• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Owl II

Emperor
Since this is being pushed by weaker players as their savior the goal going forward for dominant guilds should be to smash and contain the smaller guild with traps and anything else that will lock them out, They currently seem to think that is is not possible with this change so i think that needs to be proven time and time again.
Guilds will change as long as provinces can move from one guild to another :D It's just that they used to be loyal to the weak. Now they will be tougher

Since this is being pushed by weaker players as their savior the goal going forward for dominant guilds should be to smash and contain the smaller guild with traps and anything else that will lock them out, They currently seem to think that is is not possible with this change so i think that needs to be proven time and time again.
Enjoy the prestige points. Except for the rewards from the initial wave that is all that this strategy will provide and these guilds will definitely start to lose members.

Beta King

Viceroy
Enjoy the prestige points. Except for the rewards from the initial wave that is all that this strategy will provide and these guilds will definitely start to lose members.
As long as the 2 strongest teams do the trapping to permamently hold outter rings and swap the middle 2-3 rings(most SC support) all will still be right in the world, for the strong guilds at least... The trapping will make a nice cushion so the other guilds dont disrupt the swaps any more and there should be some extra goods to spare since fewer SC will be built.

Last edited:
This whole change is ridiculous as 4 camps get you no more than 66.6%! I don't get why it's called "rebalancing" either when there was never a time when you couldn't get free tiles! And the guilds work hard to build up their treasuries so that they can get a break on attrition! And there's also other things that prevent from being able to put 4 camps which by the way the camps used to be 28% but got bumped to 24%(Just like dropping the previous era unit fights this too was never mentioned in an update!) But I know of a lot of people who have said that if goes live they're finished as this will be the one trashy thing innos done too far! Those of us who are in high era we work hard to down trade to get the goods needed for the camps! And I mean it's just pathetic how you'd have to get 4 24% camps to only get 66.6% which with how things work that'll be more like you get +1 attrition every 1-2 hits! Probably a lot of +1 per hits! As 3 camp tiles as it is already blows up attrition! But for once could you please actually listen to the players! As the only people who are having issues with guilds getting free hits are those who don't care to work on guild treasury! Also they probably are just bitter because they want everyone to suffer just because they can't get it together for free tiles! But so much has been done to GBG! I just was shocked to see this! I mean idk what has been going on with how the changes that keep getting made are worse and worse! But one thing is for sure a lot of people are going to stop playing if this goes through!

CrashBoom

Legend
As long as the 2 strongest teams do the trapping to permamently hold outter rings and swap the middle 2-3 rings(most SC support) all will still be right in the world, for the strong guilds at least... The trapping will make a nice cushion so the other guilds dont disrupt the swaps any more and there should be some extra goods to spare since fewer SC will be built.
and the people in the outer ring who don't care about fighting will just think
you guys really deserve that cap :D

Beta King

Viceroy
This whole change is ridiculous as 4 camps get you no more than 66.6%! I don't get why it's called "rebalancing" either when there was never a time when you couldn't get free tiles! And the guilds work hard to build up their treasuries so that they can get a break on attrition! And there's also other things that prevent from being able to put 4 camps which by the way the camps used to be 28% but got bumped to 24%(Just like dropping the previous era unit fights this too was never mentioned in an update!) But I know of a lot of people who have said that if goes live they're finished as this will be the one trashy thing innos done too far! Those of us who are in high era we work hard to down trade to get the goods needed for the camps! And I mean it's just pathetic how you'd have to get 4 24% camps to only get 66.6% which with how things work that'll be more like you get +1 attrition every 1-2 hits! Probably a lot of +1 per hits! As 3 camp tiles as it is already blows up attrition! But for once could you please actually listen to the players! As the only people who are having issues with guilds getting free hits are those who don't care to work on guild treasury! Also they probably are just bitter because they want everyone to suffer just because they can't get it together for free tiles! But so much has been done to GBG! I just was shocked to see this! I mean idk what has been going on with how the changes that keep getting made are worse and worse! But one thing is for sure a lot of people are going to stop playing if this goes through!
Hopefully the top 400 or so players in my worlds quit so i can be at the top then no one will ever catch me with this nerf!

Beta King

Viceroy
and the people in the outer ring who don't care about fighting will just think
you guys really deserve that cap :D
If you are a guild leader your goal is to get your guild the most and lowest attrition fights every season and i just explained how that will look swapping the 3-4 SC supported sectors and the stronger the guilds are the farther out they will swap but no matter what they will swap as that's the most profitable option and honestly I'm pretty sure the top guilds aren't worried about the thoughts of the small uncoordinated and badly led guilds.

