• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Vs. Guild Improvements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

1BFA

Viceroy
Please don't forget to check your live server forums for details on when features go live on the different live servers. The Beta forums are more specifically for discussions on events taking place in Beta.

This is probably the worst message that Inno could send to Beta.

So you want ppl to be on beta to test the the dumb events....and not new ages or inno designers said why they are seeking feedback on GVG or GBG....

Please do your homework little bit before making stupid statements to the community.

This thread is there because of Feedback requested on GVG. Please read the following.

"First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds. You will remember that during the announcement of the Guild Battlegrounds, we stated that we'd be putting some effort into improving Guild vs. Guild (GvG) as well. We'd like to keep you updated on what we're planning to do, as we're about to get started on implementing the following improvements, and would love to hear some community insight into if you feel these additions address some of the fundamental issues GvG faces."

When we spend time on Beta, we in turn "Expect" timely and correct info to be released on ALLLLLLL FEATURES on Beta before they go live, otherwise there is no point for us to spend time here on Beta.

Last edited:

1BFA

Viceroy
The subtext here is that the beta server evidently doesn't have enough testers on it to gather meaningful feedback/data from. It's becoming more and more common to see things leave beta early and get 'tested' on live servers. That could be because the majority of players here only use this server to see stuff early, they don't care about actually beta testing, or because Inno doesn't do a whole lot to facilitate the testing process (new testers coming in have to start at the beginning and work their way up like on any normal server, locking them out of most new features that get tested).

Whose fault is it? Why don't we have the same age in beta as live servers?

Next of all I doubt the "International Server" comment is accurate, because as you pointed out earlier the announcement was on US server as well. Will try and land in AA in next couple of days and in us server and test it.

Beta severs should be more fluid/dynamic so that folks who spend time on it have full access to test the new features.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
In terms of should you receive release information about live servers on the beta server, then this information should be provided on the live servers to their markets by their respective Community Managers.

However, if you feel that you would like more feedback on what the result of testing and feedback has been on an event and feature then that's something to look in to.

DeletedUser6015

Answer this: this is limited to the eng server, If this does not go forward, will you return the goods and troops spent by the players?

1BFA

Viceroy
In terms of should you receive release information about live servers on the beta server, then this information should be provided on the live servers to their markets by their respective Community Managers.

However, if you feel that you would like more feedback on what the result of testing and feedback has been on an event and feature then that's something to look in to.

No, the only request is to keep Beta updated on upcoming changes on live servers.

Case in point, when I read that the random units changes is limited only to beta for now. I expected an update before changes went live. So many times in this thread we had asked many many many times please explain how the random units works in AA map. But we never got an update..or maybe I missed it.

Please also note that many of us cannot test a lot of things in Beta.

Miepie

Baronet
Answer this: this is limited to the eng server, If this does not go forward, will you return the goods and troops spent by the players?

Small chance it doesn't go forward now. My guess is they chose to further test on a live server, not to give players a chance to give their opinion about the changes, that's what Beta's for, but to look for the bugs and trouble that are bound to pop up on a big server with multiple worlds to get the worst of the problems solved before it goes worldwide. So don't worry about those goods and troops, you'll never see them again

1BFA

Viceroy
If they decided to test on the EN server it will be because the beta tests were not sufficient in this case.

Most likely it is all miss information, as I can see the announcement in us server. Anyways will test tonight on us server.

DeletedUser5135

Have GvG been changes today? We released the sector 20 seconds before recalculation. But after recalculation it is impossible to put a siege on him.
Amendment. An hour later, it was possible to put a siege. Is it always going to be like that now?

Last edited by a moderator:

jovada

Regent
I don't know what more they have to test on the international , but the changes have no amelioration on the GvG.
Guilds cover themselves with another guild or altguilds to put shields on each other , and the only change is that there will be more 1-manguilds who act as demolisher using macro.
Trying to stop farming points is also useless you give sieges with champs or fill sector with champs that friend empty to 1 and you go on and on.
This was predicted before the changes , but developpers are so smart and know it all better so they came with a useless solution.
Again they better make work against macro's but ..............................

Last edited:

DeletedUser5135

I don't know what more they have to test on the international , but the changes have no amelioration on the GvG.
Guilds cover themselves with another guild or altguilds to put shields on each other , and the only change is that there will be more 1-manguilds who act as demolisher using macro.
Trying to stop farming points is also useless you give sieges with champs or fill sector with champs that friend empty to 1 and you go on and on.
This was predicted before the changes , but developpers are so smart and know it all better so they came with a useless solution.
Again they better make work against macro's but ..............................
I totally agree.
Above I have already written about the set of problems that have arisen with this update of the GvG.
Now I can confirm several theses.
1) 3 recalculations led to increased expenses of goods for large guilds, which are forced to constantly fight off small guilds to protect their territory. They constantly spend the goods on siege. This is 2 times faster to ravage the guild 's treasury.
2) it became boring and not interesting to fight, because it is impossible to gather a guild in a permanent composition for 3 recalculations.
So I have to ask again...
Get everything back as it was. Make 1 recalculation.
Or make normal changes.
I 'm against these changes!

DeletedUser9685

I am not happy about the changes as well. In especial:
- 2 resets (4 & 12) are simply impossible to join in for most of the players working. But due to the sectors taken at before 12 having protection, less sectors can be attacked at "prime time" 8 pm. So less fights at the time when most players can participate GvG, which will make GvG less interesting for those who want points/to fight.
- It is not possible to see which sector will lose protection, so planing will be a lot more time intensive because one has to take screenshots... This is too much work (and time investment) for at least 95% of the guilds. Thus more and more guilds will lose interest in GvG. (A possibility to distinguish the different sectors was proposed before.)
- The reduction of releases from 4 to 2 each reset is contraproductive. Most will be there for only 1 reset, i.e. the possible releases are decreased. From my point of view, the number of releases should be increased to give the few available at 4 am the chance to release and safe some goods. In especial, those with leader or even founder rights should be able to release withour limits, or at least 4 sectors each era.
- Champ fighting was not abolished by the changes. For this, a different strategy will be necessary.
-> The changes will destroy GvG.

