• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Devilsangel

Baronet
They usually use a Carrot and a stick method when introducing something disliked by players. Is the introduction of new worlds on some servers enough to be a carrot in this case?) On the other had it is a good opportunity to test will and how the changes affect the league development from scratch.
Overall it is just a guessing game for us till they announce something.
BTW @Juber I remember you saying something vague about a sort of gdg related announcement from you coming soon?)

King Flush

Marquis
Problem with that assertion that you wouldn’t have spent it on something if it hadn’t existed, is this is all you’ve ever known. If it hadn’t existed, you wouldn’t have known any better.
completely dissagree with that I have enough about me to realise what something offers me and without GBG in present format FOE would have not interested me enough to continue let alone spend money, plenty of other games could spend money on if I so wished but more likely I'd have just returned to enjoying life, I wasn't a gamer before FOE and won't be there after.

completely dissagree with that I have enough about me to realise what something offers me and without GBG in present format FOE would have not interested me enough to continue let alone spend money, plenty of other games could spend money on if I so wished but more likely I'd have just returned to enjoying life, I wasn't a gamer before FOE and won't be there after.
Yeah, you would have. Like many, the game for you is about climbing the leaderboard. If GBG had been introduced in the post-nerf form you would have jumped on board because it would have offered an advantage that non-GBG players did not have. You would have been driving a Chevy instead of a Ferrari but you would have bought gas nonetheless.

Owl II

Emperor
Yeah, you would have. Like many, the game for you is about climbing the leaderboard. If GBG had been introduced in the post-nerf form you would have jumped on board because it would have offered an advantage that non-GBG players did not have. You would have been driving a Chevy instead of a Ferrari but you would have bought gas nonetheless.
Has it ever occurred to your genius head that players may have other motives besides pumping themselves and mining FP? Team gameplay for example? Obviously not

Has it ever occurred to your genius head that players may have other motives besides pumping themselves and mining FP? Team gameplay for example? Obviously not
I was talking about this ONE player, not players in general. Different players may have different motives but read his posts. In particular his early ones. I'm not guessing at his primary interest and, if he thinks that I am mistaken, he can correct me himself.

Last edited:
You have claimed that it is all about teamplay for you, but I think that you are in the minority. If it were about teamplay then this thread would not have droned on tor nearly 200 pages with lots of outrage over the reduced rewards. If the nerf has an impact on teamplay it will be to require more of it, not less (which should excite you).

HunZ95

Squire
You have claimed that it is all about teamplay for you, but I think that you are in the minority. If it were about teamplay then this thread would not have droned on tor nearly 200 pages with lots of outrage over the reduced rewards. If the nerf has an impact on teamplay it will be to require more of it, not less (which should excite you).
No one talks about the rewards, only some of you are crazy about it. Look at who dominates the GBG, in GVG they are usually at the top as well, and there are 0 rewards for players there.

Beta King

Viceroy
I doubt that it will be more teamwork after the nerf more like leaders begging the players that havent burned their attrition that day to come burn it real quick but for the average joe in the guild we will only have to get on when there is a sector running and bang out our little attrition and carry on with life.

I doubt that it will be more teamwork after the nerf more like leaders begging the players that havent burned their attrition that day to come burn it real quick but for the average joe in the guild we will only have to get on when there is a sector running and bang out our little attrition and carry on with life.
You said this at least once before and my reply remains the same. This will be a futile strategy for quilds that want to have some control over the map. Time will tell.

mcbluefire

Baronet
A futile strategy, perhaps....but it's going to be what members do. I can currently get WAY more than double my attrition in any given flip session on half a map so how will I possibly have attrition in reserve past one run a day? ~180 hits and I'll be out for the day. That's about 10 minutes of GbG play (assuming I have to spend some time waiting for additional sectors to open) and that's assuming I'm running with full SC support in nerf land. As a GbG lead I'm not gonna hang out longer than what it takes to give general direction, "Head north through guild X today, tomorrow we'll turn and head south, get your hits in and have a good season!"

LOL.

King Flush

Marquis
for the last time I wouldn't have played the only thing that has kept me in the game is GBG leadership and the tactics that go with it, that is void in the proposed nerf environment I 100% would not have kept playing without that. for example I'm a poker player I wouldn't still be playing now if we were playing for penny's even if that had always been the case.

for the last time I wouldn't have played the only thing that has kept me in the game is GBG leadership and the tactics that go with it, that is void in the proposed nerf environment I 100% would not have kept playing without that. for example I'm a poker player I wouldn't still be playing now if we were playing for penny's even if that had always been the case.
GbG leadership isn't void in the nerf environment. It will become more difficult in the nerf environment and most leaders find greater challenges more rewarding. GbG leaders under the old system just set up swaps and let the herd know when it's feeding time. This new system will require you to actually prioritize where to apply resources and manpower.

