• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Why ever want more personal rewards?
A guild activity must remain a guild activity.
We participate to advance the guild, not to advance his city!

justMDZ

Farmer
Why ever want more personal rewards?
A guild activity must remain a guild activity.
We participate to advance the guild, not to advance his city!

the intent is not so much the personal prize, but it is to marginalize the prize to the most collaborative of the guild

DeletedUser10047

BuildingTotal goodsTime to constructEffect
Outpost5005 hoursIncreases by 10% the amount of advances that an enemy needs to conquer the province.
Fortress30006 hoursIncreases by 30% the amount of advances that an enemy needs to conquer the province.
Decoys5004 hoursCreates a 15% chance that an enemy will suffer double the amount of attrition.
Traps30005 hoursCreates a 45% chance that an enemy will suffer double the amount of attrition.
Watchtower5001 hourCreates an 8% chance that members of the guild owning this province will not suffer attrition while attacking adjacent provinces.
Siege Camp30002 hoursCreates a 24% chance that members of the guild owning this province will not suffer attrition while attacking adjacent provinces.
Banner25030 minutesGenerates 10% more victory points per hour.
Statue15001 hourGenerates 30% more victory points per hour.
Palace120006 hoursGenerates 75% more victory points per hours and increases by 30% the amount of advances that an enemy needs to conquer the province.

DeletedUser9767

Please leave any feedback on the new feature Guild Battlegrounds in this thread.
You can find the details here.
I think it is a good idea except that, I believe the guilds should be close in number of members. It's impossible that, for example, 5 guilds of 1 or 2 members compete with a guild of 6 or 8 members. That is the case for our guild. We are 4 guilds of 1 and 2 members against 2 guilds one of 6 and the other one of 8 members.

DeletedUser10047

How many guilds do people think are in a world where having guilds compete by size is reasonable? Obviously you can't have 1 person guilds compete against 2 person guilds. And 2 person guilds can't compete against 3 person guilds. Where do you stop?

Once the leagues get sorted, each guild will be competing against other guilds of equal participation and performance. It may take a few seasons for everything to get sorted though.

Personal rewards still need to be better. Right now GE rewards are perceived to be better than GBG ones. Maybe give a fragment of the Statue of honor every 5 battles, or ten battles. Players who do a lot need to be VISUALLY better rewarded than the ones doing less. Other rewards are nice but they disappear. The fragments sit in the inventory, and one can do planning of when one will be able to build the statue, that is motivational.
Great idea about getting fragments as drop rewards.
I personally think the individual rewards for participating are quite good as they are, but including say a 5% chance of dropping a couple of fragments would be a good incentive for players.

DeletedUser9666

It's already better than SoKs, both on FP/tile and motivations. I honestly don't understand the hate towards it.

Sure. It is also better than 12 Bronze Age rocks because they give zero fps and need to be motivated.
However, players who know how to count rarely keep rocks or SOKs anymore.

So to put this Statue of Honor a player may need to delete a Viking Tree that takes only 9 tiles, gives 6 fps, 20 goods and 30% attack boost. And it does not require sacrificing thousands of troops and goods for many months to collect zillion idiotic puzzle pieces.

Natalia1

Squire
In the best guilds, players can quickly build several statues.
Some more fragments .....
That is not correct. First in platinum league gives 91 fragments, and that will take several months to get that building to a decent level. It will take more than a month per level

DeletedUser10318

Having done a bit more analysis, I now understand better why the developers have balanced the rewards within each battlefield the way it is.

In silver league, the winner gets 39 fragments and 163.8k guild power. The 8th place loser gets 28 fragments and 117.2k guild power. The difference between 1st and 8th doesn't seem like it is worth the effort. But as has been pointed out, the biggest factor isn't where a guild places from season to season, but which league it is in. Being in a higher league means getting significantly better rewards, even for finishing last.

But any guild that finishes in last runs the risk of being demoted to a lower league and getting significantly lesser rewards. This has all been explained before, but some people find this demotivating.

Also, there could be a guild of 60 members but only one member actively participates in GBG, yet all 60 members will benefit - they will all get fragments and the guild will get power. With only one member participating, that guild will be in copper league so the rewards won't be that great. But if all 60 members were to participate - even at a minimal level - that guild would easily be in gold league or even platinum league. By not participating, those guild members can be grateful they are getting something for nothing, but they could all be getting so much more.

The copper league rewards are the minimum that any guild will get for participating. It's like those non-competitive children's leagues where all the kids get a trophy just for participating. Similar participation rewards can be found throughout the game - 1 FP per hour just for keeping the bar below 10 FPs, free coins from the town hall just for clicking on the building once a day, and so on.

Each guild has an MMR (Match-Making Rating). This MMR is originally computed using various factors, but after a few seasons the initial factors will be of no account and only placement within Battlegrounds will determine a guild's MMR. This MMR is used to divide the guilds into leagues.

Let's create a scenario with a world where there are 320 guilds that participate in Battlegrounds. Then the 32 guilds with the highest MMR will be placed into diamond league. The next highest 80 guilds will be in platinum league, then 96 guilds in gold league, 80 guilds in silver league, and 32 guilds in copper league.

