• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Vs. Guild Improvements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

iPenguinPat

Squire
Some of the recent improvements have been a step in the right direction (i.e. remove SF from AA). The user interface updates have also been good (i.e. recenter map and 1 click DAs).

At this point, the main GvG issue still remains with the lag. There's plenty of option to improve participation without multiple recalcs per day.

As long as shields basically come down at the same time, there's still going to be more fighters than FOE can handle at peak hours. Three real solutions:
1) Reduce the number of gvg users (because they no longer gvg)
2) Make it so shields come down at uneven times. The concept of "recalc" currently forces players all on at the same time. Of course, there are still lag issues during off-hours too, so this is still shakey.
3) Recode the whole thing to be more efficient.

3 is likely very pricy due to development and time cost. Without the guiding hand of the original gvg developer, it's hard to imagine this happening. 2 could end up happening at some point as that sort of the direction they are already going. (non 24-hour protection, multiple shield drops per day). It would definitely help ease the peak lag. That leads us to 1 as the best solution, right?

I used to think that GvGers were the biggest diamond buyers/spenders until the summer event 2019 and the antique dealer (auction house). After watching a no-name player that doesn't gvg and has no guild spin the wheel for 5+ hours, it became clear who the real spenders are: bad players in bad guilds. Seeing players spend 100k antique coins for event piece upgrades or 30-50k for goods packages, it finally sunk in how wide the "knowledge/skill gap" really is.

Players in guilds that are so bad, they have to spend diamonds to get anything done are the biggest spenders. And the saddest part is, their cities don't reflect it a lot of the time. It's a hard pill to swallow as a GvG enthusiast. The cold hard truth is GvG is expensive to maintain compared to bad guild/bad players. So yea, it'll be interesting to see to what extent the changes are to prolong gvg or to speed up its demise.

DeletedUser1418

Dunno if someone noticed, but you get 2 third LESS power from occupied sectors since GvG changes, probably because of the 3x recalculation

- 25 extra levels for guilds, so those stuck on 75 can move along. Yay for the bot-guilds! It will probably take 2x longer than the 1st 75, but hey, do no effort as the game will be done by the time you reach 100

Best move now is shut down GvG, I'm no longer interested, and so are many more - especially when we risk resource to feed the bots...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7959

HQ Relocation
Once per calculation time frame.4 times in 24 hours (example: 02:00, 08:00, 14:00, 21:00)
can you please confirm, is 21:00 a correct time? It's 21:00 (server time) now and I was trying to move our HQ but I couldn't. Shouldn't it be 20:00? So the time range will be 6 hours between each frame - 2&8 AM 2&8 PM?

moideux

Merchant
Yes, the competition is there, but small guilds can not afford the medals it take to take more than a few sectors and you can no longer release and retake to protect sectors becuase of the 12 hour only protection. Just plain anti GvG measures for small guilds. No reason to grow; let's all just become ghost farmers...

DeletedUser10097

Stop complaining for everything. All of you who reacting for the 4 of 8 hour calculation you are comfortable behind your shields, and you do nothing for 24 hours.

GvG shouldn't be played for 10 minutes after the calculation but much more hours during the day.
Any guild who wants sections must be protect them and not blocking the way putting shields.This is not war.

If a guild has 10-20 sections and blocking the way to other guilds, they would spend only 10 minute to do that. This is unfair. It should be take much longer to do that.
I am the minority of people who like the changes to come in the. game. Continue the good work at Innogames.

qaccy

Emperor
Yes, the competition is there, but small guilds can not afford the medals it take to take more than a few sectors and you can no longer release and retake to protect sectors becuase of the 12 hour only protection. Just plain anti GvG measures for small guilds. No reason to grow; let's all just become ghost farmers...

Every guild is affected by how these changes affect defensive strategies, not just small ones. And again, small guilds are not supposed to be on equal footing with large guilds. Archers can't beat tanks in battle, so why should a small guild have the same capabilities as a large one? Get larger if this truth bothers you so much.

Natalia1

Squire
I used to think that GvGers were the biggest diamond buyers/spenders until the summer event 2019 and the antique dealer (auction house). After watching a no-name player that doesn't gvg and has no guild spin the wheel for 5+ hours, it became clear who the real spenders are: bad players in bad guilds. Seeing players spend 100k antique coins for event piece upgrades or 30-50k for goods packages, it finally sunk in how wide the "knowledge/skill gap" really is.

Players in guilds that are so bad, they have to spend diamonds to get anything done are the biggest spenders. And the saddest part is, their cities don't reflect it a lot of the time. It's a hard pill to swallow as a GvG enthusiast. The cold hard truth is GvG is expensive to maintain compared to bad guild/bad players. So yea, it'll be interesting to see to what extent the changes are to prolong gvg or to speed up its demise.

Wow so true

iPenguinPat

Squire
Stop complaining for everything. All of you who reacting for the 4 of 8 hour calculation you are comfortable behind your shields, and you do nothing for 24 hours.

GvG shouldn't be played for 10 minutes after the calculation but much more hours during the day.
Any guild who wants sections must be protect them and not blocking the way putting shields.This is not war.

If a guild has 10-20 sections and blocking the way to other guilds, they would spend only 10 minute to do that. This is unfair. It should be take much longer to do that.
I am the minority of people who like the changes to come in the. game. Continue the good work at Innogames.

There's a bigger picture here than hiding behind 24hr shields. The lack of shields goes both ways. What happens when the "rich guild" decides to slim down and go on offense? Or make a ghost? They can just blast through smaller less "rich" guilds over and over. There should be a meme with Captain Marvel blasting through Kree warships, but the warship is the AA Map.

