• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Owl II

Emperor
What makes me angry is that there are no fixes that are really necessary for this gameplay. But it also upsets me that nerf as a whole will make the map sluggish, and thus more time-consuming to control. I heard somewhere: a herd of bison is moving at the speed of the slowest bison. God forbid me to herd this herd after nerf...

jovada

Regent
You have been answered as many times as you have asked: it makes no difference to you whether fighters with zero attrition lock you in the HQ, or on attrition close to 100. You're locked anyway
why are you answering next to the question? I ask not of being locked or what difference.
I asked why should fighting with 0 attrition be normal ?

It remains to be understood for what purpose. But the worst thing to do is to keep doing nothing. Players will not get used to it, but rather lose patience
The stated purpose is to eliminate zero attrition. Many contributors to this thread keep wanting to find a hidden agenda. Maybe it just is what it is and there is no hidden agenda.

Owl II

Emperor
why are you answering next to the question? I ask not of being locked or what difference.
I asked why should fighting with 0 attrition be normal ?
Zero attrition is the last of GBG problems, if it is a problem at all!
There are ghouls who choose fights under 4+ SC. We have them periodically, too. But they are quickly explained that this cannot be done. And they go where they can. But mostly they begin to hit everything that is said leaders. Because noone will tolerate such inhumans. Further, a big strong guild will never be able to hit only without attrition, I wrote about it. There are two times fewer fights(provinces) on 1-2 lines than we do in a day with a good opponent. It's even easier with a bad opponent: you don't have to choose. Everything is hitting, with any number of camps.

This is how things are in a strong guild. But if you remove the ability to hit without attrition for the weak, then they will take 1 tile per guild. I don't care about the number of fights of coastal inhabitants. I just shudder at the thought of having to wait for them

King Flush

Marquis
is this thread still going :D on reading back some pages some are still offering slightly new views on things but @jovada you may as well just copy paste your thoughts from the very start of thread, never anything new, repeat repeat repeat so boring.
My popcorn for watching the car crash has past it's sell by date now, come on Inno either put it through or scrap it.

jovada

Regent
is this thread still going :D on reading back some pages some are still offering slightly new views on things but @jovada you may as well just copy paste your thoughts from the very start of thread, never anything new, repeat repeat repeat so boring.
My popcorn for watching the car crash has past it's sell by date now, come on Inno either put it through or scrap it.
Yes i know i have to repeat and repeat it because the negatives always repeat them selves to so the positves have to counter again and again their false arguments only because they want continue to farm.
And why do you have to provoke me ? You can also say that the negatives can just copy/paste. It's easy to shoot always on the positive.

Last edited:

Fire Witch

Forum Sorceress
Beta Moderator
This is the method that was used to.... no one knows to what
I know everyone is looking for other reasons and such, but the reason was given in the announcement:
Quite simply, we believe this re-balance is necessary for the long-term sustainability and viability of the feature. We always envisioned attrition to be an important factor. [...] ... became too powerful and caused significant balancing issues between different guilds and players.

---

[...] so the positves have to counter again and again [...]
I don't think you have to do that. There are different opinions about the change and that's completely fine.

Anyways, I'll ask Juber if he has an update for us regarding the next seasons.

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
I know everyone is looking for other reasons and such, but the reason was given in the announcement:
That's not the reason. Attrition is an important factor, that's for sure. And it works great now (before your miraculous rebalancing). You need to get to the tiles with slots to hit without attrition. And then you need to take other tiles with 1 or 2 slot for buildings to advance further. And then you still have to cover your farm land from encroachments from the shore. And you have to hit with 2 camps and gain attrition. This is a great thing that requires management and calculation.

The system has been established for 2.5 years. The players have adapted. All this unfinished gameplay somehow works. Attrition is the only sensible and working thing that is here. No camps - get attrition. And suddenly it dawned on Inno: Oh! let's rebalance it. It's going to be cool! All the playing crowd gathered in diamond ligue, from half-corpses to tops? We don't care. All of them are given an 18k ranking, no matter how they play? But it's fine. 4-hour lockdowns require guilds to be active around the clock if they want to play? Let them live in the game, we don't mind. But there's something wrong with attrition. Let's cut camps so that this fun farm takes even more time from the leaders than before. As if not enough of them left the game due no one can sit in it for days.

But it doesn't matter. The important thing is that now everyone, both supporters and opponents, are sitting and waiting for the continue. Some of logical conclusion to this wonderful test. Nerf is nonsense. But this is not the only nonsense that the current development team is doing. So if you decide, then do it. Don't pull any further. Delay does more harm than the nerf itself.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
But it doesn't matter. The important thing is that now everyone, both supporters and opponents, are sitting and waiting for the continue.
In guide expeditions you have to wait 1 hour to have an additional attempt, and yet this does not shock anyone.
If you buy additional attempts, you must wait 1 week to start again.

In GvG, you very often have to wait until 8:00 p.m. for the majority of sectors to become accessible with the end of the protection, and yet this does not shock anyone.

In the events, once you get to the timed quests, you have to wait 24 hours to do one more, and yet that doesn't shock anyone.

So why in GbG we shouldn't wait until 24h if we achieve our maximum attrition on reset without it becoming a matter of state?

I'm going to say it again, but under the guise of being less busy, those who are against this nerf never admit that it's the loss of huge gains that worries them.
Not once have I read a proposal that asked to return to the old system but to exclude combat points and earnings after 300 fights for example. Like what, under the pretext of your pleasure to play you will never admit that only the winnings matter to you but that this abuse can only cancel any future innovations that Inno would like to put in place.

