• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Halloween Event 2018

DeletedUser9276

One of those I think:

DeletedUser5097

Pardon my ignorance, but SCP means...?
I'm sorry I should have explaind myself.xd SCP = Special Containment Procedures, but also known
for there slogan: Secure, Contain, Protect. It's indeed a large work of fiction.
This is the YouTube video does explain it the best.
In a nutshell, SCP-foundation is a fictional secret organisation, that is trusted
by goverments worldwide, in order to protect normal fokes for the darkest
things in excistense.

Due the well written way some fokes believe it's a real thing, but it's not more
real than the X-files or other creepy pasta's like Slenderman.

DeletedUser8859

Agree to the Slenderman, a boogeyman "type" of monster/creepy character stalking / abducting kids or teens.

There are similar creepy characters in other cultures like:
  • Boogeyman
  • The Sack Man, El Hombre del Saco or Ropavejero (Spanish speaking countries), Torbalan (Bulgaria),
  • El Coco, El Cuco (odd hairy man, like a peeled coconut) - (Spanish speaking countries),
  • El Cucuy - closet or under the bed hiding monster who kidnaps or eat non obedient kids (Spanish speaking countries),
  • "babau" (or "baubau", "baobao", "bavbav") - tall man wearing a heavy black coat, with a black hood or hat which hides his face - some European countries
  • Butzemann , bussemand or bøhmand, Boeman -gnome-like or other demonic or ghostly appearance - Germany, Norway
  • Many others

DeletedUser9154

Agree to the Slenderman, a boogeyman "type" of monster/creepy character stalking / abducting kids or teens.

There are similar creepy characters in other cultures like:
  • Boogeyman
  • The Sack Man, El Hombre del Saco or Ropavejero (Spanish speaking countries), Torbalan (Bulgaria),
  • El Coco, El Cuco (odd hairy man, like a peeled coconut) - (Spanish speaking countries),
  • El Cucuy - closet or under the bed hiding monster who kidnaps or eat non obedient kids (Spanish speaking countries),
  • "babau" (or "baubau", "baobao", "bavbav") - tall man wearing a heavy black coat, with a black hood or hat which hides his face - some European countries
  • Butzemann , bussemand or bøhmand, Boeman -gnome-like or other demonic or ghostly appearance - Germany, Norway
  • Many others
You forgot The Rake ;)

DeletedUser

The Halloween Event has always been very classical and kind of groteque-romantic.
I don't see how a creature like Slender Man (actually just a stupid internet phenomenon) could fit here.

The Events are made to entertain people and not to frighten them with things that were created to intentionally terrorize people.

DeletedUser7262

since events hit the live server about 3 weeks after it hits BETA let us hope it comes out today (3 OCT) ot tomorrow (4 OCT)

DeletedUser

since events hit the live server about 3 weeks after it hits BETA let us hope it comes out today (3 OCT) ot tomorrow (4 OCT)
Today is a nationwide holiday in Germay. So, no, there will surely be no event start today. :)

DeletedUser5097

The Halloween Event has always been very classical and kind of groteque-romantic.
I don't see how a creature like Slender Man (actually just a stupid internet phenomenon) could fit here.

The Events are made to entertain people and not to frighten them with things that were created to intentionally terrorize people.
The above yeah indeed the movie version was too bad, one of the worst I saw, it wasn't
horror even while it is marked as it, more like a poor B movie.xd
Isn't that the entire idea of Halloween stuff?:p Also I can't imagine some1 be afread for
the Slenderman from the movie.xd

I hope also that Halloween will hit tomorrow Beta, I'm surprised that wasn't relleased
yesterday. We are already in October so Halloween is on the corner.

DeletedUser

I'm not talking about the movie. I'm talking about the images made by this guy to participate at a contest (= origin of Slender Man).

DeletedUser8859

The portraits at the post #6 shows some of the classical monsters that would be great to have, almost completing the group:
  • Lady Ghost? La Llorona (Mexico)?
  • Mad Scientist? bring back the Mad Scientist Lab as a reward?
  • Classical Witch
  • Spectre? Undead Lady? Other kind of Zombie? Lady Death?
  • Wolfman
After finishing the classical monsters from 1950-1960's movies, then we could move to the 1970- 1980's group and add Freddy Krueger, Jason V., Mike Myers, etc. Then consider how to continue.
  • One or two versions of the Boogeyman characters?
  • More recent horror movies characters?
  • Other classical monsters in fairly tales not reaching the cinema yet? Trolls, Gnomes, Evil Fairies?

Devilsangel

Baronet
I'm not real good in all the stream data but those portrait were in the questgivers folder...so I assume not avatars, but who knows, they could be both :) was there ever a jekyll and hyde theme?

DeletedUser5097

I'm not talking about the movie. I'm talking about the images made by this guy to participate at a contest (= origin of Slender Man).
Haha okay that one. Anyways Creep pasta is a bit Halloween like, a bit spooky
story telling.:p

Julian24

Viceroy
HALLOWEEN_A_Loading_Screen_1.jpg

DeletedUser8859

I'm not real good in all the stream data but those portrait were in the questgivers folder...so I assume not avatars, but who knows, they could be both :) was there ever a jekyll and hyde theme?

Forgot about Doctor Henry Jeckyl and Mr. Edward Hyde, surely they should be along the classicals, and no, not yet avatars of them in previous Halloween Events.

Regarding Event Quest Givers avatars being given as rewards for Players avatars we have multiple cases of them in the past:
  • Historical: Cleopatra, Martin Luther King,
  • Spring: Robin Hood, Mariam, Sheriff of Nothinggam,
  • Winter: Frosty the Snow Man costume
  • Many others.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8807

Has anyone got a clue when the H. Event will finally start? I was hoping at least today but Nooo.