Beta King

Viceroy
GbG leadership isn't void in the nerf environment. It will become more difficult in the nerf environment and most leaders find greater challenges more rewarding. GbG leaders under the old system just set up swaps and let the herd know when it's feeding time. This new system will require you to actually prioritize where to apply resources and manpower.
So the leader puts an arrow on the next tile to hit and waits a couple hours for it to fill and then selects the next one and highlights it to be hit, whats so challenging/rewarding about that? Better Yet once a day they make a list A2A, A2B, B3A... And tiles are hit in that order until all have tiles been removed and re-pasted from the list then a new list is put out. Doesn't seem so difficult to me, i think you are grasping at straws looking for some kind of justification here.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
So the leader puts an arrow on the next tile to hit and waits a couple hours for it to fill and then selects the next one and highlights it to be hit, whats so challenging/rewarding about that?
It's more what happened before where the leaders didn't care about the remaining capacity.
Whereas now, you have to know not to throw yourself into all the sectors to prioritize a strategy while taking into account the remaining capacities of each member connected at the time of the opportunity.

So if it's the strategy you're worried about, it will be enhanced.

If that's the number of fights to flatter your ego in the general classification, there's still plenty to do in GvG.

And if it's the loss of rewards you're concerned about, at least once have the honesty to admit it.

So the leader puts an arrow on the next tile to hit and waits a couple hours for it to fill and then selects the next one and highlights it to be hit, whats so challenging/rewarding about that? Better Yet once a day they make a list A2A, A2B, B3A... And tiles are hit in that order until all have tiles been removed and re-pasted from the list then a new list is put out. Doesn't seem so difficult to me, i think you are grasping at straws looking for some kind of justification here.
If you're in a guild where players don't show up unless it's zero attrition then I humbly suggest that you find a new guild and those players go back to candy crush.

Beta King

Viceroy
It's more what happened before where the leaders didn't care about the remaining capacity.
Whereas now, you have to know not to throw yourself into all the sectors to prioritize a strategy while taking into account the remaining capacities of each member connected at the time of the opportunity.

So if it's the strategy you're worried about, it will be enhanced.

If that's the number of fights to flatter your ego in the general classification, there's still plenty to do in GvG.

And if it's the loss of rewards you're concerned about, at least once have the honesty to admit it.
I could care less about the rewards because nobody else will be getting rewards either so its of no consequence same as if Inno were to say the cost of everything you do in foe is now going to be double the FPs it still wouldn't matter cause it would cost "everyone" double the same amount so you and everyone else can stop talking about rewards as they will be the same for everyone nerf or not. Also the 15 minutes GvG at calc does nothing for me and guilds restrict use of guild goods so much most people aren't allowed to play GvG in their guilds.

Yekk

Regent
Maximizing tiles to hit will take more leaders. Some leaders will most likely have used their own attrition which will mean they do nothing except babysit the tiles. Cut tiles by other guilds means using a predetermined list will not work. Since the nerf slows fighting boredom plays in. Which tiles get replacement SC plays in. Has the other guild used its attrition plays in. Since play is molasses slow will the tile be retaken before it can be used effectively.

If a guild can not make it to the center and use the above it will find most of its fights to be at much lower than the 66% max reduced attrition. As we have said the nerf is not ready for prime time yet.

Beta King

Viceroy
If you're in a guild where players don't show up unless it's zero attrition then I humbly suggest that you find a new guild and those players go back to candy crush.
Explain to me how you managed to equate what i said to players only playing at 0% attrition? Clearly your comprehension is lacking, you should go back and read my post or have someone explain it to you so you can understand. 0% has nothing to do with logging on and burning your attrition on the tile requested by leaders and moving along... Leaders simply point and wait plain and simple.

jovada

Regent
I can assure you i will not be sitting around pondering how long in the day to wait or where my measley 200 fights will go, unfortunately for the leaders i will plant them anywhere there's the least attrition and in 5 minutes be done. Anyone that has ever taken GBG seriously prior to the nerf i'm sure will feel the same way.

What you are saying is that you don't care about the guild but only your personal gain, and in fact you are admitting that you let the lesser guildmates do the dirty job on sectors with 0 or 1 camp and you are waiting to profit from camps. Now that you can't fight with 0 attrition you will drop them anywhere and sorry guildleaders ??

If your in a dominating guild like I am that will take the whole map in 48 hours and then it will be stagnant the remaining 9 days waiting for someone to flip a tile(same as Ninjalin's screenshots/situation) then why in the world would you kick someone that is maxing their attrition every day when there are always some in every strong guild that wont even use their attrition every day. My guess is they will be the ones kicked and every guild has them regardless strength

Look at my post 3856 that shows activity after 1 week beta is still huge on the map