You just have to see at each event, you always compare the building to be won with that of the previous year.
Where is it written that they must always be superior?

My only question is that after 5 seasons of testing, no changes have been made and it has not been tested live on more representative servers, why?

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
0 attrition fights are absolutely possible and heavily OP. My guild and I where easily able to pushing down all other guilds with 0-low attrition fights in no time. While we were on our conquest they where defencelessly watching us taking their provinces up to their HQ. As they where facing the 4h locks, which are imho also a bit of an imbalance. Saying 0-low attrition fights is a non-issue is just plain misinformation. As it greatly benefits those who reap the benefits from it. In some cases it's easy to just allow other guilds to comeback for a little and then pushing them back with 0-low attrition fights. Complaining then that those guilds lose interest, as they understand it's a fight they have no hope of winning, that they either don't participate at all or just taking their time to conquer a province so the dominant guild's members can grind a few more rewards is pure irony.
Sure everyone has acces to SC, technically, yet the random distribution of building slots can put any guild in a serious disadvantage, giving either no or very little building slots to work with vs a bunch for a rival who can take full advantage of the SC.
In the end the removal of 0 attrition fights should just be one of many rebalance acts. Imho if they really want to even the playing field;
1.) fixed building slots in provinces depending on their position from the center: outer most, inner least (making inner fights more attritional intense while a comeback for competition could be pulled off more easily, thus intensifying strategy and fights

2.) gradual increase building costs, similar to GvG increase the costs of GbG buildings, depending on number of provinces controlled by the guild

3.) improved ranking, for example; depending last position

Top 2 vs top 2
#3-4 vs #3-4
#4-5 vs #4-5
#6-7 vs #6-7

For each league and when moving up a league you're considered to be part of the lowest # of you're new league, in this way their is a natural champion's league evolving.
Others have suggested also plenty good potential ranking systems though but I think putting the winners against each other should lead to more confrontations with more equally strong guilds. So, those who love flip flopping swaps and often ending up #1/2 will face other guilds that love doing the same. They should not be able to complain when facing the same faith if they're ending up being beached with 4h locks daily for the rest of the season. Thus solving also the issue of those who complain that this changes was implemented "due to the complains of those who where beach locked."

Thunderdome

Emperor
I gave up voting and repeating myself each season when Inno wanted feedback in the same hidden thread that kept resetting the polls. I felt it was pointless beyond season 2. It will not get me to change my answer to a "yes" as I had already stated my reasons.

However, I am still standing aside others who either voted a yes or a no in waiting for this change to hit the live servers to watch the fallout that will possibly happen (or not, who knows, right?). But we won't know if Inno doesn't become transparent and tell us what is going on, and why we are being dragged many weeks without much as an answer or statement on the situation.

Owl II

Emperor
However, I am still standing aside others who either voted a yes or a no in waiting for this change to hit the live servers to watch the fallout that will possibly happen (or not, who knows, right?).
It may upset you, but you are not on the sidelines. Everyone here is just waiting for this

Avshar

Farmer
Those who saying nerf is ok just don't understand what will happen. Because mostly those are people who don't give much time, or they play in average guild and are beached. Don't forget that even with 66% we can run whole map and you will do by 1-2 SC maximum without even chance to get into center, because traps will be there, so we retaking with 66% :D And now explain me how will help GBG system? Because nothing will change for those who have no coordination and leadership. Always top-guilds will communicate between them and benefit from it. I saw may guilds improve and wanna benefit from 0 attrition too, and there are many who just cry (yeah because they do literaly nothing to grow) how we are too strong. Yeah they taking sector 2-4 hours we take it in 15-20 seconds... I talked with most of leaders from Diamond league (as we trying to help even smaller guilds) and NOBODY in O world want this change, because even small/weaker guilds benefints from it once we send them into 925 diamond or platinum where they can do same...

All those small players wanna grow to reach top guys, now you will take it from them :D those who get millions FPS already from GBG will just smile :)

It's always the same, instead of doing something to make better gameplay for everybody, we will listen those who just cry most and not play the game. Guilds can merge, they can grow and be stronger, have better organization, thread system which benefits guild grow instead solo grow... but guess what, better is just nerf something what is last issue in GBG. If this nerf come to live, more people will just give up do anything in GBG once they face top-tier guilds, which will also hurt us as there will be no fun.

drakenridder

Overlord
Perk Creator
Those who saying nerf is ok just don't understand what will happen. Because mostly those are people who don't give much time, or they play in average guild and are beached.
Interesting false statement without any prove to backing this up. You don't know how much time others spend, also ignore those who state it'll be fine who also conquer and dominate in GbG, lol.
Don't forget that even with 66% we can run whole map and you will do by 1-2 SC maximum without even chance to get into center, because traps will be there, so we retaking with 66% :D
Nothing really changes, according to yourself.
All those small players wanna grow to reach top guys, now you will take it from them :D those who get millions FPS already from GBG will just smile :)
How does this change take something that they never used anyways? According to you they didn't putting in effort anyways, so nothing changes.
If it's true that they didn't put in effort, how is it possible they're in diamond league?
It's always the same, instead of doing something to make better gameplay for everybody, we will listen those who just cry most and not play the game
So, the devs must reverse this change, cause the opposing players who fear the loss of potential rewards, cry the most throughout this discussion, lol. Even including yourself;
If this nerf come to live, more people will just give up do anything in GBG once they face top-tier guilds, which will also hurt us as there will be no fun

In conclusion just a lot of nothing really changes, xd.