• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Dessire

Regent
I really miss the smiley which beats its forehead on the wall. Please do it.

They have been discussing for three days how many diamonds GBG brings. But no one remembered that GBG can devour much more than it brings. You just need to give the guilds a reason to compete. Just give them a reason to fight, not farm, so that they fight for the first place, and for the fifth place to fight too
I still remember te times where the level of a guild was important enough to make players join to it. receive 5 daily FPs thanks to the guild was a good reason to be part of it, now that does not matter. GbG should give rewards to guilds, not players. In that way, guilds will become more important than have a lot of attack and do infinite fights in any guild with enough goods in treasury.

CrashBoom

Legend
ok everybody:

i believe this thread will help determine the outcome, because mods read it and they are in contact with the devs and also forward our opinions to the devs:

please help determine the outcome.

and also, inno needs to know where the community stands.

do you prefer the way of the shinies or do you prefer the way of the GBG-nerf? (if you dont know what the way of the shinies is, read the discussion from the last 2-3 days)

please post either

„i prefer the way of the shinies“

or

„i prefer the way of the GBG nerf“
I prefer that the nerf will be released on live immediately

I still remember te times where the level of a guild was important enough to make players join to it. receive 5 daily FPs thanks to the guild was a good reason to be part of it, now that does not matter. GbG should give rewards to guilds, not players. In that way, guilds will become more important than have a lot of attack and do infinite fights in any guild with enough goods in treasury.
I've read several times that only 5% of the player base plays GvG. I don't know if this is accurate but, if it is anywhere close, this indicates that players are selfish (I am). Some may argue that the low GvG participation is a consequence of GvG not being accessible on mobile. Really? The players that eschew GvG do so because they do not have access to a PC? I think not. I would predict that giving the GBG rewards to the guild, and not the players, would drive players away from GBG.

Emberguard

Emperor
I've read several times that only 5% of the player base plays GvG. I don't know if this is accurate but
That statistic came directly from InnoGames prior to Guild Battlegrounds introduction:

Since its release, we knew GvG was a very complex feature, in technical and usability terms. We know that this, along with its many issues and lack of scalability, has rendered GvG the one feature that is used by only a very few of you out there. Less than 5% of you are playing the feature, while for Guild Expeditions it is 10 times more

Beta King

Viceroy
I've read several times that only 5% of the player base plays GvG. I don't know if this is accurate but, if it is anywhere close, this indicates that players are selfish (I am). Some may argue that the low GvG participation is a consequence of GvG not being accessible on mobile. Really? The players that eschew GvG do so because they do not have access to a PC? I think not. I would predict that giving the GBG rewards to the guild, and not the players, would drive players away from GBG.
If they gave a reward every other fight just like in GBG that would be a game changer! i would farm GVG all day.

Beta King

Viceroy
who would let you...
I do it now some times. Lay siege kill all the armies but the last couple then drop the siege and it releases the goods. Cost nothing and get a bunch of fights the only think you need to do is never land on the beach. You can seige any landing area that has defending armies. Later they will add more defending troops and you hit it again the whole coast line but don't conquer any sectors just kill almost all the troops over and over. Im not sure if they get anything for the sacrifice of defensive troops but they keep on adding.

Owl II

Emperor
I do it now some times. Lay siege kill all the armies but the last couple then drop the siege and it releases the goods. Cost nothing and get a bunch of fights the only think you need to do is never land on the beach. You can seige any landing area that has defending armies. Later they will add more defending troops and you hit it again the whole coast line but don't conquer any sectors just kill almost all the troops over and over. Im not sure if they get anything for the sacrifice of defensive troops but they keep on adding.
Fantasy. Usually the coasts look
KUIW1.png
And sometimes
KUIV3.png

mcbluefire

Baronet
I took a look at my GbG data for last season from FOE Helper and found similar to what Owl did (can't say for sure it's on par as @Owl II you didn't mention how many rewards you got all total; or at least I didn't see it.)

Since folks don't believe screenshots - no point in posting them, but here are the data points I see that matter:
Total fights/negotiations: 7,156
Total rewards: 1,868
Total diamonds: 68 packs of 25 (1,700)
Actual Reward result: 40.8% - not quite the suggested 48/50% number.
Diamonds: 2.3% in total rewards
Now, if I did 10,000 fights instead of 7,156 and the percentages all held true that would be 2,376 diamonds for the season. Owl was just a bit lower at 2,200 diamonds for 10,530 fights.

