• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser9523

Can a guild destroy their own province buildings?
Yes, they can. For instance to free up a slot to place a different building.

Is there a concept of releasing a province?
No, provinces cannot be given up. But there should also not be a reason to do so. ;)

If a province is 99% taken and the hour is up. Will the province go back to 0 at reset and the guild is forced to take it all over again. (Trying to figure out if guilds can exploit by blocking other guilds or just exchange provinces between friends.)
Progression points towards provinces are not lost over time. The only way to lose progression is either when your guild loses all adjacent provinces (to the province you were attacking) or after another guild was faster in taking it (in which case your guild loses half of its previous claim).

DeletedUser7454

HUGE LACK OF COMUNICATION, between comunity manager and DEVs

I disagree. Yes, we do not get everything what we want but in truth why should we? We are as you said customers and INNO is the the one who is selling us it's product. That they involve us in the product testing is really great ... and frankly they really do not have to do it. Throughout the years I have seen many examples when our inputs were taken seriously and changes were implemented. Although sometimes the changes were not popular, but there is more to consider then just our opinions when changes are made. There are data that we do not see -- like how any players use a feature, how many play on mobile, how many are hard core players, which events are popular etc. And also data on bottom line -- that is what feature may keep the customers playing and will bring revenue. After all this is a business even if it says "free" game nothing is free in this world ;).

I only say this as I find the post very negative, especially when there is a good discussion going on with The Envoy. Additionally Zarok always does a fabulous job as mod -- something that is not a very rewarding when they have to read post like this. I played other online games and I can tell you this -- FoE forums are well managed with inputs from mods and developers alike. Of course we do not always like the responses but that is another issue :). It is our job to give critique so the game become better. But when I mean critique -- i mean a constructive criticism.

I found it a great move to ask for our input not just on beta but also on the live servers. I see it t is a brainstorming session and I believe it will help to shape this feature. And I know that most suggestion will not make it into the final product .. but some might.

DeletedUser9982

I disagree. Yes, we do not get everything what we want but in truth why should we? We are as you said customers and INNO is the the one who is selling us it's product. That they involve us in the product testing is really great ... and frankly they really do not have to do it. Throughout the years I have seen many examples when our inputs were taken seriously and changes were implemented. Although sometimes the changes were not popular, but there is more to consider then just our opinions when changes are made. There are data that we do not see -- like how any players use a feature, how many play on mobile, how many are hard core players, which events are popular etc. And also data on bottom line -- that is what feature may keep the customers playing and will bring revenue. After all this is a business even if it says "free" game nothing is free in this world ;).

I only say this as I find the post very negative, especially when there is a good discussion going on with The Envoy. Additionally Zarok always does a fabulous job as mod -- something that is not a very rewarding when they have to read post like this. I played other online games and I can tell you this -- FoE forums are well managed with inputs from mods and developers alike. Of course we do not always like the responses but that is another issue :). It is our job to give critique so the game become better. But when I mean critique -- i mean a constructive criticism.

I found it a great move to ask for our input not just on beta but also on the live servers. I see it t is a brainstorming session and I believe it will help to shape this feature. And I know that most suggestion will not make it into the final product .. but some might.
It was intended to be negative!
You forgot to quote the most important parts!
Thank you

DeletedUser7647

What you need to do is remove the APPLE style menus.
Get rid of dual menus on a Hover over in GvG- if I really want to know the coordinates of the tile(which should be written) i should right click and get info.- tile name, coordinates(withing battle moves etc.)
you have it set up so crapped up you cannot seriously think all pc's will behave the same, and all connections?
for 2 years now i have suffered because of my speedy computer AND connection in GvG because i get that stupid menu before i can get the one i need.
just making pretty adjustments is not a solution.
I do not understand why i need to see the name and the coordinates of the tile i JUST sieged and are in the process of attacking. It is like saying you cannot design outside of a mac.

Owl II

Emperor
Hi, The Envoy. Thanks for this new gameplay
Is it possible to make random maps for each round of battle? Or they always will be the same?

Mr.Quib

Squire
This question heavily depends on how much time the new feature should be able to "demand" from players.
What I have read throughout the forums is that some players fear that the game ultimately demands too much activity if you look at everything FoE has to offer - once Battlegrounds are released.
People find it too demanding already, Battlegrounds would come on top of that.

