• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I and the forum mods go through everything and I collect and forward everything.
So ?
@Juber : Can we know what Inno means by "balancing"?

Because 90% of this discussion is sterile, between the oppositions of style of play and the threats, I see few constructive comments there.
And for good reason, no one knows why Inno made this change, the answers can be thousands of miles from the feedback they expect.

The discussion would be more useful if we knew the reason:

- if it is to fight bots and macros?
- if it is to mitigate the gains of some?
- if it is to reduce the activity on the computer servers?
- if it is to give importance to attrition?
- if the goal is to force players to negotiate more and therefore potentially use more diamonds?
- if the goal is to purge the worlds of over-optimized players?
- if the goal is to better distribute the guilds within the leagues according to their capacity?
- if the goal is to satisfy the "jealous"?

Otherwise, this topic will be of no use, except to exacerbate hatred between different types of players, which would be against the rules of the forum.

conqueror9

Regent
What is it were governed like GVG in that the more sectors you hold, the more expensive the goods, and/or goods would be more expensive approaching the center.

Previously, outer sectors were more expensive because they require older age goods which are scarce.
You always have Guild members in lower levels without much treasury GB support.
The inner sectors require later age goods, which are usually plentiful based on player ages.

Some or most Guilds will not build camps unless they have a surplus of 100K goods, or the camp cost is less than 5% of inventory.
Guilds that do a lot of fighting in GVG FE/TE are very stingy about sharing with GBG.

A few may say that the Stronger Guilds would still hold an advantage, but why shouldn't they.
If you physically exercise several days a week and stay in shape, why should I complain if I stay indoors and never exercise, and I am in poor health?
This will not work

I consider GVG is fail...once a guild anchor, other guild just like a fly outside the edge..
It is only the strong guild (strong in goods) can suffer those goods can continue in GVG

If goods goes more expensive when it go to central, it do not limit a strong guild chances, it affect all guild that in the GBG, it means all guilds are hard to enter. It is possible 1 guild stack there from begin to end...In taking about ranking, if a guild just occupy 4 sector at center from begin to end of GBG, give up other sector, they may possible end up rank 1 in that GBG. Most guild are satisfy when they can maintain or promote league. So super high ranking is not a very important factor to some guild.

if goods go more more expensive to central, so possible some guilds just goes around your HQ , especially for neighbours HQ. Those negihour guilds will get all block as they are in cheaper goods zone.

It is a war game, it is not just a war game between player. it is also a war game between Inno and player. Player will always try a good way to earn more in any features. Just like GB Arc, the impact upset all "fp swap system", even worst, there is 1.9 Club....

GvG , after player learn the dis-advantage of GVG---burning too much goods, the interaction is drop compare with it first pop-up in FoE.

GBG, after player learn they can farm something ....that develop so called "endless farming", it is a player win against Inno ( Inno would never think some player do such farming like that ). Remember, to player, Inno is common enemy, other player may be your enemy and may become a friend due to "shared advantage". But no player is a friend of Inno as player want get advantage from Inno, while Inno want your $$$. It is only player who do not know "how to play GBG" and has "no guild co-operation" and want to make a share and request adjustment.

GBG is a Guild Issue, If your Guild do not have any guild co-operation to do works, you should not ask any adjustment in GBG as it is completely contradict GBG design ( Guild works ). As I mentioned many times, strong guild in GBG is refer to those who has high guild-co-operation. It do not relate with "how strong a player", strong player only has a higher chance of successful rate in battles only. There is no particualry advanatge as the enemy in GBG is based on your age, higher age player will face higher age enemy soldier, while lower age will face lower age enemy soldier. Those enemy soldiers are exactly same as your GE enemy soldier. It is amount of your guildmate hitting a sector while trying a capture sector b4 other guild.

You should not ask equal right while your guild has super less quild co-operation. Equal right is only exists between guild who has similar guild activties.

It is total INNO ISSUE and INNO design fault.
If Guilds with similar guild co-operation are placed together, the "so called problem" will greatly reduced. The current situation of GBG, it composed of different sizes of guild in a GBG, Some with a high degree of guild co-operation will out-phase those guild with few guild co-operation, especailly for those guild who do not do any guild co-operation when they find there is a high-rank guild in that GBG.

