• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween 2020

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
It may be possible to get a second House without spending diamonds, with some luck. That would be 14 pieces needed, 4 from the quests and then 10 from the minigame. From the last Halloween event I ended up with 12 pieces in total (1 Level 9 Asylum, 1 Level 1 Asylum, and 2 upgrades), where 3 of those came from the questline (meaning 9 from the minigame), so it isn't out of the realm of possibility. If you get (and complete) enough of the side questlines and couple of the bonus tool sets from completing those questlines, it could happen.

By any means, getting a second one with diamonds would be relatively cheap compared to other events since you will end up with a good amount of extra upgrades.

Is it just me or is this year's event building worst than last year's building? I chose Wolf because of the Atk% for Atk army (comparable to the AA).

All numbers are for Progressive Era)

Abandoned Asylum - 1 pop, -390 happiness, 32,000 coins, 20 goods, 11 FPs, 19% atk for atk army.
House of Horrors (Wolf) - 1087 pop, -190 happiness, 15,300 coins, 2890 supplies, 5 goods, 4 FPs, 9% for atk and def for atk army.

The AA is 25 squares and HoH is 12 squares. If I did the math right, the atk per/sq is 0.76 for AA and 0.75 HoH.

I get better return on the AA than the HoH. Plus Inno will more than likely run the AA kit again during this event.

So, I know what I'm saving my event credits for...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Is it just me or is this year's event building worst than last year's building? I chose Wolf because of the Atk% for Atk army (comparable to the AA).

Abandoned Asylum - 1 pop, -390 happiness, 32,000 coins, 20 goods, 11 FPs, 19% atk for atk army.
House of Horrors (Wolf) - 1087 pop, -190 happiness, 15,300 coins, 2890 supplies, 5 goods, 4 FPs, 9% for atk and def for atk army.

The AA is 25 squares and HoH is 12 squares. If I did the math right, the atk per/sq is 0.76 for AA and 0.75 HoH.

I get better return on the AA than the HoH. Plus Inno will more than likely run the AA kit again during this event.

Edit:

They're about the same (previously posted in agreement, but I realised I was using underaged numbers for the house of horrors)

SAAB comparison:

Abandoned Asylum:
27.5 Squares, 11 FP, 24% Attack
Per Square: 0.40 FP, 0.87% Attack

House of the Wolf:
13.5 Squares, 4 FP, 14% Attack, 14% Defense
Per Square: 0.29 FP, 1.04% Attack, 1.04% Defense

Basically you lose out on FP, gain attack, and also gain some defense for your attacking army. You also may have a decent chance to complete 2 over the course of the event, and have the choice to choose one of the other modes (if for example you don't want to lose out on FP and would rather miss the attack)

More edits: the reason for a different conclusion from your PE numbers is both buildings scale by 1% every 2 ages. But the house is smaller - so it scales better into higher ages in terms of efficiency

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Another observation: you can't see a count on the number of copies of a toy you have left. This may be relevant for determining whether more copies of a particular toy are worth spending tools on or not. (i.e. oh i have 5 of that toy already, i'm probably not going to get through that line that many times anyways)

Edit:

They're about the same (previously posted in agreement, but I realised I was using underaged numbers for the house of horrors)

SAAB comparison:

Abandoned Asylum:

House of the Wolf:

Basically you lose out on FP, gain attack, and also gain some defense for your attacking army. You also may have a decent chance to complete 2 over the course of the event, and have the choice to choose one of the other modes (if for example you don't want to lose out on FP and would rather miss the attack)

More edits: the reason for a different conclusion from your PE numbers is both buildings scale by 1% every 2 ages. But the house is smaller - so it scales better into higher ages in terms of efficiency
I'm not following how you got the 27.5 and 13.5 squares? The AA is 5x5 or 25 squares and the HoH is 3x4 or 12 squares. Thanks for helping me figure out what I'm missing.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I'm not following how you got the 27.5 and 13.5 squares? The AA is 5x5 or 25 squares and the HoH is 3x4 or 12 squares. Thanks for helping me figure out what I'm missing.

For buildings that require road I count half the road length along the short side as part of the size of the building - so for a 5x5 that's half of an additional 5 tiles (since there'll likely be a building on the other side of the road as well that building gets charged for the other half). For a 3x4 that's half of an additional 3 tiles.

There are of course ways to reduce this using corners and termination points but the opportunities for that in a city tend to be limited, so the half-road on one side I find to be useful for making fair comparisons - especially when it comes to small buildings that tend to have a higher road need relative to their space than larger ones. For instance a 2x2 counts as 5 squares instead of 4, a 25% increase. Where the abandoned asylum only gains 2.5 squares/25 or a 10% increase.

