• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
I would suggest
the head of each guild
before the beginning of the 10 day period
to have the right to declare
the number of players
which they will represent
the guild in the Guild Battleground
so the guilds that will fight
in Guild Battleground
they will have numerically equivalent active fighters players

sorry for english is from automatic translation

the text in Greek

Θα προτεινα ο επικεφαλής κάθε συντεχνίας
πριν από την έναρξη της περιόδου των 10 ημερών
να έχει το δικαίωμα να δηλώσει
τον αριθμό των παικτών που θα εκπροσωπήσουν την συντεχνία τους στο Guild Battleground
έτσι ωστε οι συντεχνίες που θα πολεμήσουν στο Guild Battleground
να έχουν αριθμητικά ισοδύναμους παίκτες απο ενεργους μαχητες

Last edited:

DeletedUser9666

Great idea Talamanta!

My 2 cents:

1. Very complex, difficult to understand system. I think most of average players will not have time or inclination to deal with it.
2. Very time demanding feature. More demanding than GvG. Majority of players already struggle with balancing game and RL obligations. So they may want to ignore it.
3. It will not appeal to GvG fighters looking for adrenaline rush that comes with direct combat against another, live player.
4. I understand your logic behind Attrition but it is a BAD idea. Top fighters need unlimited fighting opportunities. This feature does not help.
5. Lacks originality. Seem to build on proven, success of GE but GE mechanics are not powerful enough to power such a major addition to game like this. It needs its own - original, simple and fun structure behind it.

But the biggest problem is - If implemented, players will soon have twice more guild obligations to complete - GE + Battlegrounds requirements, to help their guild climb rankings. How many players look forward to that?

Dan 77

Squire
I see people here aaying that.. its to much already..
Having GvG, GE, Campaign, etc..

I dont agree at all!
People who have more time to play FoE will play on every field!
If you dont have time.. thats none of my business
So ... dont ruin the game, this briliant idea, just because.. its to much!

App, the game becomes available everywhere!! You can log in at anytime anywhere!
I dont see the reason to complain!!

Go Inno, your doing a great job!!
Bring it on as soon as possible
As well as event by event...
So I call "event" the time between the events.

DeletedUser9947

Are you seriously complaining about 'more stuff to do' ? XD
Guys, there's a saying: "we only realize when it's gone". This, Inno trying to get more things into the game, is great. If, for some reason, they decide to stop with it, you'll then realize how important those things are.

Dan 77

Squire
My 2 cents:

1. Very complex, difficult to understand system. I think most of average players will not have time or inclination to deal with it.
2. Very time demanding feature. More demanding than GvG. Majority of players already struggle with balancing game and RL obligations. So they may want to ignore it.
3. It will not appeal to GvG fighters looking for adrenaline rush that comes with direct combat against another, live player.
4. I understand your logic behind Attrition but it is a BAD idea. Top fighters need unlimited fighting opportunities. This feature does not help.
5. Lacks originality. Seem to build on proven, success of GE but GE mechanics are not powerful enough to power such a major addition to game like this. It needs its own - original, simple and fun structure behind it.
1. Really?
2. I totally agree (but we don't already know, which content will be more time demanding).
3. I totally agree.
4. It's neccessary for the balance of GBattles.
players will soon have twice more guild obligations to complete - GE + Battlegrounds requirements, to help their guild climb rankings. How many players look forward to that?
That's true :(

Last edited:

Dan 77

Squire
Are you seriously complaining about 'more stuff to do' ? XD
Guys, there's a saying: "we only realize when it's gone". This, Inno trying to get more things into the game, is great. If, for some reason, they decide to stop with it, you'll then realize how important those things are.
New things are good. In this game, even cultural settlements in some way, but mainly the new ages! But more and more content to be in game AT ONCE??

Last edited:

DeletedUser10100

As a guild Founder & one of the few doing GVG (on a PC). I wish to add this. I do use the lower age GVG provinces for training of new GVG fighters. As they gain experience they move up to more advanced ages. Our issue has been not having enough goods to advance further. I suggest allowing guilds to trade goods between guilds. Obviously guild founders & leaders would be the ones to do this. Since guilds don't have FPs, maybe charge some medals per trade. I haven't done much in the AA province myself due to being only CA. I for one like fighting in the lower ages. Of course the Alcatraz is the game changer for GVG without it, it is really tough to be successful in GVG. I prefer to manually fight GVG, but I find most fighters are from higher ages & strictly use autobattle. Between the Campaign Map, GBs, GE, Special Events, Daily Challenges & Open Market goods seem to forever be in short supply. I'm thinking that maybe the costs in GVG grow too quickly. It is really hard for small & new guilds to join in the challenge of GVG. I wonder what the current numbers are of PC players to iphone users. I get the feeling that most are iphone users. I myself can't read the small screen on the iphone, so I don't play that way. Maybe on a tablet, but I don't have one. I will try this new feature when opened. I'm still learning the cultural settlement methods. With GE tied into GVG success I will continue to work towards my guilds success in that area. I'll answer any question that comes up & folks wish to ask.