I see in the discourse that the math error was eventually remedied, but it's funny how 2,500 per season would be considered too much when a player with decent diamond farms can pull that in every day? As one of the top 10 hitters in my guild I find myself there more frequently for times when SCs need diamonds to get them ready asap to help lower attrition for sectors to be included in the current flip session so I spend a good portion of those diamonds right there in GbG. During the timeframe I brought my diamonds down to 29.5K for the event and as of today (partly into a new GBG season) I am at 30.8K, so I'm not 2.5K richer than before and I haven't spent diamonds on anything but SCs. I suppose, however, that a net gain of 828 diamonds every 1.36 GbG seasons (609 diamonds/season) is "too much to sustain" as well? Guess I should delete my diamond farms across 26 worlds that bring in 420 diamonds a day (ie: 144,000 diamonds a year) as well? Nah - don't think I will....but as Inno knows I'm not motivated enough to collect from 26 cities everyday. :)

Owl II

Emperor
I took a look at my GbG data for last season from FOE Helper and found similar to what Owl did (can't say for sure it's on par as @Owl II you didn't mention how many rewards you got all total; or at least I didn't see it.)

Since folks don't believe screenshots - no point in posting them, but here are the data points I see that matter:
Total fights/negotiations: 7,156
Total rewards: 1,868
Total diamonds: 68 packs of 25 (1,700)
Actual Reward result: 40.8% - not quite the suggested 48/50% number.
Diamonds: 2.3% in total rewards
Now, if I did 10,000 fights instead of 7,156 and the percentages all held true that would be 2,376 diamonds for the season. Owl was just a bit lower at 2,200 diamonds for 10,530 fights.

I see in the discourse that the math error was eventually remedied, but it's funny how 2,500 per season would be considered too much when a player with decent diamond farms can pull that in every day? As one of the top 10 hitters in my guild I find myself there more frequently for times when SCs need diamonds to get them ready asap to help lower attrition for sectors to be included in the current flip session so I spend a good portion of those diamonds right there in GbG. During the timeframe I brought my diamonds down to 29.5K for the event and as of today (partly into a new GBG season) I am at 30.8K, so I'm not 2.5K richer than before and I haven't spent diamonds on anything but SCs. I suppose, however, that a net gain of 828 diamonds every 1.36 GbG seasons (609 diamonds/season) is "too much to sustain" as well? Guess I should delete my diamond farms across 26 worlds that bring in 420 diamonds a day (ie: 144,000 diamonds a year) as well? Nah - don't think I will....but as Inno knows I'm not motivated enough to collect from 26 cities everyday. :)
The point is not to believe or not to believe the ss. It's just that people have nothing to talk about, after 6 months of the existence of this thread. They can view own statistics as you do. Or they can visit the fandom wiki. There is a table with approximate percentages for each type of rewards. The sample is small, only ~ 21k fights, but if I take my data for six months, then the discrepancy with Wiki will be minimal.

The costs in the game (not only in GBG) are disproportionately higher. For example, the second grand prize in the events will cost you at least 5-6 seasons of GBG with 10000k fights (until the last winter event). You need to plow in the fields without a break for a whole year to buy all 12 diamond expansions of the last age.

If the problem is diamonds, remove them from the rewards. I'm afraid few people will notice. And I am very sorry that the Helper does not show how many diamonds were spent on GBG. I could make a very informative screen.

The point is not to believe or not to believe the ss. It's just that people have nothing to talk about, after 6 months of the existence of this thread. They can view own statistics as you do. Or they can visit the fandom wiki. There is a table with approximate percentages for each type of rewards. The sample is small, only ~ 21k fights, but if I take my data for six months, then the discrepancy with Wiki will be minimal.

The costs in the game (not only in GBG) are disproportionately higher. For example, the second grand prize in the events will cost you at least 5-6 seasons of GBG with 10000k fights (until the last winter event). You need to plow in the fields without a break for a whole year to buy all 12 diamond expansions of the last age.

If the problem is diamonds, remove them from the rewards. I'm afraid few people will notice. And I am very sorry that the Helper does not show how many diamonds were spent on GBG. I could make a very informative screen.
At 10,000 fights per season it works out to six months, not a year.

blafke

Farmer
Here's the summary of your problem with GS : P1 264K OP, 1739/hr P2 210K OP, 1887/hr P3 10K OP, 0/hr. NL world E , 2023-01-10 23:27.

2 guilds of players who can farm FP and whatever else for 10 days consecutive because they cover each other's back, 6 guilds of players who get ***NOTHING AT ALL***.

(BTW this is diamonds+ and the P3 guild with 0/hr has been in diamonds+ for months consecutive)

DO SOMETHIING ABOUT IT OR GET DUMPED.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Nothing discussed in this thread will do anything about guilds getting locked up. However, pretty amazing that two guilds have 6 guilds locked up. Takes three guilds just to try to lock us up. Those two guilds must be on 24/7 flipping sectors in some amazing kind of rotation to keep 6 active guilds locked down. Oh, wait....there I go making the assumption the other 6 guilds are "active."