• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

jovada

Regent
I never said that someone who does also fights when there are 0 or only 1 camp available exploit

It is quite boring to read again and again about the more or less non-existent greedy players who 'exploit' the game and don't let their guildmates do easy fights. A player can do a serious amount of fights per day without too much 0 attrition fights
?????? is that not the same

I was initially against the changes, as they do not solve the real problem of the composition of the leagus.
However, the plannend changes make perfect sense. A system in which 2 guilds can master the entire map urgently needs to be changed.
Of course, the proceeds from these numerous battles are tempting, but the fun falls by the wayside.
However, there would be better ways to reduce the numer of fights. Either to achieve the numer of camps and towers by reducing the slots by adjusting the values of the buildings. This is always fairer than doing a cap on the last building at the same cost
But all planned changes will not solve the problem of the composition of leagues

jovada

Regent
no it's not, as I have demonstrated
jovada: I never said that someone who does also fights when there are 0 or only 1 camp available exploit
Donna: A player can do a serious amount of fights per day without too much 0 attrition fights

To me this means exactly the same, and is an answer to donna, what you demonstrate (true or false) i don't know.

King Flush

Marquis
jovada: I never said that someone who does also fights when there are 0 or only 1 camp available exploit
Donna: A player can do a serious amount of fights per day without too much 0 attrition fights

To me this means exactly the same, and is an answer to donna, what you demonstrate (true or false) i don't know.
your problem is you look at peoples fight number and categorise them all the same way, there may be a few that take nothing but free fights and give nothing back and then there are plenty who have large fight numbers and give an awful lot to their guild and fellow guildmates, when you take these away then there is not just reason to make any change to stop a very very small minority, of course this is on the basis that it is a factor as to why the nerf has been put forward, we don't know? other argument is it's to make weak guilds be able to compete more but the reality is most of these weak guilds just don't try, they have sectors open to them they take an age to fill and when they do they often don't even build, so this won't help with that and as been said over and over again there's better ways to address this by altering how the league structure works but you can only lead a cow to water can't make them drink, lack of effort will still be a lack of effort.

You mean by competitive side of the game the ability to exploit the game with 0 attrition,
We worked hard i hear , but if you can do 15.000+ fights in a season you not only exploit the 0 attrition but also exploit your own guildmates that have to take sectors with 0 and 1 camp so you can profit a maximum, and those other guildmates worked hard to.
Maybe we will have a real competition again
I've reflected to this.
But honestly I gave up. I start to accept my medium size guild will die, my guys either will drift away from the game or will leave to the big guilds where they can find some kind of feeling of success. I will stay with those who don't interested in the GBG as long as I also drift away. All of our effort will be canceled by this change, our treasury will mean nothing because we don't have enough members to spread the attrition effectively. And this is for nothing because the weak remain weak, who don't have treasury won't build any SC, the big guilds will be bigger and stronger and the other guilds will be beached the same way. Only the medium size guilds with serious treasury will die, who had the activity and strength to break a swap or fight against the big ones, at least once or twice a day.

Even if this cap will be removed with time the damage will be done.
Time to find another hobby :p

jovada

Regent
other argument is it's to make weak guilds be able to compete more but the reality is most of these weak guilds just don't try, they have sectors open to them they take an age to fill and when they do they often don't even build, so this won't help with that and as been said over and over again there's better ways to address this by altering how the league structure works but you can only lead a cow to water can't make them drink, lack of effort will still be a lack of effort.
Maybe those weak guilds just don't want to take the sector to please you so you can do more fights, maybe they are tired and bored to be kicked every 4h later again.
That remembers me in the beginning after a couple of seasons , 1 guild after day 2 had about 50 sectors, i proposed them let us have a sector with 2 camps so we can battle around them and it's good for you so you can take them back every time instead that we have every time start again from hq with full attrition, they refused , so what i did was starting from hq all the sectors surrounding leave at 155/160 when nothing possible anymore we took the one in front and started to battle 155/160 everything we could reach, then again taking 1 sector and do the same , all our flags with 155/160 fell away , but we could do a lot of fights and they only could do 1 sector each time we took 1, we ended 2de that season with maybe 40.000 points and they had about 400.000 but we did all the fights, you can't imagine the mails i received begging or insulting hahahaha.
So letting other guilds have sectors is even more in the intrest of bigger guilds and i can understand that smaller guilds say why should i please you.

Of course there are smaller guilds that really don't care and maybe have 1 person in that guild that says hé i do some fights i receive some rewards.
But other guilds really want to participate and if the map is controlled and swapped between 2 guilds and they are blocked it's no fun.

And of course matchmaking is not ideal for the moment, i proposed winners only receive 75 50 and 25 points , and loosing could stay at -75 -125 and -175 so if you drop 175 points it will take you 3 seasons of winning to be back again at that point, after a couple of seasons you need less diamond 1000LP groups and the stronger will encounter more other strong.

That is only an idea and i don't say it's the best , and others put some other ideas, but innogames is finaly working again on GbG so let's see what the future brings.