DeletedUser9666

As much as I am heartbroken to see that Inno gave up on GvG, I do understand reasons behind it. So I will not waste time here trying to change Inno's mind.

Summary Feedback for GBGs:

K I S S - Keep It Simple Stupid

Right now you have placed negotiations, fighting, building in sectors, leagues, strategic move planning and team coordination and several other old concepts together. So players need to figure out mechanics first and those who succeed, will also need to find time and resources somewhere to participate while responding to guild demands....
Where is the fun part of this concept?
I mean something that should motivate players to make this extraordinary effort?

GBGs concept is not a GvG mobile substitute as it is not aggressive, pure military thing that engages players accross guilds on more personal level - alliances, back- stabbing, loyalties, fighting evil bullies, trash talk, heroism, you name it. GvG is an Alpha-dog playground.

Is GBG an alpha-dog playground?
Does it allow for creative and diversified strategies?
Does it require creating alliances, friendships, new kind of enemies, and other forms of social behavior that bond players together?

Suggestions:
1. Guilds send "Olympic-games-style" representations to compete in GBG. Let's say 3 fighters, 3 negotiators, and 3 builders. This way other guild members will not be tortured with leadership demands to participate in GBG.
2. Three fighters fight, three negotiators negotiate. Now, why builders? To engage players who focused their game strategy on leveling GBs. Erecting GBG building in GBG hexes cannot be based on guild treasury resources because big chunk of guilds have their treasuries almost empty. So basing GBG success on something that is already a problem for many guilds is setting the whole concept of GBG for failure from the start. GBG buildings have to use resource, other than treasury/personal goods. Resource that only players with high lv GB have. What? Well, I have not figured out that part yet...
3. The rewards to winning teams have to be mind-blowing. Why? Because of the amount of additional effort the new feature requires. Forget Himeji rewards. You need to do much better than that. So if you want to award new GB prints - better this new GB produces diamonds every day.:D
That may catch attention even the most disengaged players.
4. Players have to know who exactly are they competing against. Why? To create at least some rudimentary social context for this new feature. The current competitors have to have their avatars marked somehow. They are the new alpha-dogs. That may help motivate other players to become contestant next time.
5. There needs to be some sort of "progress window" awailable to access for players who do not compete but who are interested in seeing how is their team doing. People get excited watching Olympic Games even though they do not compete themselves. That will help keep the non-competing players engaged.
6. I understand the rationale behind the league thing. It should be the main motivating mechanism behind this whole concept. I saw it in another game. But personally I disliked it. I do not think it gives sufficient level of accomplishment to be truly motivating. Too many guilds end up at the top. And almost always the same ones. Other guilds get disgruntled very soon... Just saying.

It is just a suggestion. I am putting it out there as my final contribution to this project. For what is worth.

It is a token of my appreciation to InnoGames for offering this opportunity to players (to be engaged in design).

Thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

housemouse

Squire
Suggestions:
1. Guilds send "Olympic-games-style" representations to compete in GBG. Let's say 3 fighters, 3 negotiators, and 3 builders. This way other guild members will not be tortured with leadership demands to participate in GBG..............

Great ideas in it. So you could really share all guild members.
It could give in advance even a bonus upgrade of the observatory. Then it would make sense again that we forced all guild members to set it up :)
And not only the arc would be meaningful.

DeletedUser9419

I only have one point I'd like to make clear: there needs to be a massive advantage for somebody to be in a higher age, and that advantage needs to be visible to people in the lower ages (unlike in gex, where the actual contribution is displayed/felt as second in importance, behind the percentage of the guild ranking)

Miepie

Baronet
I only have one point I'd like to make clear: there needs to be a massive advantage for somebody to be in a higher age, and that advantage needs to be visible to people in the lower ages (unlike in gex, where the actual contribution is displayed/felt as second in importance, behind the percentage of the guild ranking)

Why should a Guild feature have a massive advantage for the individual player? The idea is you do it for your guild and if that's not motivation enough, then don't do it.

And for TwoRivers idea, not a good one, it should be a Guild accomplishment so everybody wi thin the guild should participate. Guilds that do not have enough active and strong players for the fights and negotiations, should end up in lower leagues. And all the concerns I read about people fearing the top league being dominated by the strongest biggest guilds, DUHH! Those guilds also have worked the hardest to become such a guild so ofcourse they should dominate the top league en walk away with the best prices. That's how competitons work.

