• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Halloween 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7059

Yes, I never did understand why those quests always demands to buy the sectors. Very annoying indeed, Why not just give the quest "Acquire 3 sectors"?

BTW I could better accept such quests, it the other quest "Acquire a sector with fighting" would also exist without alternative.
I agreed with "acquire x sectors" part, but not with "with fighting" alternative.
Buying sectors by goods is possible even if player is on muth higher era map than he actuali is. But is impossible sutch sectors get via fighting.;)

Cardena

Squire
I agreed with "acquire x sectors" part, but not with "with fighting" alternative.
Buying sectors by goods is possible even if player is on muth higher era map than he actuali is. But is impossible sutch sectors get via fighting.;)

Well I did not rush through the map, which means I missed all the extra expansions those who rushed had. I can fight for my sectors. Why am I not allowed to do so?

DeletedUser8277

There speaks someone who has been playing for years.
I have been playing about 6 months, doing very well (overtaking my original guild leaders, then outgrowing the guilds..) but I have only recently managed to play GE4 at all (part learning, part being good enough to be in a guild that even opens that level).

Fountains of Youth are NOT stacking up in my Inventories. Only a week ago, I would have wondered what one even was.
1.5 years on my main. You don't need to be playing for years or even a long time to get into 4. It will take much longer to get the boosts and resources to fight but so long as you've built up your tavern and produce enough goods you can use the tavern boost to negotiate through 4. On beta I've been playing a bit longer than a month and have finished 4 twice. I've only done it when my guild needed it but there is nothing stoping any player from focusing on goods buildings to allow them to negotiate through it every week.

Diamond farms I've never seen the point but nothing stoping a mobile player from creating them. With DC's you now are given a chance to win wishing wells each week. These are just two ways for players to obtain diamonds using strategy. Deciding if it would be worth it to spend those diamonds on expansions (which you only get 2 per era) or complete an objective should they put that in would again be part of a players strategy.

Of course this is speaking of strategies players can use to avoid buying diamonds. I, as one person would not mind buying diamonds and spending reasonable amounts bipassing a quest that would force me to change eras. That is just my point of view on the idea.

They need to be able to make money and if they have some data on hand telling them people spend more money flying through the eras than sitting put then it could make sense why they are so hesitant to let us stay. If money is a factor I could personally understand if they chose to monetize staying put and I would be happy at the chance to pay for the gaming experience I'd prefer. I still think alts should be included.

Inno corrected a long standing problem by offering an alternative to "research a technology" and "scout a province" in recent events. This made players happy. There are no such alternatives in the Halloween event. Why?
Events should be fun and profitable but not force players to move to the next era or to scout provinces that are not available. As a result, I will not participate in two of my live cities.

DeletedUser8341

The quests are the same type. No change.
You know that some (no matter which) event start. So you buy more blacksmith, you can delete some units and start trainig, you can stop motivate players and visiting taverns untill the event start. You can spend some fp to research but not unlock it.
Because in all events are quest to recruits unit, scout province, research, donate, complete production, motivate or polish, win batles, vists taverns.
If you do that, that only complete some production can be time barrier.
But if you have 20 production buildings (a lot balcksmith) you can start 8x 8h production, 8x 4h production and other will let incative to 5min or 15 min productin.
So if first come guest to complete 8 or 4 h production you have quest complete earlier.
In many events you can complete a lot quest at first day, because there are eazy quests like spend XY fp, get XY coins or suplies, visit XY taverns, motivate or polish 20 buildings and other eazy quest.

I do not have to know the quests before event start and I can prepare.

FoE is strategy game so events require some strategy to. And my strategy is be prepared for events. I'm not hardcore player I play for fun so I do not try how fast I can complete all quest but. After 5 days I have complete 25 quests that is 5 quest per day.

