• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Guild war - Age of war

conqueror9

Regent
This is not bug report < bug report report some problem of running >

This just give some suggestion and comments only.

Currently
Guild war under testing are using Iron-age soldiers

i suppose
when it implement in game world, i hope it would be there are will have different continent map (differnet continent map , different age ) < only unqiue age soldier is allowed in a guild war- continent map>

it is good to restrict the age of soldier that can be used, then guild war are fair bewteen each guilds. Unless the map is big,

However
most of the high level player has already
(a) delete the iron-age barracks, as a result, player need to find a room to build barracks again , the worst is, 5 type of barracks
(b) delete the iron-age goods buildings, player need to re-build iron-age goods building

currently, the iron-age goods's amount used to deploy to attack or house-into-sector-for-defending are too large
i hope next testing , amount can be reduced it, reducing "the use of iron age goods" will allow more war to be conducted and tests to be crried out
honestly, i already run out of iron age goods even i have 4 boosted iron-age goods building producing
when it is implement in game world, those goods amount can be raised. But for beta testing, it shoudl be reduced. The spirit of testing, is to ask more player to test rather than restrict the entry with "amount of iron age goods".

For the required iron age goods
i would suggest, in next guild -war testing, please provide free iron age goods daily during testing so that more players can jump in to test guild war.

if guild war require us to re-build another age barrack, but we do not have area in game world. Therefore, i would suggest
when guild war implement in game world, those guild war's required guild-war-barrack should auto assign to player w/o building and place at a corner o/s our current city. We still need to pay to recruit but we do not need to demolish our highest age building to free room and those recruit guild-war-barrack-soldier cannot be used in our city except guild war. But we can use those "recruit soldier in city" to involve in guild war. It means if some player are willing to demolish their high age building to fit lower age barrack in, he can use that method to supply additional soldiers in guild war.

The current test showing there is a hugh demand of iron-age goods. Whatever age of guild war in game world, those goods amount are hugh. If developer has fixed the age of guild war, it is better to advice game world's player to prepare those goods in advances. Otherwise, lack of goods
will spoil guild war / fun of players.... As far as i remember, it takes 0.5 days with 5 different boosted goods building to produce sufficient goods to launch attack and take days to raise 5 different boosted goods to house a defending army to defend sector. Currently, i cannot launch attack or house any defending army to help guild member to defend sector in guild war due to super shortage of goods.

DeletedUser1153

Thank you for your response Conquer. As you have stated in an earlier post, our guild members do not seem to be able to donate goods to the armies unless they supply the army. At present we are having to trade goods to one person to have them supply the army.

Stingy

Squire
My 2 cents about the guild war, at this moment:

Too costly - be it in goods, troops and/or diamonds.
Also the values do not really add up... You place 1 army in a sector. When that sector is being attacked by another guild, they - the attacker(s) - needs to attack 10 times to defeat your 1 army. So, having 8 armies in there... Again costs are rising very high (time to rebuild the troops) - even with an Alcatraz at your disposal.

I do understand that it is a 'guild' war and that a lot of players from the guild need to be involved, but you simply cannot force all members to participate (at this rate) and on this beta, most of the guilds are made up of people in (very) different timezones... Again not such a good idea in relation to the 'guild' thing. So is boils now down to only a few active player and a lot of 1 person fighting... Even the 2000 and 6000 diamonds received can be very quickly used up. Either reviving your attack armies and towards the goods that are simply not available.

So, as it is now, it is too expensive in any way you look at it. This needs much more balancing

Last edited:

conqueror9

Regent
Stingy

i think so
i even do not have goods to support to test
moreover, i do not have any more area to build barracks to play that quild wars

it is no fun in guild war if u do not have Alcatraz
goods is 1 of the bug probelms, it will burnt all your goods , then terminate
this is not the big issues

the big problem is "the area for erecting barracks for guild war"
u just cannot afford to demolish your building in order to change to barrack to recruit soldiers for guild war
For a age, u have 5 kind of soldier, each type require 1 barrack
but u need doube barrack, that 2 X 5 barracks = 10 barracks
so that u can just 8 horse to kill "range" soldier...
every battles has to use different type of soldiers
the replacement rate of soldier is also governed by those barracks

DeletedUser1264

Yep, it needs to be made more success-oriented to motivate people to continue with the GvG.
And presumably some sort of aim or reward will be involved, not just taking over hexes.

DeletedUser3944

I don't think it is too expensive. My guild gained 10 sectors, although we are now down to 8, almost fully defended. We have only a handful of active fighters, although more members participate less frequent and with goods supply. None of us have completely rebuilt our towns, although the active fighters have built a rater large number of barracks (I have 16 myself, I think). This number might be a challenge in a later age, if you wanted to keep progressing in other areas, but then again nobody says every guild should be able to take 10 sectors, and guilds in a normal World should have more members and more active members than here. Also, taking a fewer sectors in multiple provinces might be cheaper?
I think it is too early to conclude that it is too expensive.

BestWarrior

Baronet
So far, we don't know what kind of rewards will be given in the future. Looking at this, it's really too expensive, specialy regarding the goods. one of my first conclusions till now: the focus of a guild must be only 1 or 2 maps, not more than this. Even so, troops and goods for 2 maps won't be a easy job to manage.
We can't forget the Modern Age is about to come. If the Guild Wars arrive in the normal servers in the end of this month or beginning of December and the new age 1 month later, there will be almost no goods for the tech tree...