Last edited:

DeletedUser9410

And all the concerns I read about people fearing the top league being dominated by the strongest biggest guilds,

Not all the biggest guilds are the strongest, out of an 80 person guild how many are truly active daily, how many do gvg or even ge. Points and guild size strategically mean nothing, there is no reason why a small yet very active guild cant get into the higher leagues.
Im in a good biggish league on one world, yet every week there are members who do Zero GE and only about 6 or 7 who regularly do gvg, its not about the size of the guild, its about the amount of work and interest its members put in.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I do not like being in very large Guilds. It is way harder to get a large Guild work all together. Some Guilds will look for members who wont to be in the top League (Silver/Gold) where other Guilds will be happy being in the Bronze League and have fun fighting without ruin their RL to do it.
Last there will be Guilds, who do not care about GE, GvG or GBG or if memders are one each day.
I believe the League will be a great thing but hard to see if it will be balancet before we can test it.

I would like to see some kind of League in GE as it is annoying being up against sevelal Guilds, that do not fight at all. If there was Leagues in GE, the less active Guilds would find a little challenge too but sure, being in the Silver/Guld League will male the challenge harder there and we would not have weeks with very little challenge but I believe I would love that more than as it is now with weeks without challenge.

DeletedUser

Why should a Guild feature have a massive advantage for the individual player? The idea is you do it for your guild and if that's not motivation enough, then don't do it.

And for TwoRivers idea, not a good one, it should be a Guild accomplishment so everybody wi thin the guild should participate. Guilds that do not have enough active and strong players for the fights and negotiations, should end up in lower leagues. And all the concerns I read about people fearing the top league being dominated by the strongest biggest guilds, DUHH! Those guilds also have worked the hardest to become such a guild so ofcourse they should dominate the top league en walk away with the best prices. That's how competitons work.
Big guild with active members - sure, they should win. Big guild with not a lot of active members - why should they win with my active small guild? Being said earlier that leagues will be sorted between big in higher league and small in lower leagues, I am afraid that size of the guild will matter - while I put effort into building good guild without pimps and parasites (and since it's only mobile players, it is small), I am afraid our activity would mean nothing in GBG...

DeletedUser8939

At the end of the 10 days
What reward is there?
Are all the provinces lost?
Are all the buildings lost?
Do you recover something from the investment?

DeletedUser9523

What reward is there?
According to your placement and the league that you were playing in, your guild and all of its members get rewards.
This will be guild power, prestige, as well as fragments for a new building that is exclusive within the feature.

Are all the provinces lost?
Yes, the battleground gets completely reset, as you will also have different guilds as your enemies in the next battleground.

Are all the buildings lost?
Yup!

Do you recover something from the investment?
See first question. :)

DeletedUser9982

Yeah, yeah, we know, you want FPs. Stop being so hysterical and start being more constructive, maybe that would work.
Did i talk to you?
Respect me! I havent talked to you.
Dont talk to me as well.

DeletedUser9419

I'm not talking about the rewards for individual players, I'm talking about rewards for the guild. A guild of 80 Iron-Age-Forever-Idiots should be getting hellstomped by a guild of 5 equally active SAM players.

Miepie

Baronet
Big guild with active members - sure, they should win. Big guild with not a lot of active members - why should they win with my active small guild? Being said earlier that leagues will be sorted between big in higher league and small in lower leagues, I am afraid that size of the guild will matter - while I put effort into building good guild without pimps and parasites (and since it's only mobile players, it is small), I am afraid our activity would mean nothing in GBG...

Those pimps and parasites won't do very much for their guild, but if 30 members do 5 fights/negotiations a day, yes, they will have a higher score than a guild with 5 members doing 25 a day.

I'm not talking about the rewards for individual players, I'm talking about rewards for the guild. A guild of 80 Iron-Age-Forever-Idiots should be getting hellstomped by a guild of 5 equally active SAM players.

Why? Anybody who manages to get 80 active Iron-Age-Forever-Idiots together deserves my respect, I couldn't pull that one off if I wanted to. On the other hand, getting 5 active end of tech players together, quite doable. So why should that last accomplishment have more weight?