With 32 guilds in diamond league, there will be 4 diamond battlegrounds. These battlegrounds can be thought of as diamond-1, diamond-2, diamond-3 and diamond-4. The eight guilds with the highest MMR are placed together in diamond-1. The guilds with MMR ranking 9-16 are placed together in diamond-2. The guilds ranked 17-24 are in diamond-3 while guilds ranked 25-32 are in diamond-4.

While there are 32 guilds in diamond league, those guilds will not all be of equal ability. In any world, there will probably be 2-4 guilds who are quite a bit better than those below them. Those guilds will likely be in diamond-1 and stay there. Below that highest echelon of guilds will be a smattering of guilds - maybe 10-20 - who are competitive. These guilds will mostly stay in diamond league, but will shift around between diamond-1 and below. Then there will be another range of guilds who will bounce back and forth between the highest platinum battlefields (platinum-1 to platinum-3) and the lower diamond battlefields (diamond-3 and diamond-4).

Nothing is fixed, however. If a guild loses a few members, it will probably drop to a different (lower) equilibrium point. A guild that adds a couple of power players is going to climb. How much a difference one or two players makes depends on where the guild was. A guild that was generally around platinum-8 might find itself around platinum-2 with the addition of a power player or two. Or find itself down around gold-8 with the loss of a player or two instead.

The gap in abilities between a guild in platinum-1 and a guild in platinum-10 isn't that big, but probably big enough that the platinum-1 guild would probably win a large percentage of the time in a matchup between them. Which is to say that the guild that takes 8th place in platinum-1 is still a stronger guild that most guilds that in platinum-4 or below, and certainly stronger than any guild in gold, silver, or copper.

With the exception of the top 2-4 guilds, most guilds are not going to stay in the same battlefield for very long. A guild that places in the top 3 will likely move to a higher battlefield (platinum-5 to platinum-4 or even platinum-3). And a guild that places in the bottom three will likely move to a lower battlefield (platinum-5 to platinum-6 or platinum-7). Except for diamond-1, there should be plenty of movement of guilds from season to season. And even diamond-1 will see fresh guilds from season to season (although over several seasons, there will be repeats - "Hey, we fought against these yahoos two seasons ago").

What this boils down to is this: the guild that takes 8th in platinum-1 is equally as good as the guild that takes 1st in platinum-2. On that basis, there shouldn't be a whole lot of difference between the rewards they each get.

On the other hand, the guild that takes 8th in platinum-5 is significantly better than the guild that takes 1st in gold-5. It's just that a guild in platinum-5 is facing much harder competition than the guild in gold-5.

In a nutshell, but current balancing of rewards for battlefield placement makes sense.

dontwannaname explained very nice the current state of Guild Battlegrounds. Well done InnoGames.

Implementing minimum activity for a Guild to receive rewards was a good decision, and I suggest in the same way each member of the Guild needs to show minimum activity to receive their reward/s.

My suggestion for the future is to have a Premier / Inter-World league for the top 1-3 Guilds from each world. For example, in the English server the Premier league could be up to 2x17 Guilds = 34 => sorted in up to 4 battlegrounds. Rewards in the Premier league should be better than Diamond league to encourage Guilds to join it. Premier league should be voluntarily, so Guilds from new worlds can chose to stay in their local diamond league until they are ready for the Premier league.

I would limit the number of Guilds from the same world to 3 so that the Premier league does not become a league of 2 or 3 of the most advanced worlds, and at the same time keep 1 spot for new worlds if they want to join.

At the end of each session lowest ranked Guilds will leave the Premier league and replaced with top Diamond league Guilds - keeping the rule max 3 Guilds from the same world, and 1 guaranteed spot for a best Guild from each world.

Again, well done InnoGames – I will buy extra diamonds in my real world as an appreciation for good work

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
First in platinum league gives 91 fragments, and that will take several months to get that building to a decent level. It will take more than a month per level
Yes, and it's very fast.
Otherwise what will you do in 2 or 3 years?
You will ask for levels 8, 9 or 10 to this statue?

In "diamond" it will go even faster

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I do love the battleground, I never liked GvG but it is way to expensive and the rewards are to poor. I do negations and it can't be right, that it cost me more diamonds than I get back.
I would like to keep do my 64 encounters in GE together with battleground.
1. Let silver from the Inn work for Battleground too, that will make it less expensive in diamonds.
2. Slow the attrition down a little
3. Increase the rewards a little more

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
The increments of attrition for fights start slow (i.e. 2% per level) and then get more severe per level, until they increase by 20% each level until reaching the hardcap of 1750%.
Negotiations will require +1 good for each try every few attrition levels.

Both battle and negotiation have a cap, because the cap is essentially on the attrition level itself. It goes up to 100, but not beyond. So both the attack/defense of the enemy armies as well as the costs for negotiations, do not increase beyond that point.

I think this limit (1,750%) is too low.

It seems that some players can fight without limit (several hundred fights the same day). The only limit may be the number of units, depending on the number of deaths.
As the bonuses of the attackers still rise the current attrition will not be enough.

DeletedUser6873

I think this limit (1,750%) is too low.

It seems that some players can fight without limit (several hundred fights the same day). The only limit may be the number of units, depending on the number of deaths.
As the bonuses of the attackers still rise the current attrition will not be enough.

Have you an evidence for this? Because in my home world, where i have more then 500% attack boost, it will be impossible for me to defeat this army. But at the beginning it will be possible for me to negoitate at 100%, because i have more then 70000 mars good.