• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Vs. Guild Improvements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser5135

I don't believe I read this from jovada. Must be a joke or some else logged into your account. What happened with 2 cheaters that can beat 5-6 players on 10 battles sector? Ah, they don't need to play on recalculation anymore and use ̶s̶k̶i̶l̶l̶ cheats, they can play ̶a̶s̶ ̶u̶s̶u̶a̶l̶ fair now. :D
That is, Inno did not find other ways to deal with clickers?
It turned out to be easier to turn everything upside down :)
Of course, why ...

lorenzo75

Merchant
Once per calculation time frame.4 times in 24 hours (example: 02:00, 08:00, 14:00, 21:00)

The time frame are 3,
why is it possible to move the qg 4 times?
Do you expect to put 4 recalculations rather than 3?

DeletedUser7959

That is, Inno did not find other ways to deal with clickers?
It turned out to be easier to turn everything upside down :)
I told already, these changes aren't in favor of big guilds with a lot of sectors. But at the same time, they're good. The thing that a few players just having time to enter at this particular range 7:55-8:20 to re-conquer a few sectors, lock 20-60% of the territory and go sleep is a joke. I can appreciate their efforts in doing that successfully, but not at all this "strategy" as healthy gameplay.
The next step is to make defense worth it and we are good to go.

DeletedUser9056

I am not so concerned about Point farming, but another reason for releasing sectors is to re-shield after reset or exchange with friendly Guilds.
Since the intention is not to gain easy points but provide a defensive strategy, the units should not be unnaturally interfered with.

This can also cause problems with lower aged players that are assisting in AA.
There are low-age farmers in AA that use FE,TE, etc... units. This will disqualify them from AA participation.

I vote NO to injecting random units. Players should spend the units needed to defend and also maintain the units for battle.
Otherwise, you cheat stronger and more generous players by replacing strong armies with random garbage.

DeletedUser9056

I told already, these changes aren't in favor of big guilds with a lot of sectors. But at the same time, they're good. The thing that a few players just having time to enter at this particular range 7:55-8:20 to re-conquer a few sectors, lock 20-60% of the territory and go sleep is a joke. I can appreciate their efforts in doing that successfully, but not at all this "strategy" as healthy gameplay.

Could you imagine if every Guild could set their own reset time like it is for Daily Challenge?
It would make for some interesting strategies.

DeletedUser

I vote NO to injecting random units. Players should spend the units needed to defend and also maintain the units for battle.
Otherwise, you cheat stronger and more generous players by replacing strong armies with random garbage.
hey, you voted on wrong information.
randomizing currently works like this: you put in 8 future era units, release the sector -> 8 random units of the same age (future era) are replaced. let's say you put in 4 iron age and 4 space age units -> releasing leads to 4 random iron age units and 4 random space age units.
so please think and vote again.

i vote YES on this change.

DeletedUser5135

Not certainly in that way. Big and strong guilds will be big and strong, but their interest in GvG will disappear. Because the team principle of the game is lost.
There is no point in holding many sectors, spending goods and time on their defense, knowing that the team will not be able to gather 3 times a day, which means that the sectors will be lost.

DeletedUser10247

I think, some Top-Guilds will change their holding sectors to become a pirate-guild, perhaps not in all ages, depending on the guild treasure.

1BFA

Viceroy
hey, you voted on wrong information.
randomizing currently works like this: you put in 8 future era units, release the sector -> 8 random units of the same age (future era) are replaced. let's say you put in 4 iron age and 4 space age units -> releasing leads to 4 random iron age units and 4 random space age units.
so please think and vote again.

i vote YES on this change.

I can't test in Beta, but from what I have read this applies to only to champs.
Let's say in HMA map
fill sector with 8 champs and release--> 8 champs are converted to random units.
7 champs and 1 rouge --> 7 random units and rouge
4 champs and 4 heavy --> 4 random and 4 heavy
8 rouges --> 8 rouges

I dont know what happens in AA map, someone can test it.

Mithrandir

Merchant
i guess you are one of those who bellong to a guild that is in first place for 1000 days

It would be a good idea to check your facts before make daft comments like that, we spent 9 days at number one, all these changes will do, is ensure those top guilds who are already there, stay there.

And I find it extremely sad that most can't see this, but ha once the game fades into history they realise

1BFA

Viceroy
It would be a good idea to check your facts before make daft comments like that, we spent 9 days at number one, all these changes will do, is ensure those top guilds who are already there, stay there.

And I find it extremely sad that most can't see this, but ha once the game fades into history they realise

Help us understand, as I understand with the new changes for e.g. an alone wolf can take a tile and move hq multiple times in 24 hours and take more tiles. With the new changes, you cannot drop cap easily. Yeah top guilds can work with other guilds to shield but then again they can do that now as well...however with new changes they have to do it multiple times a day, which will give more chances to breach the shields.

DeletedUser6015

Help us understand, as I understand with the new changes for e.g. an alone wolf can take a tile and move hq multiple times in 24 hours and take more tiles. With the new changes, you cannot drop cap easily. Yeah top guilds can work with other guilds to shield but then again they can do that now as well...however with new changes they have to do it multiple times a day, which will give more chances to breach the shields.

it´s easy, the players that are against are players who belong to top guilds or their satellites and they like to lock the others guilds.
They reached the top and remain there without fighting for it, when they have difficulties they go out just to make others spend.
There is a player thad said that he is retired, and the other day he has done 1700 fights
and guess what ? we belongs to the Top 1 guild...

iPenguinPat

Squire
it´s easy, the players that are against are players who belong to top guilds or their satellites and they like to lock the others guilds.
They reached the top and remain there without fighting for it, when they have difficulties they go out just to make others spend.
There is a player thad said that he is retired, and the other day he has done 1700 fights
and guess what ? we belongs to the Top 1 guild...

