• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Guild war - Age of war

conqueror9

Regent
This is not bug report < bug report report some problem of running >

This just give some suggestion and comments only.

Currently
Guild war under testing are using Iron-age soldiers

i suppose
when it implement in game world, i hope it would be there are will have different continent map (differnet continent map , different age ) < only unqiue age soldier is allowed in a guild war- continent map>

it is good to restrict the age of soldier that can be used, then guild war are fair bewteen each guilds. Unless the map is big,

However
most of the high level player has already
(a) delete the iron-age barracks, as a result, player need to find a room to build barracks again , the worst is, 5 type of barracks
(b) delete the iron-age goods buildings, player need to re-build iron-age goods building

currently, the iron-age goods's amount used to deploy to attack or house-into-sector-for-defending are too large
i hope next testing , amount can be reduced it, reducing "the use of iron age goods" will allow more war to be conducted and tests to be crried out
honestly, i already run out of iron age goods even i have 4 boosted iron-age goods building producing
when it is implement in game world, those goods amount can be raised. But for beta testing, it shoudl be reduced. The spirit of testing, is to ask more player to test rather than restrict the entry with "amount of iron age goods".

For the required iron age goods
i would suggest, in next guild -war testing, please provide free iron age goods daily during testing so that more players can jump in to test guild war.

if guild war require us to re-build another age barrack, but we do not have area in game world. Therefore, i would suggest
when guild war implement in game world, those guild war's required guild-war-barrack should auto assign to player w/o building and place at a corner o/s our current city. We still need to pay to recruit but we do not need to demolish our highest age building to free room and those recruit guild-war-barrack-soldier cannot be used in our city except guild war. But we can use those "recruit soldier in city" to involve in guild war. It means if some player are willing to demolish their high age building to fit lower age barrack in, he can use that method to supply additional soldiers in guild war.

The current test showing there is a hugh demand of iron-age goods. Whatever age of guild war in game world, those goods amount are hugh. If developer has fixed the age of guild war, it is better to advice game world's player to prepare those goods in advances. Otherwise, lack of goods
will spoil guild war / fun of players.... As far as i remember, it takes 0.5 days with 5 different boosted goods building to produce sufficient goods to launch attack and take days to raise 5 different boosted goods to house a defending army to defend sector. Currently, i cannot launch attack or house any defending army to help guild member to defend sector in guild war due to super shortage of goods.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
This in alpha stage, this is why only Iron Age is available, the actual completed version will include separate map areas for each age, as well as one sector free-for-all (not age restricted).

Regarding the goods, they are a large amount but they're intended to come from a guild, not just a single person, so if you work together with other guildmates then the numbers aren't going to be extremely high. They will if you want to acquire many sectors and defend all, but it is supposed to be hard to do this.

DeletedUser1264

Regarding the goods, they are a large amount but they're intended to come from a guild, not just a single person, so if you work together with other guildmates then the numbers aren't going to be extremely high. They will if you want to acquire many sectors and defend all, but it is supposed to be hard to do this.

Cool. So where do guildmates amass their goods so that the costs aren't all coming from one player's stockpiles?

DeletedUser2752

I guess each good has to be fully paid for by one guildie since the bug I reported (about how you can't donate a portion of a (specific) good to a slot i.e. you can't donate all your 24 iron if the cost to unlock the slot is at least 25 iron) was deleted. In this case, I wish there was a storage system for guilds for this specific feature. Also, I also want the timer to run on 23 hours or else the guilds that are awake when the time resets will have an advantage every day :(

Last edited by a moderator:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Cool. So where do guildmates amass their goods so that the costs aren't all coming from one player's stockpiles?

You don't amass them, every player simply contributes. I've unlocked slots I can where available, now I'm unlocking just the bits that I have a bonus for since I ran out of the other goods types. Discuss where and when you attack next so that the players are prepared and can swiftly work together to make progress. While having a "guild stockpile" for goods sounds lovely, it also sounds like it would make things too easy --- everyone would give in what they can and then a single player would be able to use those to do as they wish. That would eliminate most of the teamwork here.

DeletedUser1264

I guess each good has to be fully paid for by one guildie since the bug I reported (about how you can't donate a portion of a (specific) good to a slot) was deleted. In this case, I wish there was a storage system for guilds for this specific feature. Also, I also want the timer to run on 23 hours or else the guilds that are awake when the time resets will have an advantage every day :(

Those are both good ideas. The lack of a "guild goods pool" and a "guild troop pool" undermines the teamwork aspects of this pretty badly.

DeletedUser1264

You don't amass them, every player simply contributes.

