• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
So the ones who didn't come to the forum and vote will be counted as pro this change? Interesting handling - why then open a poll anyway? Mocking at the ones that are contributing to the forum? Why not just closing the forum at all and just doing what intended anyway?
I just made the point that you have to be careful in evaluating data.

In favor of my argument, I can only say that only the Contra party has a reason to go onto the barricades - why should the Pro party do that?
The incentive for the protesters just is way way higher than for the others

Kev-

Farmer
In any sort of democracy 2/3rds majority would be a landslide victory end of story. If this goes through the it shows the contempt Inno has for its paymasters and this paymaster in particular will be withholding funds forthwith.
come on... two thirds of the people that voted are against it...

As I and Juber said before - the poll is biased and not exactly representative.

I can just as well make the counter argument:
Just assume a population of the top 1000 players on beta - max 300 of them felt the need to come to the forum to take part in the poll - that is less than 30% of the population.

Should that not be seen as approval?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Then any poll is useless from the beginning
no not all polls - but the setting of the poll has to be correct - an ingame poll where every player is obligated to vote would be representative

Also I am pretty sure that most democracies will call a poll invalid when less than X% of the populatioon participated

Kev-

Farmer
So put it out to everyone and 100% same result and while doing that sort your own issues out first. Get a decent method of selecting matchups which has been the comment forwarded in 90% of posts from both sides. Further sort the issue you know you have with players able to get and fight with Fighters multiple Era higher than there own............ but that kind of cheating as many would call it fetches Inno massive revenue keeping the over Era fighters alive so zero interest of doing something that would actually be useful and makes the Nerf meaningless for them anyway as there is no additional attrition above 150.
When's a poll not a poll when its part of the Inno dictatorship............................ thanks but no thanks, bring it on put it out live and watch your income stream evaporate along with general participation. Did you not read the comment how 1.9 activity was down, swap thread activity down general activity and participation was down. GBG is the only thing that fetches guys online regularly as sectors time down if you want guys logging in once a day at collection time do a few fights at the same time and come back 24hrs later then bring it on.
the full population is invited to take part in the poll

knarre sbeat

Merchant
So put it out to everyone and 100% same result and while doing that sort your own issues out first. Get a decent method of selecting matchups which has been the comment forwarded in 90% of posts from both sides. Further sort the issue you know you have with players able to get and fight with Fighters multiple Era higher than there own............ but that kind of cheating as many would call it fetches Inno massive revenue keeping the over Era fighters alive so zero interest of doing something that would actually be useful and makes the Nerf meaningless for them anyway as there is no additional attrition above 150.
When's a poll not a poll when its part of the Inno dictatorship............................ thanks but no thanks, bring it on put it out live and watch your income stream evaporate along with general participation. Did you not read the comment how 1.9 activity was down, swap thread activity down general activity and participation was down. GBG is the only thing that fetches guys online regularly as sectors time down if you want guys logging in once a day at collection time do a few fights at the same time and come back 24hrs later then bring it on.
You make it sound like without GbG, no one would spend Diamonds or log in the game severall times a day.
So in other words you havent been playing, before GbG was introduced.
GbG isnt the main attracion. Inno doesnt even consider advertising for it.
We have FoE+ now. 1200 Diamonds per Event.
We have 60 pages of feedback how GbG could be better.
People dont get the point of this thread, Its a Feedback thread on re balance.
Please post your feedback on the general GbG somewhere else.
Why would Inno take time to view 80 pages of off topic?

Last edited:

jovada

Regent
Believe me ,GVG can be exploited much harder than GbG, I know some players that paid in diamonds with special cards/gift cards or in forge points other players to put champions for them in designated sectors to pingpoing in GvG(after they used all of their units in defending armies or sieges), GbG stil had a limit after a while, gvg doesnt, and medals are ultra easy to gather to lay sieges that are ultra cheap.
Innogames took action in the past when you fill a sector with champions and released the sector the champions dissapeared, maybe they should take more action to.

But that proves only the mentality of some players that they don't want a real gameplay but only to exploit a maximum for (fake) ranking or to collect tons of rewards.

