• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
If it's a mismatch the larger guild will promote and the mismatch won't happen again. If your 3 player guild is a monster and is taking on a league where your opposition is mostly 20 player guilds, congratulations! That's a good accomplishment. Worst comes to worst, you get bumped down a league and next season's easier. Certainly in the extreme case the 3 player guild shouldn't be getting the same rewards as the server's top 80 player guild just for being the "best" 3 player guild - hence the matchmaking should ignore size and just take into account results (aka what league you've been placed in by winning/losing previous rounds). If there's enough leagues you should find yourself amongst relatively even competition most seasons once it gets going.

Copper seems like it'll be a snooze to get out of (my 1 person guild is the only one in my group with provinces, only 1 other guild has made any progress on taking one even) - so the question is how competitive will silver be. A place where you need a few active players to promote? Or a place where you're likely to get bounced down to copper without a significant number of active players?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Oberservations regarding attrition...

On beta server I only got a fledgling city and therefor i only was able to negotiate. With that I got about till level 20, where it startet to get too expensive for me.
But it is also very effective, as I get 2 progress per negotiation.

Today in GE on my main world i found that I already start to struggle in auto fight against 2 wave opponents with about 100% bonus (encounter 52 PME)....

Considering that that is exactly the point where negotiations start to get "too expensive" as well, I am pretty sure that I will barely do any fights there and I will mostly negotiate, even though I have a fairly OK city (+243% Att/+123 Def.)

For me, to even consider fighting in GBG, the progression of attrition for negotiating would have to be steeper and/or the progression of attrition for fighting would have to be shallower... at least in the lower attrition levels...

Natalia1

Squire
Oberservations regarding attrition...

On beta server I only got a fledgling city and therefor i only was able to negotiate. With that I got about till level 20, where it startet to get too expensive for me.
But it is also very effective, as I get 2 progress per negotiation.

Today in GE on my main world i found that I already start to struggle in auto fight against 2 wave opponents with about 100% bonus (encounter 52 PME)....

Considering that that is exactly the point where negotiations start to get "too expensive" as well, I am pretty sure that I will barely do any fights there and I will mostly negotiate, even though I have a fairly OK city (+243% Att/+123 Def.)

For me, to even consider fighting in GBG, the progression of attrition for negotiating would have to be steeper and/or the progression of attrition for fighting would have to be shallower... at least in the lower attrition levels...

I do not think that GE and GBG are directly comparable I find that in GE the defending armies are harder than in GBG. I can do fine versus 600 Attk/Def in GBG, but there are a couple battles in GE 4 with Attk/Def 300 or so that I have to be very careful about. Mars era here

DeletedUser9523

We are definitely keeping an eye on the stats to consider a rebalancing of the attrition levels.
I assume that after this season we will have solid statistics to look at (first season stats on the other hand have to be taken with a grain of salt, as everyone was still figuring out the new feature). ;)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Regarding the battleground log....

Is it intended that it resets every day?

Yesterdays conquered province is not showing anymore. Also there should be at least one opposing guilds activity from yesterday.

podkap1970

Emperor
Did you notice this has already been answered multiple times?
of course i did read it everytime, i only try to tell them that it have the most priority
wonder how you can release this feature without making a logfile :)

inclusive we need a mouseover info about the goods we have/need the cost of the building, plus how long they need to build

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
regarding loot:

Yesterday i got 9 times loot for 20 negotiations - today I only got 3 (also 20 negotiations)...

The loot still is mostly FP - of the 12 loot, 10 were FP and only 2 were goods. diamonds and units seem to be really rare...

Or do you get goods only after negotiating and units only after fighting?

DeletedUser7817

The drop rate is ok for FP and the rest.
In silver league you get 3FP, 1 unit, 10 goods(from the same type), 10 Diamonds..
How are the prizes in gold,platinum and diamond leagues ?

DeletedUser9523

The drop rate is ok for FP and the rest.
In silver league you get 3FP, 1 unit, 10 goods(from the same type), 10 Diamonds..
How are the prizes in gold,platinum and diamond leagues ?

The possible rewards in all leagues are:
  • Forge Points
  • 1 Unit
  • 5 Units
  • 10 Goods
  • 50 Goods
  • Diamonds
The higher the league, the more FP and Diamonds you would get (Diamonds are 5 in Copper league, and +5 for each league higher).
For the other rewards it's rather the case that the better reward gets more likely (for example, the chance to get 5 units is incredibly low in Copper league, but this chance is increased up until Diamond league, whereas here the chance to get a single unit decreases likewise).

DeletedUser9761

I didn't read all the feedback pages but one suggestion I would like to see is the amount of resets increased to at least twice a day. Thank you.

DeletedUser9761

If number of resets aren't on table then the attrition rate should be a lot lower to get in twice as many fights. I'll take either suggestion to get more fights in. Thank you.

DeletedUser8881

my guild (2 members) has been in the Silver League since Tuesday,
our opponents guild members : 12; 9; 1; 5;2
it is very unequal how one should arrive with 2 members against 12 opponents, it is impossible

DeletedUser10047

Guild size is not the main consideration in determining how well a guild will do in Battlegrounds. I am in a guild of size 80. A guild with only 20 members is dominating our current battlefield. But it doesn't matter. The dominant guilds will gain MMR and get placed against tougher opponents next season. In a couple more seasons, competition should be mostly evenly balanced - regardless of guild size.

DeletedUser9666

The higher the league, the more FP and Diamonds you would get (Diamonds are 5 in Copper league, and +5 for each league higher).
For the other rewards it's rather the case that the better reward gets more likely (for example, the chance to get 5 units is incredibly low in Copper league, but this chance is increased up until Diamond league, whereas here the chance to get a single unit decreases likewise).

So if a player is very active in GBG, while other guildmates have very little interest in GBG, that player will be penalized with lower individual rewards (fps, goods, diamonds) for other players' inactivity?

That's the idea behind this system?

I have lost hundreds of troops, hundreds of diamonds and thousands of goods in GBG so far. All I got so far was bunch of 2 fps, 10 diamonds, 10 troops and 50 robots.

On life server - how long player like me will continue to be interested in GBG - assuming my guild will never leave copper league?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9859

So if a player is very active in GBG, while other guildmates have very little interest in GBG, that player will be penalized with lower individual rewards (fps, goods, diamonds) for other players' inactivity?

That's the idea behind this system?

Same thing with Guild Expedition. If your guild doesn't have enough goods or doesn't care to open the higher difficulties, you are stuck with only one, two or three, blocking you from difficulty four and getting every reward. If you want more nothing prevents you from joining an active guild or making your own with people who want the same.