I'm working so I have short time to play at midday and some small time at evening.
I play on 3 worlds (include beta) and I haven't any problem to complete any event at all worlds.
And I translate quests anw news from here (beta) for guild members in my main world.
And I have personal life to. FoE is not my life. But I know how to play and how to make it easier.
Very interesting. Also, almost totally irrelevant but I won't bother continuing discussing this with someone who thinks their slow rate of 5 per day is any indication of the ease in doing the whole questline in 2 days.

DeletedUser8277

Because they choose to? It baffles me as well for BA don't get me wrong, but all players should have the opportunity to complete questlines that Inno throws at us, regardless of their choice of gameplay.
I have to disagree with the BA thing. I'm a firm advocate for taking time and staying put in an era while you work on things for every where except Bronze.
When you finish the stone age tutorial you are then put into a bronze age hood. You don't know a whole lot about the game yet. When I made my beta city I knew the game but sure enough was attacked relentlessly in BA. I knew it would get better as I built myself up. How is a brand new to the game player supposed to know that? They don't so they quit.

We have hours old cities and players being attacked by bronze age veterans. I support everything this game does to limit the staying in BA. It does not make any business sense to foster an environment where fresh out of the tutorial people are being turned away from the game.

I'm sure not every person lingering in bronze is a bully and there just to kick the teeth out of the noobies. But I can see zero reason the game should encourage it. You do nothing for your guild, you can't contribute to anyone else. I also question how bronze players are acquiring these GBs. If you cannot put your FP on their buildings to pay for the goods then how are you getting the goods? I doubt they are paying millions of diamonds for them. Trading up from bronze would take forever. I think the game needs to investigate how these people who can't contribute to GBs are getting these goods and getting other people to contribute to theirs. Maybe there's a logical answer but I can't think of one within the rules of the game.

As for them saying how they play shouldn't affect anyone else, it does. People staying in BA are giving a bad reputation to anyone who stays behind in other eras or gets GBs beyond their age. No one else is parking outside the starting gate waiting to mug the noobies that walk through. For all the posts about BA sitters not a single one I've seen has talked about why they do it and how they got their GBs. So for secret reasons using secret means they should be catered to and allowed to turn brand new players away from the game. None of that sits right with me.

DeletedUser8341

If you cannot put your FP on their buildings to pay for the goods then how are you getting the goods? I doubt they are paying millions of diamonds for them. Trading up from bronze would take forever. I think the game needs to investigate how these people who can't contribute to GBs are getting these goods and getting other people to contribute to theirs. Maybe there's a logical answer but I can't think of one within the rules of the game.
What I have heard is that players with many cities (on many servers) will make cross-world agreements. "You do this for me on this world, I will do that for you on that world." Whether that is legal, I don't know; it isn't something I consider good for the game and so won't do it.

As to your general point that sitting in Bronze Age is not something to be encouraged I agree. Some basic parts of the game are only enabled in Iron Age and considering the ease of getting there, that's not a problem.

DeletedUser8277

What I have heard is that players with many cities (on many servers) will make cross-world agreements. "You do this for me on this world, I will do that for you on that world." Whether that is legal, I don't know; it isn't something I consider good for the game and so won't do it.
If that is in fact what they are doing then that is against the game rules. Any way I've tried to imagine acquiring things like AO in bronze is either a ton of diamonds or against game rules. It is certainly possible they have found some way to do it within the rules. I'm pretty familiar with acquiring advanced aged GBs and I can't think of a way within the rules of the game when you're unable to trade FP for it and only have BA goods to trade up. A BA sitter might be able to enlighten us but in all the posts I've seen from them they seem to dodge all questions about the how and the why.

DeletedUser7059

Well I did not rush through the map, which means I missed all the extra expansions those who rushed had. I can fight for my sectors. Why am I not allowed to do so?
If that suits you, its only your think. But why you should push to this stupid tactic everyone else?

