• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Historical Questline - Sacajawea

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8887

I'm early in the game here and coins are an issue so there is no way I am paying half my coins to complete the next level in this quest line. I run into similar problems with most of the other quest lines: at some point, the cost to complete the next step is not worth the final reward.

One thing I do like about this quest line is that you do know what you will win if you finish. I hate the ones where you have a very small chance of winning something good and a big chance of winning something of limited value. The cost to play never pencils out for the most likely prize.... defeat 50 units and donate 260 goods to the treasury for a palm tree? No thanks.

DeletedUser8946

I'll do the Van Gogh questline for the sake of 3 fps a day.. ( 8hr production / 1 fp) Though I must say that it's a lot of work
But I'm not doing this as 7 goods in a day from a 5x4 building (plus coins and population) is NOT worth it.. I can put another Tribal Square and would be most efficient. No thanks, I don't want to see her in my city at all.

DeletedUser7942

Stop with this " Forge of events ". Give us some time to normal playing.
Trite as it may be you can just not do them. Daily Challenge is a never ending constant event do you do DC? I'd be a little surprised if anyone doing DC with any kind of regularity would be complaining about the frequency of events.

DeletedUser7942

I'll do the Van Gogh questline for the sake of 3 fps a day.. ( 8hr production / 1 fp) Though I must say that it's a lot of work
But I'm not doing this as 7 goods in a day from a 5x4 building (plus coins and population) is NOT worth it.. I can put another Tribal Square and would be most efficient. No thanks, I don't want to see her in my city at all.
It's all relative. What may not have any value to you may to someone else. Maybe there are players who don't do GE so then TS would not be for them, maybe they recently started playing and find value in it. It's also really impossible to compare buildings because not everyone has all things available to them at all times like they can just pick and choose what to put down in their cities. Seems so many comments when it comes to event, chest, relic etc. prizes fail to take those dynamics into account.

And really what is a fair comparison? Should it be to find other Special Buildings that provide only Population, Coins and Goods and nothing else since that is all the Menagerie provides? (I admit I don't know off hand all the Special Buildings stats so if I missed one please add);

(LMA Stats per tile, unmotivated coin amount)

Building - Population p/t - Coins p/t - Goods p/t
Menagerie------ 45.1 - 388.50 - 0.50 (it was 0.35 before the change to 10 goods)
Kiosk------------- 00.2 - 278.33 - 0.83
Oasis ------------ 14.3 - 212.50 - 0.42
Tribal Square -- 14.3 - 212.50 - 0.42
Fishing Hut ----- 12.3 - 143.13 - 0.31

Last edited by a moderator:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It's all relative. What may not have any value to you may to someone else. Maybe there are players who don't do GE so then TS would not be for them, maybe they recently started playing and find value in it. It's also really impossible to compare buildings because not everyone has all things available to them at all times like they can just pick and choose what to put down in their cities. Seems so many comments when it comes to event, chest, relic etc. prizes fail to take those dynamics into account.

And really what is a fair comparison? Should it be to find other Special Buildings that provide only Population, Coins and Goods and nothing else since that is all the Menagerie provides? (I admit I don't know off hand all the Special Buildings stats so if I missed one please add);

Well the first relevant comparison is how it does per tile compared to what you can do directly in your age (which i did earlier for HMA for just the population - and it was about the same meaning in the ages where this still holds true it's free goods). My main concern was that since it only just meets that bar, and the only other important bonus is goods you need to one up it every age to maintain its value. 10 goods instead of 7 at least brings it into the same ballpark as lord's manor in terms of their bonus prize valuations (5 goods daily being treated comparably to 1 FP). I'm still not sure if on age up i'd one up it, store it in case i want to later reno it, or just sell it off.

At any rate, an LMA comparison including goods... This should look most favorable around PE through FE as that's when goods take up the most space but the stats for ages above LMA are missing from the wiki still for the menagerie.

Average space for a goods building including half-road on one side : 13.5 squares
Population for a goods building : 580
Population per tile for best nonpremium housing including half-road on one side : 205 / 5 = 41
Happiness per tile for best polished nonpremium cultural including half-road on one side : 1960 / 18 = 108.9
Total squares to support the goods building at enthusisastic : 13.5 + 580 / 41 + 580*1.4 / 108.9 = 35.1

Space-value of 10 free LMA goods a day : 17.6 squares if you run 24 hr goods, 11.7 squares if you run 8 hr goods
Space-value of menagerie population : 902 / 41 = 22 squares

Overall space-value while in LMA of menagerie = 33.7-39.6 squares; actual space taken = 22 squares

Conclusion : If you would build housing and goods buildings of your current age in your city, it is worth having at least until you age up and a significant space saver. On aging up you'll have decisions to make (worth keeping for one more age? worth using a one-up kit on? worth using a store buidling on in case you want it in a later age?)

Main reasons for its unpopularity :
1) People don't care much for goods from event buildings - many min/maxers count on sources other than their own city space for what goods they need such as questing or plundering. As such they value goods from event buildings as an inconsequential perk rather than saving them goods building space.
2) People don't care much for population from event buildings - especially the ones who fill their cities with SoKs and don't need much population.
3) Inno is perhaps overly cautious with population from event buildings not to exceed directly the value you can obtain in an age. I do value population in two out of three of my cities atm but...

My most advanced city spends plenty of space on barracks and barracks need population - more than my level 60 inno tower can provide by itself so i do have some housing. BUT since AF, event building population values have fallen off a cliff (relatively speaking) so things like ziggurats that used to be space savers due to competitive population with free happiness are now space wasters. And being in OF I have/want zero goods buildings of my current age so the added space 'saved' by free goods is nonexistent. The fact that inno has on the other hand also been very liberal with happiness on sets makes the occasional 'free happiness' on a population buildings of less obvious value as well (not relevant to this case, but some other cases)

The other one is a progressing city and frequently flips ages and thus will instead be stuck with the question if this building is worth continually upgrading to keep the population and goods competitive. If the population was actually higher than normal population for the age then at least i could put it off to every 3rd age or something of that sort when the goods it produced became completely unnecessary - as is, it'll either be updated every age or stored after the first one and not placed again until i reach an age i intend to camp - if then.

I would really like to see the population values in higher ages that are still missing from wiki but i guess i'll probably have to wait for it to go live to get that and confirm it's actually worth building (or not) in each of my cities.

Last edited:

OmegaLee

Steward
Anything giving pop is meh for me. Have a level 61 Inno that covers pop nicely.

Unless it turns out better then a tribal square, it probably won't get placed.

It feels like it my be like the Obelisk from Egypt quest that turned out to be a weak SoK.