King Flush

Marquis
if we take 10k (more or less) active beta players than >99.5% don't even care

2/3 of 0.5% :rolleyes:

you won't become president in any democracy with that
so 99.5% don't care obviously that is a very accurate number because this is such a little change it will effect nobody right! safe to say until people rip down their cities and rebuild for FP production instead of attack stats their will be less FP's gained on the whole accross the platform, 1.9's will slow down so people who gain from Arc profiteering will earn less and more people looking to turn to this, likewise, there will be less sniping opportunities due to less GB leveling and because more people will look to snipe to earn FP's, truly the only players that will have no ill effect are those that log in once a day do a city collection and leave, yea you're right that sounds like 99.5% of what players do

the ones that will gain, or not neccessarily gain but will put them at a massive advantage to their peers are those that play with advanced age troops they will be rubbing their hands in glee this will be massive for them, now if you want to talk about an exploit what about that one, one that will be even more out of balance than it already is.

Said before personally I don't like sniping don't like plundering, but to get an edge post nerf if I was to carry on I would likely be forced to start doing these to stay ahead. Unfortunately gone past the point of being able to fight with advanced age troops so realistically best to scrap city and start again head to the optimal age of Industrial and never advance further, what a waste of time and effort it has been for me to foolishly try and increase my fighting ability and progress towards the latter ages.

If our guild still has a desire to compete in GBG (big if) I dare say we will all be pushed to negotiate much more than fight as the speed in which you can fill and close sectors will be much less important than using your slim attrition to gain 2 hits on a sector than one, oh I do love to negotiate! (sarcastic comment)

most likely we will focus much more on GVG at least I'm able being PC based, sorry mobile only players the balance between mobile only and PC players will be greater post nerf.

Small sized guilds with strong players best look to merge or quickly recruit, no longer can they compete with guilds of larger numbers even with weaker players these guilds will have an edge, all about quantity not quality.

Does this sound like 'balance' ???

Seems to me the 'for' camp is likely mainly envious ones don't like the fact that those who work harder than them get further and those that have been in the game forever who understandably may now wish to do less and just sit back on their laurels knowing their status in the game will be solidified.

The very last point is conjecture so don't pick this one to come back on, being the easy option, please tell me how I may be wrong on any of my other points, I've only mentioned here a small amount of the problems I forsee there are many more!

Yes there was FOE before GBG yes in the real world there was the middle ages where people were burnt on a stake, I wasn't around for either but can safely assume that GBG has been as good to the game as advances in humanity has been to the modern world, with this proposal the game is at crossroads and my hope is it doesn't go backwards to a darker time and remove the competitive side of the game.

jovada

Regent
remove the competitive side of the game.
You mean by competitive side of the game the ability to exploit the game with 0 attrition,
We worked hard i hear , but if you can do 15.000+ fights in a season you not only exploit the 0 attrition but also exploit your own guildmates that have to take sectors with 0 and 1 camp so you can profit a maximum, and those other guildmates worked hard to.
Maybe we will have a real competition again

1.9's will slow down so people who gain from Arc profiteering will earn less and more people looking to turn to this, likewise,

In fact you confirm what i said before, it's not to help guildmates with their GB but to convert your fp gained by exploiting into your stock.
I see no other reason why it should slow down otherwise , you help guildmate and receive your fp back always you don't let depend it on your GbG, if that is a reason to no longer help that proves only it's an egoïstic way to play.

King Flush

Marquis
You mean by competitive side of the game the ability to exploit the game with 0 attrition,
We worked hard i hear , but if you can do 15.000+ fights in a season you not only exploit the 0 attrition but also exploit your own guildmates that have to take sectors with 0 and 1 camp so you can profit a maximum, and those other guildmates worked hard to.
Maybe we will have a real competition again

In fact you confirm what i said before, it's not to help guildmates with their GB but to convert your fp gained by exploiting into your stock.
I see no other reason why it should slow down otherwise , you help guildmate and receive your fp back always you don't let depend it on your GbG, if that is a reason to no longer help that proves only it's an egoïstic way to play.
again another response with only picking up on the easiest of points rather than tackling any of the concerns put out, but to respond no I don't agree at all with your interpretation of my comments, how many players do 15k fights in a season? very very few, can you currently do a large amount of fights in a campaign without it being selfish by nature, yes of course you can I've said before how i play the game, I lead A LOT I spend vast amount of time on the map in turn helping my guildmates get their own fights and to battle it out with the other guilds, I enjoy the tactics in doing so, I don't look to get silly amount of fights indeed I could get much more if I was not to lead, but the type of player who lives on 0 attrition sectors are extremely rare. If there is an important sector with high attrition to be took I could well get wiped out straight after reset, I try to avoid if can help it as we lose a leader for the day but I don't shy away from hitting these sectors I just try to manage my attrition best I can to assist for longer. do I get generally get a large amount of fights - yes, is it by greed - no, does that mean I think then it's fine to make any cuts to my rewards - no, I very much deserve the rewards I get, would go so far to say I deserve considerably more due to the effort i put in whilst there are players earning similar or not much less by going about the easy ways of earning like sniping as an example.