Trapping the outside rings will reduce the sectors available for swaps by more than 50%. Also, the 6 benched guilds will be slowed down but not stopped. When they get close to capping a trapped sector either you, or your swap partner, will have to burn attrition to keep in in the family. Give it a try this coming season. :)

CrashBoom

Legend
Trapping the outside rings will reduce the sectors available for swaps by more than 50%. Also, the 6 benched guilds will be slowed down but not stopped. When they get close to capping a trapped sector either you, or your swap partner, will have to burn attrition to keep in in the family. Give it a try this coming season. :)
and traps are much better than always having a lock on it :D

people can make their few fights whenever they want and not in a 5 minute time frame

and after having it the previous owner most likeley don't want it back:
that makes a few more sectors as possbile targets

Owl II

Emperor
Nerf was promised to strong guilds. Excellent. But in what place were the weak promised to cancel attrition? Did I miss something?:D

Yekk

Regent
Only at the rogue guild that needs to be trapped... Such a 15 man guild now will have to either use much of its possible attrition to move a tile or 2 back towards the middle BUT will not have reserves to move farther. They could move sideways but that does the goal of holding them up too. Just a slow motion form of what we had already. By the way there is not 6 benched guilds... Most will work to make deals, some will still look at 1K as a 2 week vacation hurrying back to platinum where they enjoyed GBG. A 4 way split map still works

MATR

Squire
The explanation of the the attrition calculation with sc and castles in the announcement made no sense to me. I can't tell how much attrition reduction to expect from a mixture of camps and castles. Either Inno purposely explains things poorly or they don't have anyone that knows how to write. Has anyone figured out how the calculation works?
I've lost interest in this world due to the effort spent building my city to fight in gbg, it was only about 2 seasons ago that I became strong enough to do hundreds of fights if we could get enough camps for near zero attrition. Now it is just about 25 to 50 fights I can do daily and gbg is done for the day. It is disappointing that after 2.5 years of working on a strategy both here and in my home server it might be all for naught. If the rules can change so drastically at any point in time there is a huge risk in building a city towards a strategy. All I can do is make a general purpose city that is good at nothing in particular. There is zero incentive to do events for specialty buildings to increase attack bonus. And if I don't need goods for gbg then I also don't need the specialty goods buildings. Goods will go back to before gbg and become just about worthless. It seems pointless to me to build more than 3 sc as the fourth one doesn't provide much of anything. Next they will throttle back the Arc bonus because it is too big of an advantage. In order to rebalance the game we are making ARC 80 becomes 1.8x and there is a .05 gain for each level above 80. You need ARC 100 for 1.9x. We are also applying a multiplier factor to any cities that make more than 300 forge points per day Gains above 300 are reduced by 20 % , gains above 500 are reduced by 47% and any above 700 are reduced by 86%. If your city collects more than 500 forge points in any single day you must pay a tax of 19% of your gains. Additionally, we have determined that it is unfair for large and strong guilds to help their members level buildings with 1.9x and 1.92x threads, effective next Monday you will no longer be allowed to contribute forge points to any one in your guild. We've determined this change is necessary for fairness. Finally, to maintain momentum in the game and for rebalancing purposes you are no longer allowed to have any great buildings from an era that is above the one you are currently in. Any city with a GB above its era on Sept 1 will have those GB removed from the city. Owners will be compensated with the goods cost for the GB. The time between now and Sept 1 will provide you a grace period to get your city to the era of your GB.

CrashBoom

Legend
When the proponent of change admits that it is not also interested in participating...
I just want to know if has no interest in participating in it, why wants no one else to play.
I know exactly, there is a nice word for that.:)
must be the same word as for people who wants to force the weaker guilds stay in their HQ with placing traps directly in front of them :rolleyes:

HunZ95

Squire
must be the same word as for people who wants to force the weaker guilds stay in their HQ with placing traps directly in front of them :rolleyes:
who wants this? did anyone ask to limit small guilds? I don't think anyone expects this from the developers. Otherwise, however, that is exactly what is happening now. They are not willing to do anything, regardless, they want to assert themselves next to the best, and they expect this by restricting everyone around them. If anyone thinks this is fair game...

jovada

Regent
A little example , it's not from my guild but that is not important it's a little guild 5 people working hard every season , the green all week long put a trap in front of their HQ even if they take over the trap , the green laughs because it's surrounded by 7 camps and they suffer never any attrition.

I can assure you this guild welcomes the changes , and all those who claim it will change nothing for the small guilds and they will suffer even more, i really think they are wrong.
It will change nothing for them because they never played to exploit, but if the attrition is implemented the green will think twice because they can't exploit 0 anymore and will also suffer , giving more chance to the small take a second sector punishing the green by putting other traps there or first build camps and move on if they can and then fill everything with traps again.

I saw arguments here on the forum the big guilds will take everything like before and then putting traps to counter the small onces , i only say that can turns toward you also.

Attachments

• attrition exploit.jpg
    attrition exploit.jpg
    459.7 KB · Views: 23

Demeter7

Squire
That shows the attitude of larger guilds, which has been prevalent in this thread. The larger guilds have contempt for other guilds and claim the right to own everything. I actually did not realize how bad this attitude was until I saw it spelled out so many times in this thread. It is mostly the large powerful guilds who do not want this change, because they think that it disrupts their right to own it all. And then they say that others should not accuse them of being greedy? I really did not consider them as greedy until I saw the comments in this thread.