that is my present age, but I have 3 specialty production bldgs that are CE, and it counted it's production, as well as the TE prod bldgs. It should of counted the Drone factories.

DeletedUser7262

really 4 hour productions 20 times. i think the lower age players might have problems with this since they probably do not have room to build extra blacksmiths for this

DeletedUser5160

Surprise surprise Inno gets back from their day off and has nothing planned for this rushed 5 day event questline.

DeletedUser7246

Yeah... But they changed The 8h production of Farms. Now Farms give only 5 goods per 8h-prod instead of 10 goods.
Event is not very bright, But I got 30k medals from it, so at this point it was useful for me. And you never know when this new building will become useful.

(With these sudden changes (I mean Farm - was useful, became not useful, because I don't use it for 5 fp, only for goods) useless Rosarium, that I was keeping in my inventory "just for the case", suddenly became much more better than the New Farm.)

DeletedUser7246

Not an intentional change, the issue is being looked into. :)
Thank you very much for information, that was scaring changing.

But to make this event a bit longer - is a good idea. At least 7 days instead of 5.

Aeshma

Merchant
My opinion of the building - Population is probably useless for a lot of players in higher ages and could cause issues with happiness for lower level players, would have liked to have attack or defense bonus in place of this. Gold again is useless for most higher level players but most likely useful for lower and maybe mid level players so maybe keep that, and goods definitely useful for low and maybe mid level players and for those of us at higher levels who play the game called Forge of Empires not Gimme Gimme Forge Points (really people, not every special building has to have forge points as a reward, don't bother with the event or build more shrines or something. :) )

Events in general I think should be at least 7 days and maybe only two a month. Event fatigue is a thing as many others have said and it can easily cause lower leveled people to rush ahead before they are ready and then they may get frustrated and quit because they struggle with fights or gold, supplies, and goods. There is of course the option to not participate but if someone really wants the reward then they will try to get it without thinking of the costs.

DeletedUser8983

We are looking into this to make sure it is the correct time frame. As tomorrow is a holiday it will be Wednesday before I can confirm. Thanks all.
What' new ????

5 days for 14 quests is not enough for the small and medium levels.It takes a max of 2 quests not day so 7 days (excluding holidays)

DeletedUser7779

Here my 2 cents....this Event is one of the worst imo:

1) annoying time consuming quests ... 20x4hr first and now 10x8hr....i dont recall any other short event which has required so much
2) lousy reward - as others mentioned already the pop/tile is worse than any other housing of the corresponding era and to me the 7 random goods don't really make it better
3) Story line is very inconsistent! I rarely read the quests but since i was not familiar with who Sacajawea was, i thought I'd read up this time. But surprise! After completing almost all quests, I still have no idea who she is, what she did or what is she famous for :confused:
But I do know she travelled to the West Coast, saw some whales and then went back :D. Somewhere inbetween she got married and led an expedition (not even clear what was the purpose if this expedtion, nor what she did to become a leader.) So yeah...sadly, still no idea who this Lady was

DeletedUser7942

Here my 2 cents....this Event is one of the worst imo:

1) annoying time consuming quests ... 20x4hr first and now 10x8hr....i dont recall any other short event which has required so much
2) lousy reward - as others mentioned already the pop/tile is worse than any other housing of the corresponding era and to me the 7 random goods don't really make it better
3) Story line is very inconsistent! I rarely read the quests but since i was not familiar with who Sacajawea was, i thought I'd read up this time. But surprise! After completing almost all quests, I still have no idea who she is, what she did or what is she famous for :confused:
But I do know she travelled to the West Coast, saw some whales and then went back :D. Somewhere inbetween she got married and led an expedition (not even clear what was the purpose if this expedtion, nor what she did to become a leader.) So yeah...sadly, still no idea who this Lady was
They don't mention The Lewis and Clark Expedition? I find that hard to believe. I never read them either, I looked at the 13th quest that I have now where it reads like her and Clark had a daughter together,

ngfxgnxgfn.PNG

Toussaint Charbonneau was the father of Lizette Charbonneau, according to wiki anyway, never read the journals myself, always meant to though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toussaint_Charbonneau
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacagawea

DeletedUser7779

They don't mention The Lewis and Clark Expedition? I find that hard to believe. I never read them either, I looked at the 13th quest that I have now where it reads like her and Clark had a daughter together,

View attachment 3124

Toussaint Charbonneau was the father of Lizette Charbonneau, according to wiki anyway, never read the journals myself, always meant to though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toussaint_Charbonneau
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacagawea
Ha, that's funny! im at #12 and it says that Sacajawea and her husband spent 3 years among the Hidatsa (im guessing some Indian tribes) while Lewis and Clark travelled further. And then at #13 all of sudden she's with Clark and even has a child. That's what i'm saying....inconsistency :D
And unless i missed something, I think Lewis and Clark were first mentioned in #12, i had no idea up to this point that she took part in that Expedition exactly.
Thanks for the links too.

DeletedUser7942

Ha, that's funny! im at #12 and it says that Sacajawea and her husband spent 3 years among the Hidatsa (im guessing some Indian tribes) while Lewis and Clark travelled further. And then at #13 all of sudden she's with Clark and even has a child. That's what i'm saying....inconsistency :D
And unless i missed something, I think Lewis and Clark were first mentioned in #12, i had no idea up to this point that she took part in that Expedition exactly.
Thanks for the links too.
Creative license? lol, idk, I'll try to catch it all on Live and see. According to the wiki this is how they describe her main thing;

While Sacagawea has been depicted as a guide for the expedition,[8] she is recorded as providing direction in only a few instances. Her work as an interpreter certainly helped the party to negotiate with the Shoshone; however, her greatest value to the mission may have been simply her presence during the arduous journey, which demonstrated the peaceful intent of the expedition. While traveling through what is now Franklin County, Washington, Clark noted, "The Indian woman confirmed those people of our friendly intentions, as no woman ever accompanies a war party of Indians in this quarter," and, "the wife of Shabono our interpeter we find reconsiles all the Indians, as to our friendly intentions a woman with a party of men is a token of peace."[9]

As he traveled downriver from Fort Mandan at the end of the journey, Clark wrote to Charbonneau:

You have been a long time with me and conducted your Self in Such a manner as to gain my friendship, your woman who accompanied you that long dangerous and fatigueing rout to the Pacific Ocian and back diserved a greater reward for her attention and services on that rout than we had in our power to give her at the Mandans. As to your little Son (my boy Pomp) you well know my fondness of him and my anxiety to take him and raise him as my own child ...If you are desposed to accept either of my offers to you and will bring down you Son your famn [femme, woman] Janey had best come along with you to take care of the boy untill I get him ...Wishing you and your family great success & with anxious expectations of seeing my little danceing boy Baptiest I shall remain your Friend, William Clark[10] [sic]

DeletedUser7942

Last quest. More creative license it seems;

14.gif

I don't think it's "official" she died from that although they at least allude to the possibility that she also may have lived though in the wiki it states;

"Some American Indian oral traditions relate that rather than dying in 1812, Sacagawea left her husband Charbonneau, crossed the Great Plains, and married into a Comanche tribe.[citation needed] She was said to have returned to the Shoshone in Wyoming in 1860, where she died in 1884.[14]"

The building is nice looking, nice animations;

hgrhe.gif

although I'm not too sure a native would be all to fond of keeping all those animals in a park, do they have Zoos in tribal lands?

Perhaps this sculpture would have been more befitting https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacajawea_and_Jean-Baptiste