• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
On the DE Forums a first summary of player questions and Inno responses was added to the battleground announcement thread - should be here soon as well.

LastWarrior

Regent
Because of corruption and bugs I still think you would be better off totally binning GvG and concentrating on this new GbG, it is an awesome idea and is the way ahead, why hang onto a bugged system?
It will also need some sort of results for the guild or even leaders and above to see just who is not doing their bit as in GE.
Bring it on
A great idea, lets have it
Warrior

How can I say this in a nice way. A 5 man guild is indeed a lot easier to manage, but that doesn't make it better. You've chosen the easy option. In the GE your choice is, from a tactical viewpoint, the best choice. For GvG it is not. And for this new feature it won't be either. That isn't unfair, making a large group work effectively together is a lot thougher than coördinating a small group, but part of it is sharing the load. If you choose to carry that load with 5 players, that's fine but it will limit how much you can do in a day. That's the price you pay for avoiding the frustration of trying to motivate less enthousiastic players to do their bit.

In GE small guilds have a massive advantage over large guilds when it comes to % participation, lots of small guilds regularly achieve over 100% but even the active big guilds find it hard to manage that, which is why GE competition is divided into guilds of similar size otherwise the big guilds would really struggle to get any gold trophies. This is to allow every guild the opportunity to win no matter what it's size.
Having the guild battlegrounds also divided into similar size guilds would be for exactly the same reason, the difference being that without it the advantage would go to bigger guilds rather than going to smaller guilds as it would in GE without the size separation.
If it's OK to do it in GE to give bigger guilds a chance there, then it should be OK to do it in battlegrounds to give the smaller guild a chance.

1BFA

Viceroy
In GE small guilds have a massive advantage over large guilds when it comes to % participation, lots of small guilds regularly achieve over 100% but even the active big guilds find it hard to manage that, which is why GE competition is divided into guilds of similar size otherwise the big guilds would really struggle to get any gold trophies. This is to allow every guild the opportunity to win no matter what it's size.
Having the guild battlegrounds also divided into similar size guilds would be for exactly the same reason, the difference being that without it the advantage would go to bigger guilds rather than going to smaller guilds as it would in GE without the size separation.
If it's OK to do it in GE to give bigger guilds a chance there, then it should be OK to do it in battlegrounds to give the smaller guild a chance.

Since GE is cross world the pool is bigger, GBG is one world going by size may not work... Hopefully Inno has seen the stats

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Since GE is cross world the pool is bigger, GBG is one world going by size may not work... Hopefully Inno has seen the stats

They said they're doing it by leagues in GBG - and smaller guilds should find themself in lower leagues after a few cycles (and therefore making less prestige) but against teams that have similar activity levels and are a fair match.

DeletedUser7503

people are already suffering from "GE BURNOUT" as it has become monotonous and simplistic once someone has figured it out. creating another "feature" that works the same[but with different rewards] will not deliver the desired results. Get rid of the AA map and create separate era maps like FE and below[if for no other reason but to reduce the never ending lag in AA] Then limit participation in gvg to current era and the next two lower eras[this opens up the maps for less experienced players] THEN make prestige much closer to being even between all ages thus making the low/early eras as important as the high ages thus requiring guilds to be more of a mixture of players in all ages if they seek to achieve the #1 guild ranking on the server. THEN step up counter cheating efforts to identify people playing multiple accounts on the same server ......

sirblu

Baronet
Please leave any feedback on Guild Battlegrounds in this thread.
You can find the details here.
[In that sense, whenever you complete a battle in the context of a battleground, you build up attrition!
This is a percentage value that directly affects the (attack and defense) boosts of the defending armies that you will face.]

I am not sure I understand how this "Attrition" thing works.
So, whenever I complete a battle (does this mean win a battle?) or just complete regardless if I win, lose or draw?
Then I build up "attrition" which directly affects the boost of the defending armies I will face.
So my reward for winning a battle is to make it that much harder for me to win another battle until it is impossible to win a battle and then I can no longer participate?
Is that correct?

1BFA

Viceroy
[In that sense, whenever you complete a battle in the context of a battleground, you build up attrition!
This is a percentage value that directly affects the (attack and defense) boosts of the defending armies that you will face.]

I am not sure I understand how this "Attrition" thing works.
So, whenever I complete a battle (does this mean win a battle?) or just complete regardless if I win, lose or draw?
Then I build up "attrition" which directly affects the boost of the defending armies I will face.
So my reward for winning a battle is to make it that much harder for me to win another battle until it is impossible to win a battle and then I can no longer participate?
Is that correct?

Only when you win...yes only in GBG, more fights you win harder will be upcoming fights.. Same for negotiation as well...i guess the goods cost will be high...Attrition does resets once a day.

sirblu

Baronet
Only when you win...yes only in GBG, more fights you win harder will be upcoming fights.. Same for negotiation as well...i guess the goods cost will be high...Attrition does resets once a day.
Thanks BFA - That is certainly what it sounded like HMMM! I guess at this point it is a wait and see!

jovada

Regent
What i was wondering, with the app you can outplay pc player by dropping fp in a GB much faster and you block the pc player and give him serious loose. Not the first time that i'm dropping fp and i'm already at 1800+ and suddenly are blocked and an app player appears with 2000 giving me big loose.

So question is can inno garanty that the same will not happen with battleground, because the fp dropping question is almost a year goiing on now, and when you complain you receive a standard answer that they have other priorities.

1BFA

Viceroy
What i was wondering, with the app you can outplay pc player by dropping fp in a GB much faster and you block the pc player and give him serious loose. Not the first time that i'm dropping fp and i'm already at 1800+ and suddenly are blocked and an app player appears with 2000 giving me big loose.

So question is can inno garanty that the same will not happen with battleground, because the fp dropping question is almost a year goiing on now, and when you complain you receive a standard answer that they have other priorities.

In general is fighting or negotiation faster/slower on app vs PC?

podkap1970

Emperor
a year ?, this do happen since 2 years now!, when i stopped playing this game and they did implement this terrible new GB UI, where you have to click 400x the 10 FP button to put in 4k FP into a GB, and every months its getting worse
i was hoping Inno would get some fresh meat, new better coders, which think longer than 4 weeks into the future