CrashBoom

Legend
SAAB comparison:

Abandoned Asylum:

House of the Wolf:

Basically you lose out on FP, gain attack, and also gain some defense for your attacking army.
actually you don't lose FP

you trade FP for attack boost

if a player wants to maximize FP he takes the other final building and gets more FP (per square) than the AA but still more boost
in a comparison AA vs House of Demon: you gain on both (SAAB)

and players who always want more attack boost must pay for it with getting less FP

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
actually you don't lose FP

you trade FP for attack boost

if a player wants to maximize FP he takes the other final building and gets more FP (per square) than the AA but still more boost
in a comparison AA vs House of Demon: you gain on both (SAAB)

and players who always want more attack boost must pay for it with getting less FP

I believe that's what I said :p But thanks for the repetition ;)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
hmm not sure i explained it well, lets try it again, both titles are in fog, both are a misty place, but when you lighting up the first one, the 2nd one changed into an empty slot, before i cleared the first spot it wasnt empty

but yes it can help, even you do not know it was a free spot before, it can ..., sometimes it does not, and you waste a candle
Ah - I think what you mean is that in previous halloween and archaeology events the empty tiles always were shown as empty even if there was no direct path towards them? That indeed might make a difference in a few cases, but overall that should be minimal - imagine, all the empty tiles were just foggy tiles without rewards.

estrid

Baronet
On the eight(?) task, my first attempt to gain happiness was not counted. Then I did the same thing again, and only then it was ticked done

It may be possible to get a second House without spending diamonds, with some luck. That would be 14 pieces needed, 4 from the quests and then 10 from the minigame. From the last Halloween event I ended up with 12 pieces in total (1 Level 9 Asylum, 1 Level 1 Asylum, and 2 upgrades), where 3 of those came from the questline (meaning 9 from the minigame), so it isn't out of the realm of possibility. If you get (and complete) enough of the side questlines and couple of the bonus tool sets from completing those questlines, it could happen.

By any means, getting a second one with diamonds would be relatively cheap compared to other events since you will end up with a good amount of extra upgrades.
Cool :cool:. two wolf houses would be awesome!

I'm not sure how similar this is to the archaeology event, but in that event I got a lvl 11 airship and 2 extra upgrades (13 pieces), without diamonds.
I did get one extra tool set from the side quests. I think with two extra tool sets from the side quests, getting 14 pieces should be possible.

Last edited:

estrid

Baronet
Please can you give me more information on where you saw the digging entrance.

I had the browser window open on the background. When I clicked it active, I saw the event had started and there were the entrance with the bouncing hand. Sometime afterwards (maybe I went to another page in meantime) the entrance was not there. After refresh it came back with the bouncing hand.

podkap1970

Emperor
Ah - I think what you mean is that in previous halloween and archaeology events the empty tiles always were shown as empty even if there was no direct path towards them? That indeed might make a difference in a few cases, but overall that should be minimal - imagine, all the empty tiles were just foggy tiles without rewards.
well you do not see if its empty, because its dark, so you have to use a candle to lighting it up the first tile, than you see the tile is empty, even it wasnt before

it can be usefull if there are 2 dark tile close by and the first one switch into an empty tile, so you do not have to use a 2nd candle

well my experienced i had yesterday, i used/wasted around 5 candles to see if this tile is empty

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
well you do not see if its empty, because its dark, so you have to use a candle to lighting it up the first tile, than you see the tile is empty, even it wasnt before

it can be usefull if there are 2 dark tile close by and the first one switch into an empty tile, so you do not have to use a 2nd candle

well my experienced i had yesterday, i used/wasted around 5 candles to see if this tile is empty

It is a minor nerf to the previous behavior where you could tell which tiles were "free and already cleared if you clear next to them". But it's not catastrophic or anything.

I guess it's a recycled event, like the mechanic but the prizes are crap %. Probably only won one grand prize during the indiana jones event (really wanted that checkmates square), opened 20 pumpkins and didn't receive diddles.

podkap1970

Emperor
It is a minor nerf to the previous behavior where you could tell which tiles were "free and already cleared if you clear next to them". But it's not catastrophic or anything.
no it's not a catastrophic scenario, i only wanted to say it :)

i did level my House of Horrors to lvl 6 already, but i did not see another lvl 1 House of Horrors yet in the Grand Prize List

Edit: my next Grand Prize is Wishing Well Shrink Kit, then another House of Horros Upgrade Kit, and the 3rd Prize (i can see) is again 50 FPs,
so i'm a bit worried, if we even get another lvl 1 House as Grandprize, hmm

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
no it's not a catastrophic scenario, i only wanted to say it :)

i did level my House of Horrors to lvl 6 already, but i did not see another lvl 1 House of Horrors yet in the Grand Prize List

Edit: my next Grand Prize is Wishing Well Shrink Kit, then another House of Horros Upgrade Kit, and the 3rd Prize (i can see) is again 50 FPs,
so i'm a bit worried, if we even get another lvl 1 House as Grandprize, hmm

Maybe it needs to be won as a special? The governor's villa lvl 1 was available on the wheel for summer (even though it was also in the grand prizes so it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me)

CrashBoom

Legend
I can confirm
this is the first event ever where you can't win the base building
only upgrade kits

just kidding

Sinitar

Regent

you can comparate the HoH with the TAC of last year https://prnt.sc/u6qi6q vs https://prnt.sc/u6qjkj