DeletedUser8490

I think the game needs to investigate how these people who can't contribute to GBs are getting these goods and getting other people to contribute to theirs.
Greetings,
Getting goods: Trading, trading, trading...
Getting blueprints: Pushing the 'aid button' 250 times a day.
Does anyone helps me: no.
Why do I like it: It's not main stream.
Why do I know how it works? I have towns on 5 servers. This BA-town is my favourite.

And again:
This is the feedback to the Halloween 2017 discussion. Do I have to stay silent?
Do I want an easier quest? No. I just recommend:
Change 'donate X goods either from your current era or the era below to the guild treasury'
to 'donate X goods from the era below yours or higher to the guild treasury'.
And I would like to emphasise, that quest like:
'Research a techonology' and
'Have the first difficulty in Guild Expedition solved'
are impossible for my play style. What You do with my feed back is up to you! And my comment that I appreciate the nice quest interface as well as the Jack'o was not ironical.

Best Regards
___________________________________________________________________________________
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?attachments/ba-town-jpg.2723/

DeletedUser

What I have heard is that players with many cities (on many servers) will make cross-world agreements.

Cross world trading is strictly prohibited by our rules.

Inno corrected a long standing problem by offering an alternative to "research a technology" and "scout a province" in recent events. This made players happy. There are no such alternatives in the Halloween event. Why?

It was stated that we would be offering some alternatives in future quests and see how it worked. I don't recall us ever stating we would offer alternatives on all quests, or in all historical quest lines and events.

There often seems to be a misconception that all prizes in all events and quest lines should be easily attainable by all, and that is simply not the case. What makes some of these prizes unique is that not everyone has them, and they are difficult to gain.

Years ago everyone wanted Rogue Hideouts, including myself. However, it took me several events and over a year before I got my first one. I don't think that the fact it was that difficult to gain means that it needed to be made easier.

Personally I think some event quests should take players out of their comfort zone, and even away from their normal play style. Because everyone still has the right to choose not to do them, no one is being forced to do anything.
I don't expect my opinion to be very popular here, but it doesn't make the points any less valid.

DeletedUser8150

There often seems to be a misconception that all prizes in all events and quest lines should be easily attainable by all, and that is simply not the case. What makes some of these prizes unique is that not everyone has them, and they are difficult to gain.

Years ago everyone wanted Rogue Hideouts, including myself. However, it took me several events and over a year before I got my first one. I don't think that the fact it was that difficult to gain means that it needed to be made easier.

Personally I think some event quests should take players out of their comfort zone, and even away from their normal play style. Because everyone still has the right to choose not to do them, no one is being forced to do anything.
I don't expect my opinion to be very popular here, but it doesn't make the points any less valid.

If anything Zarok, and it might make me unpopular, its become too easy to get almost everything now. Like you when I first started it took me a lot of effort to get certain event buildings like the hideout or wishing wells. Now events seem too easy.

DeletedUser5160

Cross world trading is strictly prohibited by our rules.

It was stated that we would be offering some alternatives in future quests and see how it worked. I don't recall us ever stating we would offer alternatives on all quests, or in all historical quest lines and events.

Zarok,

What is grinding my gears is once again the scouting times and the researching a tech. Someone who has to scout a sector and has no alternative in the AF and OF sectors has to wait up to 3 days for a scout to finish and during the final... let's say 3 days of the event, a user may not be able to finish it. It is very obvious this is a diamond grab. There is nothing difficult about researching tech, but if we age up, it makes future events difficult because we may not have the "Goods from the current age" to donate to complete future alternatives or enough goods to finish future research.

I feel confused and betrayed. InnoGames buttered us up with what seemed like a sensible understanding of the players' situation and then they go around and do this to us.

DeletedUser8150

Zarok,

What is grinding my gears is once again the scouting times and the researching a tech. Someone who has to scout a sector and has no alternative in the AF and OF sectors has to wait up to 3 days for a scout to finish and during the final... let's say 3 days of the event, a user may not be able to finish it. It is very obvious this is a diamond grab.