Thunderdome

Emperor
How have they killed the feature by making it available on the mobile platform?
Umm, you may want to re-read that, mate.

First sentence is the category. Second sentence is the concern that it's not going to be available for the mobile players. Third sentence is me asking them to pull up the numbers.

DeletedUser7207

Hi,

I have a question about the launch of the "Guild Battlegrounds":
Will the "Guild Battlegrounds" be launched on the same date throughout FoE or will we first test it in Beta?

I hope you can help me resolve the doubt, thank you very much.

* I'm sorry for my english is machine translation :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

Stingy

Squire
Guild Battlefields: idea is good as it will be playable both on PC and mobile.
If you manage to make it work as it should, then let's have it.
Ditch GvG please. A lot of players are very negative towards this, seen how it can be 'misused' by some knowledgeable players.
But foremost: present this in a far better way then you did...
A big part on the live International server (UK/US), a smaller part here on beta... who is managing this communication?
So, come on, you surely can do this better InnoGames!

DeletedUser

iPenguinPat

Squire
Regarding GvG:
If GvG were available on Mobile it would be far more popular. Even if not the best experience, players would attempt even if only to help their guild.
There are plenty of players that play on puffin. I understand that it's not bad on tablet, except a bit slow at times. It's hard on the phone, but there are plenty of players that are able to fill DAs and even fight in small scale. Definitely not optimal for if having to lead fighting across several ages.

GvG is pretty complex. There could/should be either a step-by-step tutorial or a video training. If there was a practice area where a player could learn the mechanics without serious points/unit loss, it would definitely bring more into the fold.

One of the bigger challenges for GvG is that so much is decided at recalc. Because people's schedules, it's really hard for a lot of people to make that specific time.

AF, OF, VF = no man's land soon. Before SA:M, players in FE were still able to play in AA. Once SA:M is out, those units are strong enough that they will more-or-less make all other units obsolete. That makes the jump from FE to AA a 5-6 month wait. That will definitely discourage a lot of players that want to GvG but don't want to be in no-mans-land where their age-specific arc and units are both useless for GvG. It might not add more players to the pool, but if definitely could shrink the pool of players.

There's a lot of players that only play FoE for GvG at this point, and many of them are pretty big spenders. They might buy into the BG concept, or they might just get POed and quit.

Regarding Battlegrounds:
The general concept is good, but there are definitely a few major drawbacks
It's not a real-time and fast-paced as GvG and will lack the "skill" for sieging, breaking sieges, slipping DAs, etc.
It's one more thing to be doing. Managing Daily, Events, GE, GvG, Settlement, SA Colony, and soon to be BGs... It will become too much for a lot of players. No idea how to balance that.

And BG questions:
How are groups matched? Guild size? Guild Rank?
Is there a global scoreboard?
How will BG's affect guild power/ranking within a world?
How will BG's affect guild level?
Are the fights prearranged like GE (so you can find the best matchup), or random like GvG?
Will the fights always be 1 wave? 2 wave? more than 2?
Are all ages weighted equally?
When guilds need to attack in BGs and defend in GvG how will that work? (obviously, they'll have to choose. Could lead to some pretty frustrated folks -> non GvG guilds could focus their attacks around recalc and make it harder for GvG focused guilds to take proper countermeasures... lots of unhappy campers to follow)

BG ideas:
Could this be setup more like an area ladder rather than GvG? Fighters can team up and fight other fighters paired up. 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, 10v10, etc.
Teams/guilds could be paired up with other teams real time instead of having to watch maps endlessly.
Anything that's more real-time and requires less endless map watching is better.

