• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Historical Questline - Genghis Khan

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8316

Hm - so not that I mind, but Summer Event is hitting live before Genghis Khan it appears. Does this mean you're revamping the event somehow? Or just logistics of when you want summer to run made it too hard to squeeze in before it and it'll be after?

My guess would be they'll squeeze it in between Summer and the Apple event (assuming they have another one of those).

DeletedUser

I missed info about Botanical Rotunda giving an attack bonus now? But hey, GREAT CHANGE! :D

DeletedUser9154

Is there any info regarding date of this questline coming to live servers?

DeletedUser8859

Very busy October in live servers,
  • Just finished Fall Event at beginning of the month,
  • Historical Questline - Genghis Khan coming soon.
  • And logically Halloween Event must start before Halloween on 31 October, preferably a week before 31 Oct.

Frankiedk

Squire
THE NERFING WITH NO INFORMATION HAS TO STOP NOW....

Are you COMPLETELY insane again...

I told you after the Tholos missing on daily prizes CRAP change from Beta to Live was not even anywhere close to even being ok, NOW YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN....

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE....

IF YOU NERF THE PRIZES, DO NOT CHANGE THEM BEFORE GOING TO LIVE, UNLESS YOU ARE SURE EVERYBODY KNOWS....

By this i ACTUALLY mean. If you Nerf a Prize, and i've already won it, i WANT A MESSAGE telling me the CRAP HAS BEEN CHANGED, If i have NOT won it yet, i want a MESSAGE telling med the CRAP HAS BEEN CHANGED.

When you make a change like the one this time, it is EXATLY like doing a new Event and not announcing it.

When a new Event comes up on Beta, i look at the prizes, if it/they are NOT interesting TO ME, i spend absolutely no more time on them, so when you then change stuff in the event, and dont tell me about it, you are SERIOUSLY disrespecting ME AND MY TIME, as you are NOT giving me the option to reconsider you Events.

For exactly the same reason i DO NOT have ANY Tholos of Idols, because you changed the rules and didn't announce it.

SO STOP IT... This is 2 informationless nerfs in 3 events....

Last edited by a moderator:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
It's not like it just had a defense boost and that was removed though. It previously gave a defense boost of 3%-6% (depending on era), which was rebalanced to attack boost of 5%-10% (depending on era). The rebalance to an attack boost was announced for Beta here (due to relevance, as the building was not available anywhere else it doesn't make sense to announce it anywhere else).

It was changed before the questline started on live, which means when the questline did start on live you can decide if it's worth going for it or not.

As for daily specials for events, in my memory of years playing the game, those rarely were the same between Beta and live (whether in order or in contents). I would advise taking Beta content with a grain of salt - early testing of new content is nice and fun but usually it's not in any way final and reflective of *exactly* the content you'll see on live. It's Beta, it's WIP and kind of never static, always changing.

DeletedUser8859

Nerfing would have been reducing or removing the original boost without anything else being given. Replacing a boost for another, and in fact giving greater % in the new one, is not within the definition of "nerfing".

We can say it is a different reward and then debate if it is better or more needed than the original, or compare it to other special events rewards like the one received during the Napoleon's event. The change to an attack bonus was requested, debated in Beta partly on the grounds that it was not logical to receive a Defensive bonus reward from an event dedicated to Genghis Khan who was not a ruler famous for defending his territory but on the contrary, by attacking and expanding his domains through almost all Asia. The information about the change was available.