King Flush

Marquis
Maybe those weak guilds just don't want to take the sector to please you so you can do more fights, maybe they are tired and bored to be kicked every 4h later again.
That remembers me in the beginning after a couple of seasons , 1 guild after day 2 had about 50 sectors, i proposed them let us have a sector with 2 camps so we can battle around them and it's good for you so you can take them back every time instead that we have every time start again from hq with full attrition, they refused , so what i did was starting from hq all the sectors surrounding leave at 155/160 when nothing possible anymore we took the one in front and started to battle 155/160 everything we could reach, then again taking 1 sector and do the same , all our flags with 155/160 fell away , but we could do a lot of fights and they only could do 1 sector each time we took 1, we ended 2de that season with maybe 40.000 points and they had about 400.000 but we did all the fights, you can't imagine the mails i received begging or insulting hahahaha.
So letting other guilds have sectors is even more in the intrest of bigger guilds and i can understand that smaller guilds say why should i please you.

Of course there are smaller guilds that really don't care and maybe have 1 person in that guild that says hé i do some fights i receive some rewards.
But other guilds really want to participate and if the map is controlled and swapped between 2 guilds and they are blocked it's no fun.

And of course matchmaking is not ideal for the moment, i proposed winners only receive 75 50 and 25 points , and loosing could stay at -75 -125 and -175 so if you drop 175 points it will take you 3 seasons of winning to be back again at that point, after a couple of seasons you need less diamond 1000LP groups and the stronger will encounter more other strong.

That is only an idea and i don't say it's the best , and others put some other ideas, but innogames is finaly working again on GbG so let's see what the future brings.
precicely so you say with some effort and good tactical play mid guilds can succeed, I have been saying this all along

But i always said the same, i'am only against two guilds controlling and swapping leaving flags 159/160 countering all participation from other guilds , but when they are the only big guild on a map begging those same guilds to participate haha.
Thos big guilds will controll the map in the future also and the small guilds will be beached.
The bigs will get rid of the once-a-day players and will recruit the active ones from the small and medium guilds. They will spread the attrition and will controll the map maybe with a little more effort but the result will be the same.

Maybe it will take 1-2 month to reorganize themselves but they will do it.
This cap won't solve anything because the problem isn't the attrition but the matchmaking and league system.

Petrus1942

Farmer
Thos big guilds will controll the map in the future also and the small guilds will be beached.
The bigs will get rid of the once-a-day players and will recruit the active ones from the small and medium guilds. They will spread the attrition and will controll the map maybe with a little more effort but the result will be the same.

This cap won't solve anything because the problem isn't the attrition but the matchmaking and league system.
That's exactly what's going to happen - this isn't going to protect the small guilds one bit, it's just going to make GbG even less enjoyable for everyone. I very much do appreciate what Inno is trying to do but this is going to be a massive failure if their goal is to stop top guilds from owning as much of the map as they feel like. Inno needs to go back to the drawing board on this rather than roll out a "fix" that stands no chance of solving its intended problem.

King Flush

Marquis

will be much the same but in slow motion without much of the dynamics of races and such or at least to a far lesser extent, sectors will remain stagnent for long periods, the guilds will not be able to flip as many sectors and a greater emphasis will be on holding the sectors you own, how? I imagine once the greater tactical minds work it all out traps and forts will become commonplace and the weaker guilds will be even more trapped than they are currently.

King Flush

Marquis
We will probably get a second test round here on beta with the same balancing, but have not yet received confirmation. I will post it in the announcement, once i know it for sure.
two whole campaigns in beta to realise or not whether to implement! you need far far longer in my eyes to get an idea on this, think it will be like a snowball niggles at first will accumulate into bigger and bigger problems as weeks even months go on.

having said that at least would know whether the game will be destroyed or not and whether it's time to invest energy on something else.

Owl II

Emperor
I've reflected to this.
But honestly I gave up. I start to accept my medium size guild will die, my guys either will drift away from the game or will leave to the big guilds where they can find some kind of feeling of success. I will stay with those who don't interested in the GBG as long as I also drift away. All of our effort will be canceled by this change, our treasury will mean nothing because we don't have enough members to spread the attrition effectively. And this is for nothing because the weak remain weak, who don't have treasury won't build any SC, the big guilds will be bigger and stronger and the other guilds will be beached the same way. Only the medium size guilds with serious treasury will die, who had the activity and strength to break a swap or fight against the big ones, at least once or twice a day.

Even if this cap will be removed with time the damage will be done.
Time to find another hobby :p
The same thing. No, I will try to build something viable in the new conditions. But there is no initial enthusiasm. It was killed not so much by the fact of nerf itself as by the thoughtless position of developers to the efforts of players to organize the gaming environment. It's easier to be an amoeba. Fewer risks.

The same thing. No, I will try to build something viable in the new conditions. But there is no initial enthusiasm. It was killed not so much by the fact of nerf itself as by the thoughtless position of developers to the efforts of players to organize the gaming environment. It's easier to be an amoeba. Fewer risks.
I don't feel the strength to start again. My guild is 18 months old, we started from level 0 with 24 member. Now we doubled in size (almost) have millions of goods in the treasury in the relevant ages and were doing fine. Really. Sometimes on the beach but everybody needs a little holiday :)

It was tons of work. 12 hours per day in the game on my part. I won't start again. No way.

King Flush

Marquis
I don't feel the strength to start again. My guild is 18 months old, we started from level 0 with 24 member. Now we doubled in size (almost) have millions of goods in the treasury in the relevant ages and were doing fine. Really. Sometimes on the beach but everybody needs a little holiday :)

It was tons of work. 12 hours per day in the game on my part. I won't start again. No way.
it's a travesty! I feel for you same as I do for myself and many others, if this come in.