Exactly jmtiago. All it takes is 1-2 strong fighters to go bleed small-medium size guilds to death. Most #1 guilds have at least 10 fighters. Some as many as 20 or more. They can spare a couple to go and raid. Now the guilds trying to break through have to decide if they want to address the ghost guild or the parent guild. (Note: the parent guild will just gobble them up and remove them at some point.)

In the next day or two, yogi and I will check back in. If all our tiles are gone and the target guild has refilled, we'll blast them again. Pretty hard to handle losing 10-20k goods every five or six days. We can just widdle them down until they can't afford to hold more than 8-10ish tiles, and never really be a threat for #1.

Based on my main server (korch), I'd say fighter counts breaks out like this
10+ fighters = 2 guilds
7-10 Fighters = 2 guilds
4-6 fighters = 8 guilds
1-3 fighters = everyone else.

^--- that means there are several "top 10" guilds that don't even have 5 legit fighters.

Add in the variability of attendance, real-life schedules, general frustration with lag, and the fact that the top guilds generall have the most well-developed fighters (GBs, unattached unit count, guild treasury, etc) -- and it makes it easy for top guilds to give up a couple of fighters to go murder everyone else. There's going to be a huge boom in activity while guilds/players make a mad rush for land etc. Might even be enough to shuffle the rankings a little bit.

But give it 6 weeks... "Rich" well-developed guilds will out resource everyone else because they are already more built up, they produce more faster, and they are spreading the load over more players. We're already seeing this type of thing happen effectively with only 1 recalc per day. Those guilds with 6 or fewer fighters won't be able to handle the churn. AA will roughly remain the same. Rich guilds will just log on at 1 or 2 recalcs and retake what they lost real fast. The boring back and forth...

That's why many players think this change is going to ruin small-medium sized guilds.

People have mentioned the idea of adding a cooldown after a guild is removed to help reduce ghost guilds effectiveness. How does that play out for those mid sized guilds that get removed trying to break in? I'd let them land just to remove them and have them on cooldown. Gotta remember that all these changes go both ways.

DeletedUser9650

Based on my main server (korch), I'd say fighter counts breaks out like this
10+ fighters = 2 guilds
7-10 Fighters = 2 guilds
4-6 fighters = 8 guilds
1-3 fighters = everyone else.
i find your numbers to be woefully innacurate. i am in three guilds that bring 40 plus fighters to recalc every day and in all of those worlds we are evenly matched by at least three other guilds.
id say you need a larger sample size than one server

iPenguinPat

Squire
i find your numbers to be woefully innacurate. i am in three guilds that bring 40 plus fighters to recalc every day and in all of those worlds we are evenly matched by at least three other guilds.
id say you need a larger sample size than one server

Well ya, of course, it's different based on servers. That's why I was specific about K, but I can also say that's not an uncommon breakout. I've spoken with guild leaders on a variety of servers, and even on servers like Norsil with TRC, a 1000+ days at #1 guild, night-to-night, 10 fighters is pretty normal and sufficient to handle most uprisings. Older servers like A&B are going to have a lot more fighters whereas newer servers will tend to have less.

That actually kind of proves my point though. What chance does a guild with less than 10 fighters have against a guild with 40 fighters? They won't be able to keep up with the required goods/unit production to maintain a long-fought war. How much does it matter if they drop to 35 and send 5 off to go raid?

And if the guilds are evenly matched, then First place should be getting passed around some. Otherwise, by definition, it's not evenly matched (because one guild is dominating).

Actually, removing spear fighters has gotten some really good feedback and results. In my 5 world sample size, It seems like it has opened up AA a lot. IMO it'd be better to let that play out a while longer before making more changes.

DeletedUser6001

If you have 3 resets per day how can you have 4 HQ moves per day?

1BFA

Viceroy

The announcement is confusing. It should probably say 8.01, 4: 01 and 12:01.

Best is to remove the times in announcement and just say, HQ can be moved after each reset.

If inno wants to use Time as example...always start at 8.00/8:01 server time and not 2.00 or 12 or whatever.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10112

now you have the chance to do it again. go low cost. make them spend now.

Add in the variability of attendance, real-life schedules, general frustration with lag, and the fact that the top guilds generall have the most well-developed fighters (GBs, unattached unit count, guild treasury, etc) -- and it makes it easy for top guilds to give up a couple of fighters to go murder everyone else. There's going to be a huge boom in activity while guilds/players make a mad rush for land etc. Might even be enough to shuffle the rankings a little bit.

agree. we have a similar problem. now with the new reset time no ghost guild could save them form plunder. the real limit is the production of troops from alcatraz

But give it 6 weeks... "Rich" well-developed guilds will out resource everyone else because they are already more built up, they produce more faster, and they are spreading the load over more players. We're already seeing this type of thing happen effectively with only 1 recalc per day. Those guilds with 6 or fewer fighters won't be able to handle the churn. AA will roughly remain the same. Rich guilds will just log on at 1 or 2 recalcs and retake what they lost real fast. The boring back and forth...
again. make the big ones spend go low cost 1 tile at a time. make them reconquer, now they can't rely on release and conquer
sure is wrong. they mean one by reset. but if you move your qg at 00:30 at 07:00 at 1 pm and at 10 pm it makes 4 changes in a day.

qaccy

Emperor
I find myself confused about HQ moves as well Three specific reset times were mentioned, but it was also mentioned that HQ moves would be reset four times in a day. If the HQ move resets at the reset times, how would it be possible to move four times every day?