• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Championships

OlifaNT

Merchant
Two things:
1)

Needs to be at least 3 members ;) Still more importantly we have:

2)
This means that the guilds must have around the same number of members.

One complaint that I think BetaTest03 has mentioned was that any peaceful guild will have more of a chance at losing to a fighting guild as it takes less attempts to fight through the map than to negotiate through it. That and it costs a bucketload of goods to negotiate as well, so this discourages the peaceful players from GE. There needs to be more of a balance there to make competition more fair imo.

Ah ok got it tx.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
While there can be 7 different 100%s, as a tiebreaker the final ordering will take into account number of attempts needed to solve the encounters, so no - loser is not better. Less attempts will equal higher placement, as opposed to more attempts.
Apparently this was implemented in a different manner so correction on what I said above: as a tiebreaker, the final ordering will take into account who solved the final encounter first. If guild A and B both reach 100%, the guild that reached 100% first will take the first place. Apologies for the miscommunication on the matter.

this 25%, 15%, 10% excess guild will be given to me every day (is on the end of each day will be taken) did you or will be given at the end.
This is a one-time bonus on the guild power you've earned through that week's Expedition.

1. Is not fought in our guild will affect our place in our ranking?
If a player is inactive, but still part of the guild, yes that will affect your place in ranking because you'll have a lower %. If you're asking whether there is a difference between fighting and negotiation, there isn't any.
2. Do we participate in a tournament that next week we have another loncalarara to 1 week in the war or war will do the same guild every week?
thanks.
The groupings will change every week, though you could still encounter some of the guilds from time to time (but ultimately the grouping shouldn't be the same week after week).

DeletedUser6068

There are 5 worlds in our country.
Is that all you think the world would be in their group or groups would have been among the world?
You've opened an intermediate :(
1 world as we know here and I get to a certain place, spending pretty diamond amman have removed unfortunately.
We're having to adapt innovations from the countries in which we play mainly for this reason.
here in 2 open world, I think now: D regards ..

Andi47

Overlord
Please add some additional info to the championship window:
1.) especially on the first day, there might be 3 or more guilds with e.g. 2%. So is it 2.01% or 2.43%, or....: Add 1 or 2 additional digits, and please add figures to see how many encounters the guild has solved (and how many encounters are possible)
2.) when I mouse over a guild's name, i get some info, but... Please add the info how many members finished at least one encounter

DeletedUser4256

Firstly, I think the new feature is pretty good a kind of peaceful GvG
On main servers we're surrounded by cheating: pushing, multi account, bots,scripts to have advantage over the other as we know
Unfortunatelly as this feature is based on the number of participating players or accounts, it may lead to abuse and rule breaking, everything related to the following:

1) One account per player
Each player may have only one account per world. Each account may have only one user and may
not be logged into or played by any other player.
Sharing your password with another person is forbidden.
Knowing, storing, or asking passwords for other players’ accounts is forbidden. If another player
sends you their password, you must always report them.
Examples:
- It is forbidden to create multiple accounts on a single world for any reason.
- It is allowed to use the same account to play on multiple worlds.
- It is allowed to use multiple accounts to play Forge of Empires but never on the same world.
- You may not access (or have access to) any account that does not belong to you, on any world.
- It is forbidden to play for another player if they are temporarily away, or for any other reason.
- It is forbidden to force entry into an account or attempt to trick another player into giving you their
login information.
- It is forbidden to ask another player for their login information.

Ill be out for a while, we need someone to take my place and fight my 48 encounters

Time will tell

DeletedUser7454

I like this development. To a degree I feel INNO listen as the previous GE ranking just did not make sense.
As it was pointed out by some those in lower eras felt insignificant and not really contributing to the guild power points. This championship will empower them as now every cleared station on GE will count no matter what era the player is in.

Plus this could always evolve into something bigger - look at GE itself, it started as a one map and now it has 3 difficulties, its own GB with relics, plus these championships.
I think so too. This championship has a potential.

I´m pretty confident not a single guild will be on 100%. Unless it´s 8 guilds with 4 members. And is that really a good guild?
It is true. A while back there was a FoE Forum GE competition on live server about and none of the large guild ranked as none has 100% participation ever - best were around 60+. I am in good guilds with active members (2 of them top guilds) and the best week it is about 60 player who participate, typical is 50. So I do not think for really large guilds (70-80 members) hitting 100% is realistic. Unless it is mandated but then it is not a game but work ;)

Yet it will be interesting to see how the groups will be chosen. Might be not enough just the number of members. But this can be tweaked.

DeletedUser4256

Second week of competition and I think this new feature is going well
I'm pretty sure it will be welcomed by the live servers community

DeletedUser7214

Love it :)

..but there could be a little problem. My ranking position is higher when I lose some battles, so theoretically if everyone managed to solve all encounters in all three difficulties in every guild there could be 7 different 100%s, right?

my point is - losers wolud be better?
I think I can confirm this.....when i win every battle, I generate the EXACT same amount of power as others who are in the same age and don't lose any battles. But the people who lose a few battles always give more power.