Contributes how? I have goods, but no military boosts. How do I contribute my goods to the player who's actually going into the fray - just by trading with him/her? Why is that "teamwork"?

conqueror9

Regent
mink

when u view sector, just remove your army and go to seigh army, use your goods to unlock and leave the room for your guild mate to palce seigh army

similarly , u can unlock defndnng slot with your goods w/o placing army, let your guild amte place army there

conqueror9

Regent
my guild run out of iron age goods

I think the current iron age goods requirement is no good for testing
it is eating a lot of iorn age goods
we have demolish some building to re-erect iron-age goods and barracks

In short
you cannot ask us to test but
at the same time, those iron age goods and space for iorn-age barrack has limited our involvemne tin the test

while testing in the beta world
those goods requirement and space for barrack should be released for beta world, so that we can get more involvement

u can tightly it up in game world...
but in beta world, at current test ( not the final test ), release it for more beta-world to get it to test those guild war features

DeletedUser1153

There is also a choice to pay for goods with diamonds but it says the diamonds need to come from the guilds treasury. Where is the guilds treasury and how does one contribute to that? It won't accept an individuals diamonds.

DeletedUser1264

You don't amass them, every player simply contributes.

Now that I've had a chance to set a siege army, I see there is supposed to be a "guild treasury" that presumably we'll all be able to contribute to - which is what I mean by amassing goods for besieging armies. It's clearly simply not been implemented yet.

paying for siege.jpg

There is also a choice to pay for goods with diamonds but it says the diamonds need to come from the guilds treasury. Where is the guilds treasury and how does one contribute to that? It won't accept an individuals diamonds.

To me it doesn't look like diamonds need to come from the guild treasury - maybe it won't take your diamonds if you have the goods in your personal stocks, like I do in the screencapture above? Or maybe that function hasn't been implemented yet, or maybe you should report it as a bug.

Last edited by a moderator:

conqueror9

Regent
I have no objection to the amount of goods that game developer wish player to pay in order to join the guild war

But in the beta world,
I am sure, our guild-mates are currently quiting the guild-war 1 by 1
reason of quit : they run out of iron-age goods, time to recruit soldier back

This test, currently, has totally reflect ( inside our guild, it may also reflect in game world in future when implmented )
Player cannot afford to pay those extensive demand in goods and time in waiting

1st : amount and use of goods
(a) the amount of goods should be justified, at least, a big reduction for beta-tester, it is now become a barrier to beta-tester to go to test. Although we are told , goods should come from guild, but we are dried out even we change our current goods building to current guild-war ( iron-age ) requirement.
(b) Although we can use goods to open slot for my hood-mate to place defending army. However, we cannot only open the attack-slot for hood-mate to go to attack. We place the goods only when we provide army to attack.

2nd : area
(a) we are currently convert our city building to build iron-age barrack / iron age goods building. I do not think game developer will think player has un-used area in their city. Every type of soldier has a special type of bonus to hit another type of soldier. We are talking to provide 5 type of barracks in a city. The area for 5 type of barrack is hugh. It means player has to demolish some building and erect those barracks / goods building . Thereofre , area for barrack/good buildings will be a very problematic issues. Because i need to provide those area, i stop my city development by building barracks and extra iron-age good sbuildings to help.
(b) The full version will have different continent map with each map unique in 1 -age. This also limited player to get involve in guild war. If player try to particvipate in 2 ages, it means he need to build 10 barracks ( 5 in 1 age, another 5 in another age ) and 4 type of boosted goods. That is a terrible area requirement.
A guild only has 80 guild member when it is full. how can we sub-divide a guild into several groups each handling a specific age.

To resolve the required area, i still wish game developer to consider the idea of "Guild war barracks"
(i) place guild war-barrack inside "Guild -war continent map" w/o affecting player city. Each player has his own Guild-war barracks. He cannot use it in his own city and those soldier can only be used to defend or attack in guild war continent map.
(ii) player still need to place cost (coins/supplies ) to build barrack from "Iron age" to "current age" so he can involve "as < many ages> as he like "
(iii) player still need to diamond to open the fifth slot of barrack. However, it is better to allow a barrack can produce more than 5 soldiers. The demand of soldier is find very extensive.. It looks to me, 8-10 soldiers should be ok. After placing 1 seigh army and another 2 army can go to attack.
(iv) the recruit time should be reduced or "allowing 2 soldiers to be recruited simulataneously"

I am looking foreward to see
those improvements in the next test to help me to get more involvment in "Guild war"
Player come to play and wish to enjoy. Endless waiting and hugh entry fee (goods) will spoil the fun. I have seen a lot of complaints inside our guild.
Please be considered and make the game more enjoyable.

DeletedUser2752

(b) The full version will have different continent map with each map unique in 1 -age. This also limited player to get involve in guild war. If player try to particvipate in 2 ages, it means he need to build 10 barracks ( 5 in 1 age, another 5 in another age ) and 4 type of boosted goods. That is a terrible area requirement.
A guild only has 80 guild member when it is full. how can we sub-divide a guild into several groups each handling a specific age.
I disagree with this part. Mainly because I think that is the whole part of guild wars: to divide your guild into several parts, each working on an age and teaming up to destroy other guilds, BUT I think this is also a problem as this discourages small guilds to compete with larger guilds. My solution to this is have the guild's defense boost be a (indirect) ratio between the number of guild members and defensive boost they have.