Those 24hr shields only go up because other guilds aren't able to 1) break the siege and steal or 2) prevent the strong guild from steamrolling. If the weaker guilds could actually win, the guilds sitting behind their wall of shields wouldn't be able to keep a perma bubble. In other words, those 24hr shield walls are a function on convenience, not necessity. Once they are no longer an option, then what?

If you're thinking this gives weak guilds a shot at big guilds, you're not seeing how big guilds are going to return fire.
https://prnt.sc/owa5t6 & https://prnt.sc/owa6sv <- #retired is my ghost guild. 2 people. #7 in under 24hrs. All of that power came from VVV in a single day. Now imagine being able to do that every 8-12hours? There is literally no defense for that. Keep in mind that we don't care about our own ranking at all. We don't have to defend. Just let the target guild take everything back, refill their tiles, then blast them again. How long will those resources last?

like i said in my previous post, unless you have the manpower to watch 20-24 hours per day, 7 days a week, this is going to suck. (or if you like farming, it's good for that too).

Last edited:

DeletedUser10112

Just shut down 16 worlds :(

this really is a major joke

i guess you are one of those who bellong to a guild that is in first place for 1000 days. 1000 days number one is often seen all over the servers. who want's to play a game where there are no chages in 3 years. this chages cames to even things out. you want to be big ? fight for it.

it is sad to see a guild protecting entire sections of the map in 10 minutes. and then we have to wait 24 hours to try something. now they are unable to do so.
think off a sport where every year the same team wins. boring..

iPenguinPat

Squire
i guess you are one of those who bellong to a guild that is in first place for 1000 days. 1000 days number one is often seen all over the servers. who want's to play a game where there are no chages in 3 years. this chages cames to even things out. you want to be big ? fight for it.

it is sad to see a guild protecting entire sections of the map in 10 minutes. and then we have to wait 24 hours to try something. now they are unable to do so.
think off a sport where every year the same team wins. boring..

How about this: get 3-4 guilds to work on breaking and stealing at recalc. Only takes 1 getting through. The problem isn't the guild in 1st for 1000 days. they didn't get there by mistake. The problem is bad players that lack the creativity to breakthrough. Those guilds at #1 for 1000 days will stay there until they get bored and quit. the rules can change, but they are still stronger.

If a coordinated attack with 3-4 guilds isn't enough to break the wall, then they don't need the wall to win in the first place.

DeletedUser10112

the game doesn't have to depend on me having alliances with 4 other guilds. . you know its unfair the current status where a guild release and conquer at reset killing gvg for the next 24 hours.
i guess most of you have an account on the beta server.
go check the all ages map.
as you can see the map is clearly more active. and it seems a lot more funnier.

check the number of guild ownnig sectors . it increased..

and even the reset time seems good. soemeone was teeling the reset time at meal times and sleeping time. well. not really.. conquer at 20 , rest at 12. conquer at 12 reset at 4. conquer at 4 reset at 20.
every time are now important, and gives everyone good chances of loosing and taking back sectors.

Natalia1

Squire
If the goal of the changes was to get players who were not interested in GvG to become interested, then I am not seeing that. Players who were already doing some GvG are still the ones who are participating.

Even from these forums I am observing that those who used the ghost guild strategy before are very happy about changes, while those who are in the guilds with a lot to defend are struggling some, or are becoming disinterested. I think the goal was to get smaller guilds more active-not seeing that. And by smaller guilds I mean those with 10-20 players, not a ghost with 1 or 2 players.

jovada

Regent
The only defence a guild had was resieging cause the attacker has always advantage, if other guilds were not able to counter a resiege then they were just lousy players and just nog good enough.

Now you can't defend anymore , cause after every time reset you move hq and take a second row of sectors while the first row is still under protection and do it again 8h later and so on and on , making an unstoppable train.

Stop calling this Guild versus Guild , because real guilds have nothing to win , only a lot to loose. Call it Demolition Farmers versus Demolition Farmers.

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
Add a chance of getting FP after every GvG battle and participation will skyrocket no matter what the gameplay is like.

Barring that, there's not really going to be a definitive way to change anything because everyone has their own opinion of what the 'best' thing to do is.

DeletedUser7959

if other guilds were not able to counter a resiege then they were just lousy players and just nog good enough.
I don't believe I read this from jovada. Must be a joke or some else logged into your account. What happened with 2 cheaters that can beat 5-6 players on 10 battles sector? Ah, they don't need to play on recalculation anymore and use ̶s̶k̶i̶l̶l̶ cheats, they can play ̶a̶s̶ ̶u̶s̶u̶a̶l̶ fair now. :D
I totally agree. GvG was a place where EVERYTHING happened in the first 2-10 minutes right after recalculation, the rest of the day it was dead. It wasn't Guild vs Guild, it was "a short meeting at 8 PM" (mostly only between your guildmates). Now I see much more activity during the day and even if those big guilds are losing, they can take other sectors the same way. It just all about fights now, not sitting in the corner like a rat, being proud by your leader's work of calling a few players after supper to the game for a few minutes.
The maps were made the way that if a few sectors were re-conquered, they could block half of the territory. If you think it's good for the game, no wonder you complain.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

thanks for the additional information so far.

this part is confusing, though:
HQ Relocation
Once per calculation time frame.4 times in 24 hours (example: 02:00, 08:00, 14:00, 21:00)
you cannot do that daily. let's say that before the relocation at 2:00 you relocated the HQ already at 21:00 they day before -> relocating until 4:00 won't be possible. please rephrase so it says "up to 4 times in 24 hours depending on whether you already relocated on the day before after 20:00". thank you.

also, question for everyone: do you think it is fair, that defending is faster than siegeing?
sorry to bring it up again, but for me that one would be a deal breaker. however, everyone seems to be busy complaining about stuff inno didn't suggest.