• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Every world is a little different in how things have evolved over time in my experience. Some worlds have 4-guild swaps. Some have 2-guild swaps. Some occasionally even have war. The 1-y/o us world has many guilds largely stuck on static "reserved sectors" style swaps. That beta may be a bit different I don't feel invalidates it.
You are totally right!

I play on a FR and DE world.
On my FR world, all the guilds accustomed to the Diamond league have established a charter which is offered to each Platinum guild arriving in diamond.
This charter proposes 4 points:
- each guild is left with the sector in front of the HQ to place camps there for 12 days.
- no sector is delayed (no flag at 159 for minutes or even hours)
- neither traps nor fortresses are set.
- we do not delete any camps.

On this world, there is no longer any tension for almost 2 years, the fights are linked for all the guilds, no guild as small as it is finds itself a spectator for days.

Friends have tried to enforce this charter on other FR or DE worlds, in vain. The mentality present on this world seems particular.

Conclusion: on this French world where everything is going well, I am against the nerve, contrary to my German world where the guilds are not sharing where I await this nerve impatiently.

I remain convinced that the plei of the CBG is not so much zero attrition, but the blocking of opponents with flags at 159 for 4 hours, as well as the distribution of locations on the sectors around the HQs. It is these 2 points that Inno should think about, even if I no longer believe in their desire to improve our favorite game.

Owl II

Emperor
The main question is: what do they want to achieve with this nerf. Simplify the farm for the weak and disadvantaged? But why don't they put them in a separate sandbox for the weak and disadvantaged? Cut the rewards for the tops? But why can't they just cut the rewards? Destroy the remnants of the team gameplay in this game and finally turn it into a fun farm? Then they should remove the guild ranking, because it's stupid to give ranking points for farming. No, they want to make us happy with attrition, and that's all they want. Attrition to what????

theres a change to GBG which apparently just hit the live servers:

-25 ranking points is now the maximum penalty (rank 5-8 are now all receiving -25 ranking points, instead of up to -125)

The result will likely be that its now near impossible to descent to platin league.

is this a preparation for the GBG nerf to hit live soon?

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
-25 ranking points is now the maximum penalty (rank 4-8 are now all receiving -25 ranking points, instead of up to -125)
Screenshot?

Do 4-8 have any progress made? My live server is still the normal max -175 penalty. You sure it’s not a case of they’re just all tied at the same starting score?

Kev-

Farmer
Right. There is no need to anger the players on some one server. You need to anger them on all servers. If they haven't received their mythical data in three months on beta, then it don't exist in nature, obviously. So isn't it time to wind up this circus?
They've angered our guys on Parkog seems we're being singled out for a form of nerf test with just a single 3SC sector on the entire map............. Normal service we'll dominate just with less fights. Inno have put there head in the sand as expected and stopped responding to tickets of complaint now.

Beta King

Viceroy
They've angered our guys on Parkog seems we're being singled out for a form of nerf test with just a single 3SC sector on the entire map............. Normal service we'll dominate just with less fights. Inno have put there head in the sand as expected and stopped responding to tickets of complaint now.
Nice, last season on waterfall map we had 3 SCs on xix as well as every tile around it! There were so many that we always left x1x with nothing built in it and skipped many others that were not needed to get 0% attrition throughout. Definitely had fun swapping whole map with one other guild and locking the other 6 down tight to their base. It was a success for sure!

Last edited:
If they cant live without a GBG nerf at all: What if they scrapped their changes and instead increased the number of certain goods needed to build Siege Camps?

To not put smaller guilds on a disadvantage, they could only increase the costs for goods of those ages of the majority of players within a guild.

If most players within a guild are in Venus and the second most in Asteroid Belt, they could significantly increase the costs only for these two ages.

That would make goods even more valuable, and also the Chateau, the AI Core and the Observatorium much more important

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
especially since for a few months it is indicated the number of cups won in each league for all guilds.
Too bad that this information is not fully exploited by Innogames.

Or..... instead of getting that complex.... they could just fix the guild matching for GBG....
But that would be far too logical....
I've asked this question several times before without getting a sensible answer. What does "fix the guild matching" look like in practice? Eight equal strength guilds on the battlefield at the same time? Right now, the matchups are all over the spectrum but most commonly 2-3 strong guilds matched with 5-6 weaker ones (which works just fine for setting up swaps). If all of the 8 guilds were of equal strength (more or less) how, exactly, do you think it would play out? Personally, I think that these 8 guilds would get in fewer battles than what is anticipated with the implemented nerf without changing the matchups.

Agreed.... But it would actually result in Battle Grounds instead of Farmville...
It would also limit the supposed greedy players this nerf is allegedly aimed at.... imho

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Or..... instead of getting that complex.... they could just fix the guild matching for GBG....
But that would be far too logical....

May also be impossible.

They *can* slow down movement at least so guilds don't rocket from platinum to 1000 back to platinum.
And they could adjust the relative density of guilds by changing their formulae such that there's not so many guilds in diamond.

And that would be something that would solve the problem for some guilds.

----

But it also may create a problem for other guilds that currently consider themself as "belonging" in 1000 because they're in the top-half and accepted. But somebody has to be in the bottom half and if you kick out all the current beach dwellers, the 3rds and 4ths will become new beachdwellers. More capable of putting up a struggle than the current ones - but also up against tougher competition on average, more capable of keeping them in. The parity some seem to believe exist is an illusion brought about by tier 1 guilds propping up tier 2 guilds so they can get more farming. There is on every server that I've been on a group of < 4 guilds that are way stronger than the rest of the server - it just doesn't matter atm.

But they're still likely to eventually decide they just don't want to be in that situation and start sandbagging and sending up less-suitable guilds in their place.

----

So the gap between a good round and a bad round has to get smaller so that it's not worth avoiding moving up. And making attrition always mean something is the best crack at that.

In the bad round, ending permalockout (or at least making it cost something as opposed to "yay more sectors to farm!") so you can at least use your attrition reliably. Even if someone decides to hang a prime over your head, you can still get your fights in.

In the good round, ending free (or near-free) attrition so it's not as much of an orgy of free resources and flipping every 4 hours comes with a cost that hasn't been trivialized.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
If all of the 8 guilds were of equal strength (more or less) how, exactly, do you think it would play out?
By having only 8 guilds present in diamond leagues of which only the first would remain in this league while the other 7 would go down to Platinum in exchange for the 7 best guilds having accumulated the most Victory Points in the previous CBG.

Beta King

Viceroy
I've asked this question several times before without getting a sensible answer. What does "fix the guild matching" look like in practice? Eight equal strength guilds on the battlefield at the same time? Right now, the matchups are all over the spectrum but most commonly 2-3 strong guilds matched with 5-6 weaker ones (which works just fine for setting up swaps). If all of the 8 guilds were of equal strength (more or less) how, exactly, do you think it would play out? Personally, I think that these 8 guilds would get in fewer battles than what is anticipated with the implemented nerf without changing the matchups.
I think the 8 strongest guilds in a world should have to face each other every week without fail and then all other matchups should be reasonably fair. I do kinda like when they put 2 really strong guilds and 6 weak guilds as it makes the farming process easier for us.

By having only 8 guilds present in diamond leagues of which only the first would remain in this league while the other 7 would go down to Platinum in exchange for the 7 best guilds having accumulated the most Victory Points in the previous CBG.
You proposed a way to match up 8 diamond guilds but that is not an answer to my question. Perhaps I was too vague. If there are 8 guilds of approximately equal strength, won't the map end up looking like an 8-slice pizza with less opportunity for swaps?