From my point of view, it would have been better if the time for changing GvG had been invested in improving the performence of GvG (e.g. the new bug when changing the maps ending up in "English lawn"), or improving recognition of bots being used in GvG, or maybe even reworking the point system, e.g. on basis of the def. because someone winning against a def of 500/500 should receive more points than someone winning against a def of zero.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Out of curiosity I wanted to check the impact of the changes on the first 10 guilds: it is zero.
We see that after the shock of recalculation on August 20 (sharp fall in prestige since each sector held gives 3 times less points), the prestige of these 10 guilds remains stable for 1.5 months, destructive commandos evoked and likely to ruin a guild in 2 days did not come into play.
iHJa4GDUdzojGpXPKAH0OsyXfjLe2QiUGXkVSXybELp-tfMVtu5783lHrPeGHSBoGIMYKoZiVzMkRNsUUKg1z6HXEieDoUXhiNuN7nIAnwEkaP0mVIa1vOErfbKGQnolf1PbJrLUMvibd8zH48KxwcEO9blQ8862I_vPnYL5dCgOARVKaUQ6D0Ykrsl6-L0flN5qUfuAwp9ke10vE0RpTa9ZMKNmJkpBJQqZtGiKslsHkszRZRHLyQP5M8MyR_3POj3GxiAb8039LDXdwUg70r2wIhOLrQ48bWEmj4MWD28GCLW7iYbUIA_DiZlCAmKXarOTZfOXlKyOrDhZhdDg0s4ZO_Z1oZteA_tly8aPP1T7BnJrKfONmbZ9H4xM-2mFXzOoJ4LiOUQrrpIsOElGYq7T75U7uwVOJuz1ayxW44w7ic7QtDG3zmLemzm8rwV9eeh3VS8gau4AV2sgseBlS5uf5eKox3TovbkFGIQcw7s1y6XRtoTUqeIegn5ck4S3tK5k50n5j9A3UNPUdDusfkAEfVfKQSdQpkHSwbl7i4vaZYqwJeASBb0kffA0MANWDemRKROnG88yE-s2V99xlssG0r79ZBq6i0eVsUTYr0GmAtA88d_ULq22qR1ZkKhbwwvI0lgeoY9EdvuhnenX6pCY_cR6wwm0HmGmK2KaD5CqwWwWUckCpbepMbMe6T0gJ93ChmMSnMaYQQvkr144KGjsszz_DBjPoiwDCCXcpSFNK2g=w1157-h416-no

DeletedUser5135

Out of curiosity I wanted to check the impact of the changes on the first 10 guilds: it is zero.
We see that after the shock of recalculation on August 20 (sharp fall in prestige since each sector held gives 3 times less points), the prestige of these 10 guilds remains stable for 1.5 months, destructive commandos evoked and likely to ruin a guild in 2 days did not come into play.
iHJa4GDUdzojGpXPKAH0OsyXfjLe2QiUGXkVSXybELp-tfMVtu5783lHrPeGHSBoGIMYKoZiVzMkRNsUUKg1z6HXEieDoUXhiNuN7nIAnwEkaP0mVIa1vOErfbKGQnolf1PbJrLUMvibd8zH48KxwcEO9blQ8862I_vPnYL5dCgOARVKaUQ6D0Ykrsl6-L0flN5qUfuAwp9ke10vE0RpTa9ZMKNmJkpBJQqZtGiKslsHkszRZRHLyQP5M8MyR_3POj3GxiAb8039LDXdwUg70r2wIhOLrQ48bWEmj4MWD28GCLW7iYbUIA_DiZlCAmKXarOTZfOXlKyOrDhZhdDg0s4ZO_Z1oZteA_tly8aPP1T7BnJrKfONmbZ9H4xM-2mFXzOoJ4LiOUQrrpIsOElGYq7T75U7uwVOJuz1ayxW44w7ic7QtDG3zmLemzm8rwV9eeh3VS8gau4AV2sgseBlS5uf5eKox3TovbkFGIQcw7s1y6XRtoTUqeIegn5ck4S3tK5k50n5j9A3UNPUdDusfkAEfVfKQSdQpkHSwbl7i4vaZYqwJeASBb0kffA0MANWDemRKROnG88yE-s2V99xlssG0r79ZBq6i0eVsUTYr0GmAtA88d_ULq22qR1ZkKhbwwvI0lgeoY9EdvuhnenX6pCY_cR6wwm0HmGmK2KaD5CqwWwWUckCpbepMbMe6T0gJ93ChmMSnMaYQQvkr144KGjsszz_DBjPoiwDCCXcpSFNK2g=w1157-h416-no
It doesn 't show the perspective. It doesn 't show the consequences. It is necessary to really participate in GvG to understand all horror of changes.
As a real military commander, I say these changes are bad and will not lead to anything good.

qaccy

Emperor
It doesn 't show the perspective. It doesn 't show the consequences. It is necessary to really participate in GvG to understand all horror of changes.
As a real military commander, I say these changes are bad and will not lead to anything good.

Data doesn't lie. These changes did not have the negative impact that people on the forums were saying they would. Don't have to participate in GvG to look at those graphs and see that nothing's really changed.