• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Vs. Guild Improvements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

qaccy

Emperor
To the folks complaining about having multiple resets because 'they can't be on 24/7 to defend', keep in mind that multiple resets affect EVERYBODY. Everyone's playing by the same set of rules regarding sector shields and reset times. I'm finding it hard to believe that your guild is apparently the only one that has to worry about having players not online at any given time, especially if you're supposedly in a large GvG guild.

Some of these complaints I'm reading are really starting to look like either a) only thinking about what benefits them, or b) not liking change in general.

Borowski

Squire
"2 grant independence actions per calculation" is really bad idea. since there are so few players plaiing gvg, you need at least to be able to free sectors if necessary. with only 2 sectors to be given free, you are not flexible enough

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
Are you a true gamer or a member of Inno staff ?
Are you going to wake up at 4am to play GvG ?

Keep in mind that, assuming you're not someone who wakes up at 4am to play GvG, why are you acting as though other players would in order to attack your guild? Is this a case of you being 'normal' and every one of your potential GvG enemies is a 'no-life' who wakes up in the middle of the night in order to attack you? Or perhaps they're 'normal' too and sleep at the same times you do? We all operate by the same clock, so you can't just assume that everyone else is awake when you're sleeping.

lorenzo75

Merchant
Are you a true gamer or a member of Inno staff ?
Are you going to wake up at 4am to play GvG ?
I'm a player.
In my guild there are awake players at night. But the sectors taken at 8 pm are protected until 12. I can move the hq even at 9 am to take other sectors

DeletedUser9685

In view of very few being online at 4am, the defender should at least have the chance to safe some goods, so it would be helpful to increase the number of releases each person has instead of decreasing it. Anyway, still most players will be able to join in only one GvG time and not all, i.e. either the 4 times is spread over 24hrs (please, with a possibility to see how many releases are left), or - which would be preferred from my side - 4 new releases after every reset.

Borowski

Squire
and again, bigger guilds are prefferred. 10 players = 10x 2 free sectors. small guilds with 1 oder 2 gvg players need more goods because they cant free as many sectors

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Please don't forget to check your live server forums for details on when features go live on the different live servers. The Beta forums are more specifically for discussions on events taking place in Beta.

lorenzo75

Merchant
and again, bigger guilds are prefferred. 10 players = 10x 2 free sectors. small guilds with 1 oder 2 gvg players need more goods because they cant free as many sectors

it is normal that in a game like this, large guilds have advantages over small ones.
But keeping a big guild requires a lot of effort. Making gvg requires organization and more attention. The gvg is a team game and it is right that it is

DeletedUser8963

Can someone confirm, is drop-retake (AKA reshielding) still possible?

From the announcement on EN market:

Attacking a previously released sector
You cannot attack a sector you have granted freedom to until after the next reset.​

Does it mean you can still drop a sector just before recalc and take it immediately after? I guess you can (so no change), but just want to confirm.

If you can, can you do it every 2 recalc (that's how long protection lasts)?

DeletedUser10112

being on beta is now useless.. let's create an account on the ENG servers. since beta doesn't fit the testing purposes.
why is the new gvg beeing released only in the ENG servers. doesn't make sense.. are they the ones with power here ? what about us ? they're the ones doing brexit not us. ehehehe

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Can someone confirm, is drop-retake (AKA reshielding) still possible?

From the announcement on EN market:

Attacking a previously released sector
You cannot attack a sector you have granted freedom to until after the next reset.​

Does it mean you can still drop a sector just before recalc and take it immediately after? I guess you can (so no change), but just want to confirm.

If you can, can you do it every 2 recalc (that's how long protection lasts)?

This is correct (no change to the existing mechanic)

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
being on beta is now useless.. let's create an account on the ENG servers. since beta doesn't fit the testing purposes.
why is the new gvg beeing released only in the ENG servers. doesn't make sense.. are they the ones with power here ? what about us ? they're the ones doing brexit not us. ehehehe
We are still gathering data and feedback on this feature and wanted a larger market with multiple worlds to further observe the effects.

qaccy

Emperor

The subtext here is that the beta server evidently doesn't have enough testers on it to gather meaningful feedback/data from. It's becoming more and more common to see things leave beta early and get 'tested' on live servers. That could be because the majority of players here only use this server to see stuff early, they don't care about actually beta testing, or because Inno doesn't do a whole lot to facilitate the testing process (new testers coming in have to start at the beginning and work their way up like on any normal server, locking them out of most new features that get tested).

lorenzo75

Merchant

The EN server is international. I think it's better for testing, more used than beta and with players of various nationalities

DeletedUser6015

We are still gathering data and feedback on this feature and wanted a larger market with multiple worlds to further observe the effects.

If this does not go forward, will you return the goods and troops spent by the players?

qaccy

Emperor
Apparently not enough of them, hence why they had to move to a larger group of players on live servers.

DeletedUser9685

Is there any chance to get a visual depiction how long the protection of a sector still lasts? E.g. a sector conquered after the last reset could have a darker shield (red/green), fading after the next reset to a lighter red or green. Like this, everyone could see when the protection ends. The protocol will be of no help in most cases, because it shows only the very last actions.

DeletedUser7021

Nice to see the gvg changes are released on one live-server.
BUT Would also be nice to get an update for the promised fixing of the many gvg-bugs and glitches.
Is there anywhere a list of known bugs your dev's are hard working on right now?