I have no idea - would be interesting to know where people spend their diamonds - but do with rare exceptions people actually use them on scouting. I'd certainly like an alternative. Even outside of events its tiresome when it take me an hr to fight a province but nearly 3 days between chances to fight.

Lionhead

Baronet
Zarok,

What is grinding my gears is once again the scouting times and the researching a tech. Someone who has to scout a sector and has no alternative in the AF and OF sectors has to wait up to 3 days for a scout to finish and during the final... let's say 3 days of the event, a user may not be able to finish it. It is very obvious this is a diamond grab. There is nothing difficult about researching tech, but if we age up, it makes future events difficult because we may not have the "Goods from the current age" to donate to complete future alternatives or enough goods to finish future research.

I feel confused and betrayed. InnoGames buttered us up with what seemed like a sensible understanding of the players' situation and then they go around and do this to us.

When OF1 was first released the scouting time was closing in on 3 days. As a result of feedback regarding scouting times of that duration during Historical Questlines lasting 8 days. The scouting time was brought down considerably. I´m pretty sure I haven´t since come across scouting time beyond 2 days / 48 hrs.
If you prepare yourself the scouting time shouldn´t be a problem. And if someone should get caught by surprise by the appearance of an event or Historical Questline, then use the diamond "rush-to-finish" option. Money grab?
Then the introduction of GE was an anti money grab?
Everyone who finishes lvl 4 on a regular basis should get through a week with more diamonds than he/she had in the beginning of that week. Enough to easily cover the cost on that rare occassion where you have to rush your scout.
I know I haven´t bought nearly as many diamonds as I used to since GE came along. This of course is seen from a fighters perspective. I only negotiate 3 encounters of 64.

DeletedUser5160

When OF1 was first released the scouting time was closing in on 3 days. As a result of feedback regarding scouting times of that duration during Historical Questlines lasting 8 days. The scouting time was brought down considerably. I´m pretty sure I haven´t since come across scouting time beyond 2 days / 48 hrs.
If you prepare yourself the scouting time shouldn´t be a problem. And if someone should get caught by surprise by the appearance of an event or Historical Questline, then use the diamond "rush-to-finish" option. Money grab?
Then the introduction of GE was an anti money grab?
Everyone who finishes lvl 4 on a regular basis should get through a week with more diamonds than he/she had in the beginning of that week. Enough to easily cover the cost on that rare occassion where you have to rush your scout.
I know I haven´t bought nearly as many diamonds as I used to since GE came along. This of course is seen from a fighters perspective. I only negotiate 3 encounters of 64.

I'm on A World Live on US Server top 40 at the end of the tech tree. I know what I can do.... I have seen a 2 day scouting time.

trayk

Steward
After all the work in previous events in eliminating forced advancement. Blam, take sectors, do research. Oh well, no Tower for me. I wont break my play style plan just for an event reward. :(:mad::(:mad:

DeletedUser8277

On live I'm up to the PE boat. Since the CA boat did not count as scouting a province in order to complete this I would need to send the boat, wait a day and a half then scout wait another day and a half. So that's 3 out of the 14 days given for the event. I wouldn't have played ahead but I wanted to get the other RQ giver and I thought I wouldn't need to rely on keeping my CMap clear because we had alternatives now.

On beta it looks like I'll be able to complete this I had an old tech. On live I don't know because going ahead in my Cmap also means going ahead in my storyline and I don't want to lose not just my second but all RQs.

@Zarok Dai is that in any way a question you'd be able to answer? I know it's about live and not beta but if I'm currently at the end of the INA story line, if I cross that bridge to the PE story line (while still being in INA, actually several techs away from PE) do I lose the ability to have INA RQs, both or either of them? Will I be given a bunch of side quests I cannot complete until I progress into PE? What happens if you're an era ahead on your CMap and your story line than your tech tree?

I'd really like to try to play this when it hits live but I don't know if playing it and scouting ahead would mess up my entire game.