Amdira

Baronet
To find out which guilds are really interested in gbg and which less, why not just open a blank map at the beginning and let guilds jump in like in GE :)

Emberguard

Emperor
The fastest would play again the fastest by their own choice showing interest in gbg and not being selected by Inno ^^
So same mechanics as the Antiques Dealer then (first 50 players are in the auction, then new auction starts with the next player)

Guild Expedition matches are determined purely on amount of members in the Guild. Not through speed

Emberguard

Emperor
no, I mean GE - the later your guild is joining GE the easier the enemies will be - give it a try :)
Actually the matchups are already decided before you begin your encounters, as once the timer starts it's already determined.

If it were true that starting later made for easier enemies then it'd be consistently reproducible without fail. It's not.

Amdira

Baronet
FAKE NEWS

the opponents are decided by the game at the beginning of each week

all believes that you have influence with starting later are just wrong
maybe I'm wrong with this - I only have the information from another player - whatever - let's go back to GbG

Emberguard

Emperor
maybe I'm wrong with this - I only have the information from another player - whatever - let's go back to GG
Ok back to Guild Battlegrounds

If we're going with the idea of map opponents being determined by who hits the map first, I'm thinking that would need to take Guild League into account as well. So Gold isn't facing Diamond or something xD

I don't know if it'd be a good or bad idea without testing, wouldn't mind seeing it in action just to see how it'd go.

CrashBoom

Legend
but what does that solve ?

there will also be a few very strong guilds against the weaker ones (with same LP)

because
a) the big guild could wait
b) the weaker guild has one player that jumps in direct after start

Beta King

Viceroy
If This is the best Inno can offer it is fine to prevent guild farming that has lead to players migrating to top guilds while the few of us super strong dedicated independant players have loathed watching flags 159 of 160 galore being held by 2 to 3 guilds leaving 98% of players in total disgust for what was meant to be war into farming. This should have happened long time ago but better late than ever. Any MOD or developer here again 2 years ago somewhere I suggested every open flag a guild holds reduces SC effectiveness by 20 % or more so Guild x and guild Y hold 10 flags each and farm get 100% attrition each fight. this can help unless an exploit is found. Its the open flags that I see as total abuse of gbg here. Not attrition free fights If this does not work then the 66.6 cap will be the only way to go. I also suggest to fair play rankin every gbg farmer last 2 years is rank point nerfefed too many Pseudo billion pointers for my liking.
Yeah like KG said anyone with Pseudo Billions nerf them down to around 100 million, that will show them to exploit the game!

knarre sbeat

Merchant
Guys we already had a GbG suggestion thread. We had 2 years to talk about how we`d like the changes to happen.
It doesnt make sense to adress wishes now.
Its just a matter of time till it goes live, they wont change it now. would they?
Why not wait for the change to hit, then start talking with arguments, why its bad in your opinion and what they could do to make it better.

conqueror9

Regent
but what does that solve ?

there will also be a few very strong guilds against the weaker ones (with same LP)

because
a) the big guild could wait
b) the weaker guild has one player that jumps in direct after start

I have a suggestion...

group guild according amount of "battles and negotiation" when GBG end

group into several groups who makes tons of battles ( strong good GBG )
say Group A 30k ...diamond league
say Group B 20K
say Group C, D, E, F ...etc

when a new GBG start, choose 6 from Group A and 2 from Group B
if u are good, you will remain in group A when GBG end
there will have a lot of interaction between

weaker guild who do not have sufficient battles will drop in group
facing similar group
then they can have more battles as the competitor are similar

Looking at the app store, FoE seems to be innos biggest and most successfull game by far compared to their other games.

Maybe because FoE has GBG while the other games dont?

(i have never tried their other games though, its only an assumption that they dont have something that can be compared to the current GBG in FoE, but if its true then it could be worth thinking about this aspect too)
In the very beginning it was realy fantastic game with pretty interface and most o all - interesting, Sinse three years all these changed and not for good.
The last time, when the game was boring, they introduced GBG and that was a srtike.
I don`t understand why they are transforming FOE in something boring and uninteressting. This is a big mistery, at least for me.
The last innovations they proposed were a little disaster and because they do copy-paste of existing things. There is no creativity in the last three years.
And like the real empires died at the moment, when the burocratie envaded the state, here is happening the same.
INNO are not listening the players, but the players are this important subject, who keeps the game alive.
This changes, or nerfs, are a kind of suicide, but obviously they don`t want to listen and undesrtand

Last edited: