• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

CrashBoom

Legend
the problem is not how many guilds are in diamond
but that all are at the same 1000 LP

the "Top Tier" guild after winning 20 seasons in a row still has the 1000 LP
and the lucky platinum guild which is only at 1000 because the competition was terrible in the previous season

let's remove the 1000 points limit

then the top guilds will face each other because then they have much more than 1000
and the average diamond guilds with 1000 LP are grouped together

CrashBoom

Legend
all that people see is few with 15k+ fights
actually I only see a group of bullies

what is actually the purpose of locking guilds into their HQ ?

the guild which would only want to make the fights could stop at 159
but nope: they don't let the weaker guilds that sector

so I LOVE THE NERF
time to bully the bullies :cool:

then after traps nerf, there will be fortresses and whatever make your life miserabl ingame.
and then later you fight against those buildings
or do you delete them when the enemy is at 159 ?

and putting in traps to harm other proves my points: you are just bullies :rolleyes:

Yekk

Regent
Does 278K battles in the past 2 years qualify as "some GBG"? If so, I want to mention that this is the first reference to this particular bug that I recall hearing about and I have not witnessed it on the live server. Regardless, complaining about it on this Forum accomplishes exactly nothing with regard to getting it fixed.
Yes that bug has been around. Remember Guild Perks? There was a bug in it too. One that Inno knew about but did not tell the players. I put that bug up in the official thread and Juber said the same to me. Only to be told it had been reported... Telling that one bug got Inno to drop Guild Perks.

Another do nothing season ahead for my guild. One guild can make the center maybe a second will try. Rest are playing tee-ball...

zookeepers

Marquis
Solution of the "Phantom Flag Bug" may be difficult if you try to make it never happen, but a practical solution is very easy.

You should just add one line to check valid connection to every flags when owner change occurs, before changing the color of the sector. Owner change is not a frequent event and so it would not effect any server load.

Beta King

Viceroy
Yes that bug has been around. Remember Guild Perks? There was a bug in it too. One that Inno knew about but did not tell the players. I put that bug up in the official thread and Juber said the same to me. Only to be told it had been reported... Telling that one bug got Inno to drop Guild Perks.

Another do nothing season ahead for my guild. One guild can make the center maybe a second will try. Rest are playing tee-ball...
Apparently they just dont have enough attrition to do anything in GBG, so what kind of percentage of players have enough power to do say 100 fights per day that would be 33 attrition at minimum? I have 2 diamond cities in FE and neither can make it past 25 without big losses but they also werent built to fight an only have 250/250. Would you say 15% of all players can do 100+ fights per day with the nerf?

Beta King

Viceroy
Im curious if it usually takes this long to decide to implement a change or kill it? Im guessing Inno really has some concerns about moving forward with this since they are stalling. I guess they could still be trying to figure out the programming aspect of it...

Beta King

Viceroy
would you say 15% of all players did 100+ fights per day before the nerf ?
I would say quite a few more since even very young players with like 200/200 atk/def in say FE could do many fights due to the zero attrition possibility that they will definitely not be able to do after nerf. I was one of them a year ago getting lots of fights and advancing my city quickly that i would not have been able to do without zero attrition...^^^that player right now can do 1k fights in a season but post nerf it will likely take 5+ seasons. If a very minimal amount of people are currently getting 100+ fights per day then why would Inno think there is a dangerous imbalance that jeopardizes the longevity of the game?

Last edited:

Yekk

Regent
Apparently they just dont have enough attrition to do anything in GBG, so what kind of percentage of players have enough power to do say 100 fights per day that would be 33 attrition at minimum? I have 2 diamond cities in FE and neither can make it past 25 without big losses but they also werent built to fight an only have 250/250. Would you say 15% of all players can do 100+ fights per day with the nerf?
A players capable of 33 Att will seldom hit 100 fights with this nerf as most guilds are either on the outside of the map where the slots for SC's are not. Their guilds do not build, they do not hold enough tiles, they are afraid the tiles go away in 4 hours, their leaders were not on. Once that starts the strongest guild reduces SC building on that side of the map magnifying the loss of hits.

A major change such as this is not just adjust the SC cap...Doing just that affects everything else.

My beta toon is weak, capable of 40 att, and can hit 500 fights for the season. On a very strong guild.

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
Im curious if it usually takes this long to decide to implement a change or kill it? Im guessing Inno really has some concerns about moving forward with this since they are stalling. I guess they could still be trying to figure out the programming aspect of it...
If you look at the old entries in the changelogs and in the announcements, you can see that the 4-hour timers for GvG were tested for a total of 4 months on beta and on an international server (from July to November). But! several changes were made during this time and in the end it was decided to abandon this innovation.

Beta King

Viceroy
If you look at the old entries in the changelogs and in the announcements, you can see that the 4-hour timers for GvG were tested for a total of 4 months on beta and on an international server (from July to November). But! several changes were made during this time and in the end it was decided to abandon this innovation.
So it took them 9 months to scrap it, I sure hope they dont drag their feet that long this time or at least test it on the US server for the next 5 months and make everyone else wait. I can add another 200 million points on in the next 9 months.

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
So it took them 9 months to scrap it, I sure hope they dont drag their feet that long this time or at least test it on the US server for the next 5 months and make everyone else wait. I can add another 200 million points on in the next 9 months.
Why 9? 4 only

Owl II

Emperor
4 months to test in beta and 5 more months test on an international server(from July to November) so 9 months total. Or did they test in beta and live int server at the same time?
They launched the test on the international somewhat later than on beta. But they turned everything off at the same time.

Beta King

Viceroy
the same again ?

boring. why not something different
for example a 5 camp cap

to get different data
So you feel that when this comes to live servers it will make GBG boring but its still necessary? That seems to be a general consensus here even though some are still for it.