You see no reason why activity in 1.9's will go down, really?? you do not notice that the 3 days between GBG that the activity drops off significantly? okay people will still get rewards but the lesser amount will make a difference that can't be denied.

you keep using the word 'exploit' to instill to others something that really isn't much of a factor just to meet your ends in your cause, please define what you consider the meaning of the word, sure if you were to we could use 'exploit' to label virtually all aspects of the game, is it an exploit to have a L180 Arc and profiteer from 1.9's is it an 'exploit' to snipe is it an 'exploit' to have a city full of FP producing buildings and collect more than others may do?

nothing you say has any substance whatsoever. but you'd make a great politician I'm sure.

Petrus1942

Farmer
This change was pretty much universally unpopular in my smaller guild. I can see where my live server guild would adapt and survive just fine, though some players will no doubt get frustrated with the difficulty of making progress due to the rapid accumulation of attrition and they'll quit the game entirely, but others will "embrace the suck" and deal with the fact that a grindy game just got a whole lot more grindy - they won't enjoy it at all but they'll keep playing until they find a game that's less of a chore.

For my beta guild, it became painful for the players who could eat a lot more attrition and act as GbG leaders because they were very quickly the only ones still playing GbG - when one sector wipes out your daily attrition it becomes very difficult to act cohesively. For all those who think this hurts the biggest players the most, I can guarantee you from personal experience that this actually hurts the small-to-medium players the most because they have no other good way to gain FPs. So if Inno is trying to do this to level terms, they've managed to do exactly the opposite.

Amdira

Baronet
It takes one or two seasons to play in the guild with a healthy team and competent leadership to stop talking this nonsense. If you are not able to organize a game in your guild, it does not mean that everyone cannot.
I takes years fo find or even build up something like a guild with a healthy team, especially after more than 2 years of GbG in the "old" way. I doubt many GLs will be able or even willing to motivate their players, who didn't participate until now in GbG to do this with those new restrictive rules. Thus they will have to decide whether to be sufficient with less success with the remaining (hyper)active players or to rebuild the guild completely with new rules and more pressure on the average players. Guilds who were building up teamplay and fairness already in the past will be the winners, just with less personal rewards.

jovada

Regent
you keep using the word 'exploit' to instill to others something that really isn't much of a factor just to meet your ends in your cause, please define what you consider the meaning of the word, sure if you were to we could use 'exploit' to label virtually all aspects of the game, is it an exploit to have a L180 Arc and profiteer from 1.9's is it an 'exploit' to snipe is it an 'exploit' to have a city full of FP producing buildings and collect more than others may do?
I never said that someone who does also fights when there are 0 or only 1 camp available exploit , i say exploit when someone is living on the 0 attrition like you say.
Working to level you Arc or other buildings is no exploit that is managing your buildings, of course i call it exploit if you use double accounts to level your buildings.
And how can you say that choosing what you build in your city can be an exploit ,
Sniping and plundering you cause direct loss to a player, it's a choice , i don't do it, others do, you can't forbid them.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Let them talk unnecessarily, Jovada, the nerf is coming very soon to the live servers where Inno can easily see if his goal (undetermined for us at the moment) will be achieved after 2 or 3 GbG.
Don't give them importance by answering them when they don't bring anything, they just pour out their hate.

I never said that someone who does also fights when there are 0 or only 1 camp available exploit , i say exploit when someone is living on the 0 attrition like you say.
Working to level you Arc or other buildings is no exploit that is managing your buildings, of course i call it exploit if you use double accounts to level your buildings.
And how can you say that choosing what you build in your city can be an exploit ,
Sniping and plundering you cause direct loss to a player, it's a choice , i don't do it, others do, you can't forbid them.
Jovada, it was told several times in this thread - maybe there are a handful of players who wait for the 0 attrition sectors but trust me they are very quickly asked to find an other guild if they keep up this behaviour. Maybe it was typical after the GBG had been implemented but a very rare situation now.

It is quite boring to read again and again about the more or less non-existent greedy players who 'exploit' the game and don't let their guildmates do easy fights. A player can do a serious amount of fights per day without too much 0 attrition fights.