DeletedUser1153

OK. Big question: What is determining the defensive bonus? I can see the offensive bonus is related to those attacking. We have no defensive bonus but the fort we have taken is showing a ?75% defensive bonus. Am I reading this correctly? What does the sword icon mean?

There are a lot of rules we are left to explore by ourselves. This is what the game was like when I joined over a year ago. It would help if there were a full rule book.

DeletedUser2752

Defensive bonuses are reflected on the amount of defensive GBs you have in your city if I remember correctly

conqueror9

Regent
OK. Big question: What is determining the defensive bonus? I can see the offensive bonus is related to those attacking. We have no defensive bonus but the fort we have taken is showing a ?75% defensive bonus. Am I reading this correctly? What does the sword icon mean?

There are a lot of rules we are left to explore by ourselves. This is what the game was like when I joined over a year ago. It would help if there were a full rule book.

We do not have a full rule book

but i think

you attack sector, your army's attacking and defending bonus is governed by your GB

The sector's army 's attacking and defending bonus is either coming from
(a) army provider's GB or
(b) power of that sector

DeletedUser1153

We do not have a full rule book

but i think

you attack sector, your army's attacking and defending bonus is governed by your GB

The sector's army 's attacking and defending bonus is either coming from
(a) army provider's GB or
(b) power of that sector

So what does that number by the sword icon mean? Is that the defensive bonus? Is it capped? We just started here in beta and have no defensive GBs yet I've got a 75 next to the sword on the territories we have taken.

And I sure would like a full rule book. It's funny. I started this game over a year ago when there really weren't any rules. I mean, it took me almost a month before I could even figure out how to move buildings. The guild forum was a blessing but everyone was experimenting to figure it out. Guess that's what we'll have to do here but if we could have an explanation of icons and most of all, what are the rewards going to be? You don't get points for doing these guild battles, medals are not worth it, I'm sure one isn't going to give diamonds so what kind of rewards is one getting? If it's not worth it, guild wars will die on the vine.

DeletedUser3944

I think the defense bonus is intended to be based on defensive GB's etc, but for the time being a simpler scheme has been implemented: You get 75% in the HQ, 50% in adjacent sectors, and 25% in sectors that are two sectors from the HQ.

conqueror9

Regent
So what does that number by the sword icon mean? Is that the defensive bonus? Is it capped? We just started here in beta and have no defensive GBs yet I've got a 75 next to the sword on the territories we have taken.

And I sure would like a full rule book. It's funny. I started this game over a year ago when there really weren't any rules. I mean, it took me almost a month before I could even figure out how to move buildings. The guild forum was a blessing but everyone was experimenting to figure it out. Guess that's what we'll have to do here but if we could have an explanation of icons and most of all, what are the rewards going to be? You don't get points for doing these guild battles, medals are not worth it, I'm sure one isn't going to give diamonds so what kind of rewards is one getting? If it's not worth it, guild wars will die on the vine.

If a secror have nothing there, nothing is happen

If it get a symbol of 2 swords cross each other, that sector is currently attacking by other guild

If it get a blank "shilel", that sector is currently capture by other guild and going to have a 24 hour cool-down period ( no attack is allowed )

I think that is the questions u ask, if it yes, the above is answer

There is no rule book because guild war is a new features. We are in beta server. Game developer testing thing in there .if it is ok, then they will release to game world for all player to play
we help to test those things ...of course, we have special benefits in beta server... like they give 2000 diamond to help us to test guild war...

If u play in game world, when u attack, u will see your soldier carrying a symbol indiciting he get bonus from GB. Similarly enemy also get a symbol if they have bonus.
Game world, u attack some thing ( a player or sector), u just kill him once, then "u win"
in Guild war, similary u win, but it is not the end, enemy will re-alive...u need to "w win" 10 times in order to completely "winning-kill that defendign army"

Guild war is a new features, they are testing the concept of "how to attack" and "how to defend"
when those things are fixed and they pass to game world, they will tell u the reward of guild war.. currently, they test the methodlology only...
no rewards are mentioned...

but in beta world, u already get 2000 diamond...so what do u expected ....
and if u provide good comment for them about any bug, u may get diamond reward in game world....so what do u expected...

For me, honestly speaking
they say it is alpha test...so there will have another guild war testing
i am expecting and waiting that test will give another 2000 or more diamond (shhhhhhhhhhhhhh)

DeletedUser2752

I think the defense bonus is intended to be based on defensive GB's etc, but for the time being a simpler scheme has been implemented: You get 75% in the HQ, 50% in adjacent sectors, and 25% in sectors that are two sectors from the HQ.
I've seen different numbers in different sectors, but it does seem like you are getting somewhere