DeletedUser10097

Hi! it only plays 5% of the players in gvg because you have led us. In the last 3 seasons (soon four) we have and play on a map with no extra cost ... the medals are millions in each guild ... until the future percentage of the players it was much bigger. It is better to open new maps in the non-existing seasons (and to improve by bugs and to protect themselves from auto-clickers), rather than getting a better version of GE (so it looks like the new feature) we have missed our interest
we have missed our interestby the above. ... not because we do not like gvg ..

moideux

Merchant
Does GvG need fixing? Yes, it was a broken implementation from the get go. There was never any flow and players not close to Germany were punished by slower access to the servers. The balancing of sector values diminished the power rewards. 3 steps to defend VS 2 to attack, The cost of goods to hold multiple sectors was too great for smaller guilds which I believe is the biggest detraction from more guilds/players being involved. You add to this the complexity of GvG gameplay and strtegy and you have chased players away. Then you have the time committments required to defend/take sectors plus the need to be online at reset Inno created a monster that has been doomed right out of the box.
Now you wish to fix it. The decription of the proposed changes does not give much information on the gameplay aspect, so without a more indepth explaination there is very little to talk about. My suggestion would be to create a separate Beta (as was done a while back) to show and test some of the concepts before bringing them online. I would also suggest that you completely drop Flash and what cannot be ported be dropped. In this way you write code that is universal ie it works the same way on all platforms.

DeletedUser8338

I think that there will be nothing to fix in gvg afterwards. Gradually it will become a thing of the past. Why kill time, units for influence, if you are given a new building in the new function, plus a reward for the battle (5 fp)
only the most persistent will remain in Gwg and it is very sad. nothing in the game gives as much adrenaline as 10 seconds before the reset and 10 seconds after it ;)

housemouse

Squire
Of course, it is important that such a feature be available on all platforms, because a large part of the guild composition now consists of mobile players.
In my opinion, however, a large part of the app player never plays very long and not necessarily attentive.
For that often and half-heartedly.
Guild leaders will surely know what I mean.
App players just barely take their time and many do not care about guild life right now.
That may sometimes be because it is really gambled only in small breaks or on the road.
Quick a few fights here, quickly caught up with a harvest. Already it is hard to bring everyone together to a table.
It is not without reason that the top 10 guilds do not take in any or only a few mobile players. This is not only because they can not play GVG, but because they hardly spend time on the guild, but mostly only take care of themselves.
So the goal should be to bring players, no matter which platform, together in a community. And so it is worth it for those who on the phone during the lunch break sometimes worth it to sit at another time to the laptop and do something together with the guild.
For this it has to be worthwhile for the guild community as well as for the individual player.
This is certainly not achieved with a few battlefield buildings that are gone after time anyway.
So what about a guild town where all gildies have access and that you can build together with the guild? This can then produce bonuses for the individual player and for the guild.
Similar to the guild levels.
Ranking lists are also nothing that lures someone behind the stove. It can certainly be an incentive to compete against other guilds, if you had any chance of even getting into the top 10.
But continuing to work on a guild target, which also brings benefits for each guild member, certainly provides more incentive to participate in activities.
In addition, perhaps something with which guild leaders can explicitly reward their players.

GVG and GEx are just totally boring, not to mention the settlements. So you have to do something here too. I could imagine summarizing these parts of the game to make boring time guzzlers a nice guild game that players like to play, not just because they have to. So instead of more outsourced game parts 1 game with many variations.
And so that it can be played by individual player as well, no matter what time, as well as several who like to meet at a time to do something together. The fight offers as well as negotiation and maybe even something new.

For my part, I do not want another feature, which only eats away more time and basically is not fun.
FoE has enough topics to choose from.
We have cultures, ages, history and events as well as the development of our own city.
Main focuses are the own development and the common play in a guild and cross platform.
Maybe you should first be clear about it, before you crash into another feature again.
I think in that case it may be worth it to grab the cat by the tail.

I would think it makes sense to start a rough draft here and expand it together with the excellent ideas of the players here. And with a lot of time.
I have read fantastic ideas in the German Forum and here too. And these are certainly synonymous in other forums.
Maybe you should open an extra forum, especially for this important thing where all FoE servers are represented.

talamanta

Baronet
Pathfinder
https://prnt.sc/nrbupn
http://prntscr.com/nrbvju

there are even 1 player
who has fought in the GvG
and who thinks he can
to apply this ?
you did image
those mentioned in the 2 paragraphs
what can happen ?

if the moment
the adversary guild
they are attacking youif
You and your members
try to acquire first
their own sector with ... negotiations

sorry for english is from automatic translation
the text in Greek

Υπαρχει εστω και 1 παιχτης ο οποιος να εχει κανει μαχες στον GvG
και που πιστευει οτι μπορει να εφαρμοστουν αυτα ?
Καντε εικονα αυτα που αναφερουν οι 2 παραγραφοι τι θα μπορει να συμβει ?
Εαν την στιγμη κατα την οποια η αντιπαλη συντεχνια σας κανει επιθεση
εσεις και τα μελη σας προσπαθειτε να αποκτισετε πρωτοι τον δικο τους τομεα
με ...διαπραγματευσεις