DeletedUser4256

Love it :)

..but there could be a little problem. My ranking position is higher when I lose some battles, so theoretically if everyone managed to solve all encounters in all three difficulties in every guild there could be 7 different 100%s, right?

my point is - losers wolud be better?

yeah, if you complete your expedition but the last encounter, you can fight the first wave and then retreat on the second wave, repeat this procedure untill sunday night and you will score a lot of extra expedition points or a good amount of guild power

imo I think this is abuse or a bug even though the devs dont think so, if not they would have fixed it a long time ago :rolleyes:

...fortunatelly this "strategy" doesnt affect the Guild Competitions :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5149

yeah, if you complete your expedition but the last encounter, you can fight the first wave and then retreat on the second wave, repeat this procedure untill sunday night and you will score a lot of extra expedition points or a good amount of guild power

The way the scoring is done, you will get more expedition points, but not necessarily more guild power points. Guild power points are only earned when the expedition points reach the next goal.

DeletedUser4256

The way the scoring is done, you will get more expedition points, but not necessarily more guild power points. Guild power points are only earned when the expedition points reach the next goal.

well if you and other guildies make, lets say, 30k, 40k 50k "extra" or more expedition points I'm sure one more goal will be reached
if me and some other guildies have millons of medals we can use them to make a large amount of "extra" expedition points
However it depends on many factors (guild size, % guild participation...) :)

DeletedUser5149

Our last goal (14) will be 1.5 million, with about 1.0 million to go at the end of an average week.

DeletedUser7214

imo I think this is abuse or a bug even though the devs dont think so, if not they would have fixed it a long time ago :rolleyes:

...fortunatelly this "strategy" doesnt affect the Guild Competitions :D
Well, this feature of retreating/losing giving you more power than outright winning can and will affect the guild (power wise) a lot more than Guild Competitions in my opinion.

DeletedUser7454

imo I think this is abuse or a bug even though the devs dont think so, if not they would have fixed it a long time ago

well to a very small degree only. One has to do it many-many times over and over just to gain some points (about 1/10 or less the points that a station will give after clearing - so about 10 fights will give the amount of the station - but might be even more needed). And I tried -- it is not worth the time and resources. Especially when 1000s of more points are needed.
That said it can help when few points are needed to to reach the next checkpoint.

So I do not think so that this feature is something that the guilds abuse.

DeletedUser7214

well to a very small degree only. One has to do it many-many times over and over just to gain some points (about 1/10 or less the points that a station will give after clearing - so about 10 fights will give the amount of the station - but might be even more needed). And I tried -- it is not worth the time and resources. Especially when 1000s of more points are needed.
That said it can help when few points are needed to to reach the next checkpoint.

So I do not think so that this feature is something that the guilds abuse.
Hmm... I must say that I may have not accurately tested how effective in practise this method is....I just purposely lost on a few/several battles and discovered that I saw a fairly substantial increase in expedition points at the end of difficulty two (I don't remember the the exact difference). I had just heard of the two-wave system when i went to read this forum I have yet to test the two-wave system I regrettably confess.

On my main server, I am in CA and 17,191 is the base amount of expedition points if you don't lose any battles (difficulty 2), I will test the 2-wave system next week and post the screen-shot here.

Andi47

Overlord
It would be nice if you can add one more info to the guild tooltip (or to an additional tooltip when mousing over the % number in the guild championship ranking): How many attempts did the guild win, and what is the total number of attempts?

example (for a guild with 60 members): Score 13.4%; tooltip info: "386/2880 attempts"

DeletedUser4256

I have a doubt about Guild Championships, what are exactly all the criteria for making the groups?

For example, a young guild formed by 10 iron age players could be grouped with a guild formed by 10 arctic age players?
It would be an extreme case, I know, but both guilds match the number criteria and its obvious that those 10 newbies of the young guild will never be able to compete with the 10 arctic age players, if so that group would be technically unbalanced, it'd be like putting together a flyweight and a heavyweight in a boxing match

DeletedUser5149

For example, a young guild formed by 10 iron age players could be grouped with a guild formed by 10 arctic age players? It would be an extreme case, I know, but both guilds match the number criteria and its obvious that those 10 newbies of the young guild will never be able to compete with the 10 arctic age players, if so that group would be technically unbalanced, it'd be like putting together a flyweight and a heavyweight in a boxing match

You are aware that the championship is not determined by points, but only by expeditions finished? Of course a guild of all newbies probably wouldn't be competitive, why should it?

DeletedUser

I have a doubt about Guild Championships, what are exactly all the criteria for making the groups?

For example, a young guild formed by 10 iron age players could be grouped with a guild formed by 10 arctic age players?
It would be an extreme case, I know, but both guilds match the number criteria and its obvious that those 10 newbies of the young guild will never be able to compete with the 10 arctic age players, if so that group would be technically unbalanced, it'd be like putting together a flyweight and a heavyweight in a boxing match
and why should a guild that can't compete with others be number one ?

it is only fair that advanced guilds and new guilds are grouped together

because why should the 2nd best guild always be on 2nd place because the top 7 guilds are always in the same championship
and the 7th worst guild always be 1st because the 6 even worse guilds are in the group with them

so for me new guilds that can't compete with other not being able to become first is well balanced :rolleyes:

being a winner because someone is in the worst group wouldn't make him a winner
then he would still be a loser. only not such a big loser then the rest in that group

it'd be like putting together a flyweight and a heavyweight in a boxing match
lol no it is not
the flyweight would still fighting flyweights (iron age)
and the heavyweight the heavyweights (arctic)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4256

so from your point of view it'd be a balanced hood putting 60 LMA players (3 months playing) with 20 AF players (3 years playing) all together in the same hood, why should the 20 AF ones compete against other 60 players with their same level and/or playing time?