• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Yekk

Viceroy
The problem with "choose where you play" is that while it may work out ok at first (and if it was used in the right spirit), it'll only take a couple guilds who could be (stable) at 1000 to decide to recreate 1000 at 900 as well on their terms. The motivation could be that they want an easy stomping ground without much worry, or it might be that they want their ideal swap partner every season and there's only 1 900 group. Either way now guilds at 900 now have to face 1000-level competition before 1000.

Non-optional matchmaking is important. Even if the existing matchmaking leaves something to be desired, it's better with it than without it.
it took two guilds to rock... you are completely wrong

Owl II

Emperor
I can survive with this, but I will have to stick to 270-300 fights/day and lower attrition everyday, I lost more units currently than I produced to achieve 120 attrition on weaker days and 149 in that "top" day ...
Could you tell me how many units you spent?(at least approximately for the whole season)?

-Alin-

Emperor
Could you tell me how many units you spent?(at least approximately for the whole season)?

I was at 136.4k units at the beggining of this round.
This morning after collecting 122 units I was at 134.6k units, 1.8k+the ones collected during the round, 122 units each 16 hours...
Are many to count anyway and too morning for me.
Around 3k of them I think on a average, or maybe a bit more.

bornempire

Steward
You still need to build enough Camps/Watchtowers to get any attrition reduction at all you know? ^^
Of course it will not be 100% reduction anymore, but 66.6% is worth the 4 Camps in my eyes. :)
With no chances on reduction free fighting, small guilds will stop building camps. So the top fighters can do their fights in max15 minutes daily. And the others in 5. Well then. Why waste 3000 goods on that per camp?

Yeah the top guilds will built their camps, but that is not more then max 10 guilds. Any guild lower then rank 20, how many of them will spent 3000 goods for a third camp where the additional reduction is only 12%,? Goods don't fall from heaven.

It is boring like this. What incentive will small cities have to grow, now that they see, even the enormous cities can do hardly more fights then themselves?

PackCat

Squire
It does not level the ground for the little guilds. The little ones don't care. It compares medium guilds to little.
This is the only tangible effect, except some envy will be satisfied.
Sounds like a heck of a way to anger more than half of your customers, while only satisfying envy for a few poor players.

Does anyone think a newer player (<2 year exp) should be able to compete 1:1 with another player who has been 5+ years into the game, built-up their cities, armies, attack/defenses, lived through ages of plundering and experience to refine their skills? We've developed into a Millennial society where participation badges are more important than winner trophies.

But, on the social Virtual Signaling meter, INNO is a hit!!! :(

Last edited:

kawada

Marquis
I am from a guild which has both super-active fighters and farmers which don’t participate in GBG at all. Previously, we were building a lot of camps and active fighters could not be happier about GBG flow. During last season, they kept getting maxed in attrition quite fast at the beginning of the day and that’s it. Now, active fighters are frustrated due to fewer number of fights and lack of support from farmers (which was not that noticeable before)

What’s the result of it?
  • No change for farmers who are quite non-active gamers anyway
  • Frustration cause unhappy / conflicting environment in the guilds because fighters need support from farmers, and farmers are not going to change their game style
  • active fighters run out army units quite fast which reduce their activity too
  • Activity decrease for previously active players: now they log in to get max attrition (which doesn’t take long and require one single log in) and gather FPs. for example, I came back to play my live account again
  • Active fighters will rotate between more active guilds which will lead to polarisation (active vs non active GBG participants) and fewer number of actively fighting guilds

To me, that’s very disappointing. If you don like GBG farming, decrease number of rewards, make GBG field bigger, develope an effective system of leagues… But Inno decided to chose the least attractive method

conqueror9

Regent
Bad Bad change

After serious thinking
It is Guild battleground, it is a place for figthing between each others guild

So I think
promotion is based on amount of battles, it will reflect guild co-operation

if guild is inactive or insuffiicent members , they will always at lower league

The cutline for diamond, say 25k battles among 60k battles, below it, never have that chance to go up in league
< 25k and 60k are for sample only, values to be agree >

if u want to get more, fight to get more battles

when GBG end, if total battles in that GBG of all guilds do not reach 60k, all degrade

if total 60k battles is reached,
then for those guild reach 25k battles, keep in grade and rank according to point they score
those who do not reach 25k battles, rank across amount of battles they score and point they score with their ranking below those above 25k

If a strong GBG guild keep the GBG the same color for whole duration of the GBG, they will not have 25k battles, the only fate they degrade
that is to say, strong GBG must allow rooms for other guilds

If your guild are not active enough, you will end up in the GBG with similar guild, then you will have sufficient battles as other guild with you are similar guild co-operation...

if your guild are very active, your guild will end up with similar activities guild, that a good sector exchange between various guilds can happen

In short, GBG will composed of similar Guild-cooperation activities Guild

FoE is a fair game to everyone, compared to alot of pay-to-win abominations on the app stores, but i dislike the direction inno games are heading, with the gbg nerfhammer being only the most recent step i dont like:

- they restricted themselves to copy paste new ages
- same for events (only copy paste)
- ads in FoE for chinese pay-to-win abominations who stage false and misleading advertisements, and ads to online real money gambling
- they wasted alot time and energy on the scrapped event center
- they wasted alot of time and energy on the desastrous guild perks
- They must be so ingenious and full of their own brilliant ideas as to generally not wanting and not willing to read through any content ideas by the community (they even say it officially on their idea forum that they do not want any of that)

Last edited:

*Manse*

Farmer
I like the new initiatives.

Smaller clans have a better chance.

More players have a chance for matches - and you are more dependent on everyone in the clan being active on the battlefield.

Some believe that event buildings and GBs are wasted now, but no, if any it is more important to grab strength for more matches and keep the exhaustion going.

Yes, it presents new challenges, and yes, I like it.

myrddhyn

Farmer
Can be short and fast on the GbG changes: total nonsense, despite what any other has to say about it.
Think you guys at Inno haven't really thought through all the consequences. Like for example all the smaller guilds (1 person. 2 person, 3 person etc)... they can just skip GbG from now on... just use it to do the occasional fights requested in the dailies (IF/WHEN that issue gets resolved). Cause the only chance they had was building camps and/or towers to proceed/advance in GbG. That's not possible anymore now, and they'll be stuck on the outer rings from now on. On my own I was able to get 2nd in Diamond League due to the unlimited fights... now I got 42 attr on 109 fights. That's just an unreasonably and not well thought of change. Way too big a change.
My gutt feeling says you've been listening to the complainers a bit too much, and hide what's really going on behind your attrition model. They're complaining because of one of the oldest feelings of mankind... the feeling of jealousy. Do the work, spend the energy and time and you'll have exactly what the big dudes and dudettes have. Don't go nagging to the "boss"! Work for it! And Inno... how long have we been playing GbG now? You should have come up with this change way earlier cause you've noticed the given reason a long time ago.
Now I've got that out of my system:
I can understand changes... seen so many already since I started playing here some 11-12yrs ago. Most for the better, some for the worst. But this change in GbG is way too drastic. From 1000-1500 fights a day to something like 200 fights a day. That's just not right. If you go through with this and bring it to the regular servers, consider a less drastic change. Cause I think you will not only change the way of playstyle/method... you will change complete community interactions.
Gr Myrddhyn